Power: 185 hp
Torque: 258 lb-ft
Weight: 1497 kg
Transmission: 3-speed manual, 3-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear wheel drive​
upload_2015-10-22_0-4-19.png

upload_2015-10-22_0-4-40.png

upload_2015-10-22_0-5-3.png

Not my favorite Studebaker, and frankly, not my favorite Studebaker front end for cars that use that particular body shell, but still a very solid Cool (and a very solid car).

I love these cars. But they are ghastly. Cool, but just.

Nice lines, but the colours on the cars in the provided pictures... :ill::ill::ill:

Low cool.

Chintzy, but still a nice overall design and shape. The awful colours of the cars posted above do it no favours. Low cool.

I love Studebakers and love the 2 tone color schemes that were popular on cars in the 50's.

S-Z.

I give it cool, it gives off a strong British roadster vibe, without being so claustrophobic.

A nice front end for an older car, it just needs to lose the 50's headlights. Not really familiar with it, but it seems nice enough for a cool. My main concern is that it might be a little underpowered.

A nice front end for an older car, it just needs to lose the 50's headlights. Not really familiar with it, but it seems nice enough for a cool. My main concern is that it might be a little underpowered.

1950's headlights on a car from 1955? Surely not. :rolleyes:

1950's headlights on a car from 1955? Surely not.
No mystery that they're there, but they still don't look good and aren't that great functionally.

185hp is about average for the time. Pretty close to what the V8s in the T-Bird and Corvette were making in 1955.
Yes, though even if historically competitive, i find that you also need to pay attention to power/weight in absolute terms. That said, older, smaller, less grippy tires may help make it feel faster.

Back