Body Styles:
2-door coupe, 2-door convertible
Engine: 1.1L Fiat I4
Power: 50-55 hp
Torque: 54 lb-ft
Weight: 770-825 kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engined, rear wheel drive
Additional Information: Designed by Pinin Farina and presented at the 1947 Paris Motor Show, the Cisitalia 202 Grand Sport Coupe was developed with a very modern, all enveloping body with integrated fenders and became a post-war trendsetter for future GT sports cars. Total production for the Sport Convertible was a mere 17, while 153 examples of the Sport Coupe were produced.​

dscn7649.jpg
1947-cisitalia-202-by-pininfarina.jpg

20038851745_2d87a2d051_b.jpg
1947-Cisitalia-RR-above-INTERIOR.jpg

Cisitalia-202-SC-Cabriolet-1947-Photo-05-800x600.jpg

Cisitalia_202_1947-1952_(1948_1090ccm_Pininfarina_convertible_2d)_(01)_-IN1-.jpg

Absolutely beautiful, but could do with more power, and maybe some wider wheels to fill out those wheel wells. Meh.

Last edited:
It looks like the perfect blend of British and Italian designs.

I could only give it a cool though as it seems like the type of car you only see at concourse events.

I think that having a revolutionary design does outweigh any possibility of the average passer-by not being able to tell what it is beyond 'a pretty little classic'. Even though it isn't really as drop dead gorgeous compared to later Pininfarina designs.

Low Sub Zero.

Last edited:
I understand that this car has a revolutionary design but, that front grille is hideous imo also, I think it could've done with a touch more power when it left the factory. I voted uncool more because of the grille than the power issue though.

Last edited:
It looks like a car I'd want to drive in a traffic jam because it simply won't move much faster out of it. Don't get me wrong, car's beautiful, but I wouldn't want to own it to just look at it.

Verdict: Cool.

I was about to give it a sub-zero based on looks alone, scrolled down to the specs and realised it has a mere 55hp at best. Demoted to a Meh.

Perfect combination of beauty and economy of design. Nothing wrong with it looking a little swifter than it is when it looks that good, see the Alfa Giulietta Sprint Speciale or VW Karmann Ghia for example, although when it's that light it shouldn't be a slow car by any means. Easy SZ.

Lack of power in a car like this is pretty irrelevant. Would have been a nice car to drive along a Riviera harbourfront back in the day, but now it's mainly one of those concourse queens, plus Joe Public would have no idea what it is until you explain it which isn't cool.

Only Meh because it looks good.

Ah yes, because horsepower makes a car cool. That logic would have sent the Devel Sixteen straight to Mcqueen's garage.
Funnily enough, the 166 made twice the power but required nearly twice the displacement (1995cc) and three times the cylinder count (V12). That said...it's hard not to prefer the 166. :P

1950-Ferrari-166-MM-Barchetta-17.jpg

Sub Zero for the first additional picture. The rest look fairly dorky - very nearly voted uncool because of them.

Just because it doesn't have much power, doesn't mean it's uncool. Think, this was a 40's/50's car, you'd think they would be super fast? No! Ofcourse not! Sure a few other cars were fast but, it was still early.

And made by Pininfarina, While wasn't officially made by Ferrari, I would count this as one. The design for it is smooth, beautiful. I would be jealous if I saw somebody drive this in the street.

S-Z.

Back