Engines:
5.0L V12
Power: 502 hp
Torque: 386 lb-ft.
Weight: 1040 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear wheel drive
Racing Class: P 5.0
Additional Info: "Never raced, only one made, owners declined a £7 million bid in 1996."​
1966-jaguar-xj13-7.jpg

1966-jaguar-XJ13-rear-three-quarters.jpg

Jaguar_XJ13_-_Flickr_-_exfordy_(1).jpg

Jaguar_XJ13_-_Flickr_-_exfordy_(4).jpg

66_Jaguar-XJ13-Protot-DV-10-PBC_016.jpg

Since it has never raced, and it has a registration, does this qualify as a racecar?

It's not SUBRC because look at it, unless you're a car fan (Uncool people), you're not gonna know it's a racecar

SUBRC. Seriously uncool because never raced. Seriously uncool because might as well be made of cheese.

Well, it's a good thing I never followed the stupid SUBRC stuff.

SZ. One of the prettiest Jags ever made.

SUBRC. Seriously uncool because never raced. Seriously uncool because might as well be made of cheese.
Worse than being a race car that never raced, it was a race car concept that was not only never raced but utterly obsolete by the time it was built. And while it may be listed as a 1966 car, it's actually from 1972 - the XJ13 was written off in a high speed crash at MIRA and it was rebuilt into a subtly different car.

And it isn't road legal and has never been registered for the road. It lives in a museum.

So a museum piece, replica, concept, racing car that never raced because it was obsolete by the time it was built.

Race cars do not follow the "automatic Seriously Uncool" trope, in my opinion.

However, race cars that never raced follow that trope. Not only that, but you can only find one in a museum.

This one hurts me to say it, with all it's excellence and beauty, but it's seriously uncool.

Race car that never... raced. I don't find it all that pretty either, looks odd from some angles.

Meh.

Prototype which has hardly ever turned a wheel. Ever.

Seriously Uncool

Never been raced, never been registerd, only one and only to viewed in a museum or special shows, SU.

But its beautiful looking car.

Sub-Zero

If a limited run of say 20 to 50 were made, priced at Million Pounds, you'd want one!
You'd feel like the coolest dude in the world cruising about in one of these.
I'm struggling to think of a seriously expensive car that would make you feel cooler!

Yes it's beautiful, yes there's a great story around it, but it's a race car that never raced and now sits in a museum.

May as well be a sculpture.

SU

Sub-Zero

If a limited run of say 20 to 50 were made, priced at Million Pounds, you'd want one!
You'd feel like the coolest dude in the world cruising about in one of these.
I'm struggling to think of a seriously expensive car that would make you feel cooler!
You can buy replicas.

Tempero made 8, TWR Replicas (not TWR, TWR Replicas - different company despite the Jaaaag connection) is up to 30, there's 8 Proteus P90s (one of which is in the first post here...), 8 Wingfields, there's the Vicarage and Racing Green cars...

The major difference between most of the replicas and the "real" thing (which, lest we forget, is also a replica) is the engine. Jaguar apparently only made 7 of the DOHC units in 1964 (when the first car was actually completed) and they're not sharing.

Back