GTMSA Presents: VW Golf IV Cup Season 2 - Preseason Discussion

• Thread starter LancerEvo7
  • 173 comments
The race is moved to Sunday, just at the same time it would be if it were on Saturday.

The race lounge will be open in a little bit. I'll send out messages over PSN when it's up.

Sorry couldn't race tonight I had a electric cut down so no tv or anything booooo i will be back for next Saturday see you then.

No problem, you got DNS points since you stopped in the room :)

Results coming momentarily, news will come soon too.

Apologies for double post, but:

Any Capp Cup driver who hasn't previously made a Golf Cup start can race this weekend, and if they win, they get a car of their choice either from my collection of standards, or a premium car worth up to 500,000 Cr.

Drivers may qualify any time during the week (qualifying will be done WSGTC-style, a race will be started, you have a lap to warm up and another to set fast time.) The race lounge will open for final practice immediately after the Capp Cup race, gridding will begin at 3:55, and the race will begin at 4:00 PM EDT (GMT-4). The race will take roughly an hour.

Regulations and series information can be found at the link above or in my signature.

Also, all drivers, you can qualify at any time during the week, you can send me a message when you wish to qualify. I'll also have rooms up at a couple times during the week.

LancerEvo7
Apologies for double post, but:

Any Capp Cup driver who hasn't previously made a Golf Cup start can race this weekend, and if they win, they get a car of their choice either from my collection of standards, or a premium car worth up to 500,000 Cr.

Drivers may qualify any time during the week (qualifying will be done WSGTC-style, a race will be started, you have a lap to warm up and another to set fast time.) The race lounge will open for final practice immediately after the Capp Cup race, gridding will begin at 3:55, and the race will begin at 4:00 PM EDT (GMT-4). The race will take roughly an hour.

Regulations and series information can be found at the link above or in my signature.

Also, all drivers, you can qualify at any time during the week, you can send me a message when you wish to qualify. I'll also have rooms up at a couple times during the week.

That's okay with me

Dont know if im racing tomorrow night going karting dont know what time i will be back to is that okay?

I will also be unable to make the race. I may be going to the local dirt track for the race that got canceled last week, but I won't find out until the last minute. If someone can host, go ahead and do some practice races. We'll race tomorrow at the regular time.

LancerEvo7
Qualifying room will be up momentarily in my lounge.

Be there in a tic

I'm sorry I have to announce my withdrawal from this series The reason is no enough people will join the series good luck in the future.

Last edited:
Unless there's 3 or 4 people that want to race, I won't even bother opening a room.

I want to race. I'm sorry about not being on this morning, I didn't wake up until 12:00.

Room will be up momentarily. Car offer stands for any series outsider who comes to the race. If you do, add GTP_LancerEvo7.

Tonight at 6 pm, My lounge will open for a tribute to Dan Wheldon. I have sent PMs to all series participants, however, all are welcome to attend. All drivers are asked to use the number 77 on their car.

LancerEvo7
Tonight at 6 pm, My lounge will open for a tribute to Dan Wheldon. I have sent PMs to all series participants, however, all are welcome to attend. All drivers are asked to use the number 77 on their car.

Can you organise again I was very tired cheers.

I would like to begin testing for season 2. The series is now under the umbrella of GTMSA, the oldest sanctioning body on GTP.

For the second season, we will be using the Private Lounge System (Clicky). If it proves successful, all GTMSA series will use this format.

Anyone who is interested should add GTMSA_GolfCup on PSN and build a car for the series. There won't be any major changes to regulations for Season 2.

What is the approximate start time for this series? Also have you thought of adding the RM civic? These two cars seem pretty equal and it could be fun mixing things up a bit.

It'll probably be around 4 pm EST on Saturdays, like Season 1. As for adding the Civic, There's ITCC. I won't do that with this series because of the difference in tire wear.

Hey Lamcer i would join if there would be more people join the series when will the season start?

Back