GTP Cool Wall: 1953-1955 IAME Justicialista Gran Sport

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wiegert
  • 23 comments
  • 3,566 views

1953-1955 IAME Justicialista Gran Sport


  • Total voters
    76
  • Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
Messages
13,409
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
1953-1955 IAME Justicialista Gran Sport nominated by @Time_Cop

2vw7ojr.jpg


Body Style: 2-door coupe
Engine: 1.5L Porsche flat-4
Power: 55 hp
Torque: 78 ft-lbs
Weight: 750 kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engined, rear-wheel drive
Additional Information: The Grand Sport was the top ranging model of the Justicialista line of cars produced by the government of Argentina through its IAME (Industrias Aeronáuticas y Mecánicas del Estado) from 1953 to 1955 as an early attempt to form an Argentine automotive industry.​

file.php

file.php

a6edcef773a2bbb6754bb2a61845d5cc.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

file.jpg
 
That certainly doesn't look like a car someone built in his garage in the late 50s
 
It looks interesting if nothing else. Does look like it's a bit "mad" though.

Cool.
 
Quirky styling, but not in a good way. The name doesn't do it any favors either, makes it sound like a superhero car ("Here comes...EL JUSTICIALISTA JUSTICIERO DE LA JUSTICIA!"), but considering it's looks and performance it rather is the dumb and clumsy sidekick that never helps with anything. Oh, and "Gran Sport" with a measly 55hp? Por favor, che...
 
Well with 55hp, that was pretty much par for the course around this time in history wasn't it? It's got a Porsche engine from the 1950s that was most likely used in the Porsche 356. It's a little over half the horsepower that my small econobox churns out, but this car predates it by just about fifty years.
 
I think pretty much all 50s oddballs are at least Cool.
 
It's so weird I got confused. I'll settle at a meh.
 
Looks like a Kharmann Ghia and a Studebaker had a kid. Not the good kind of kid.
 
Hideous. Uncool.

Extra uncool because people will vote it cool just because it's old.
 
Gave it a Meh. Would have been Uncool if it weighed more than that 750kg.
 
Last edited:
It's trying to go two directions at once but I like both directions lol.

meh
 
I don't usually like this vintage of vehicles but something about it I like. It could use a different paint job, but that's not a big deal.

Cool.
 
I have to give it a cool because it looks like a Karmann Ghia from the back, and the nose is just so out there.
 
As much Argentina is still our rival country, this is one classy piece of machinery.

I gotta respect that somehow.
 
Cool for its quirky 50's madness. Not my cup of tea though.
 
An almost aquatic front-end like the Daimler SP250, except you'd find this munter about 5 miles further down in the abyss. Overall about as generic/ugly as you could get 60 years ago.

Uncool.
 
Goes to prove old cars are not always better.

Uncool.
 
Back