• Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
1978-1993 Saab 900 nominated by @Legro

05.jpg

Body Styles:
2-door convertible, 2-door saloon, 3-door hatchback, 4-door saloon, 5-door hatchback
Engines: 2.0L I4, 2.1L I4
Power: 99-175 hp
Torque: 120-201 lb-ft
Weight: 1150-1340 kg
Transmissions: 4-speed manual, 5-speed manual, 3-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front wheel drive​

Saab_900_sedan.jpg
1985-SAAB900CD-front.jpg
saab-900-convertible.jpg
DSC_0084.jpg
1993-Saab-900-Turbo-Rear.jpg
DSC_1850.jpg
saab-900-interior-2.jpg

Agreed. Nothing really excites me about Saabs, but this one's at least conservative enough for me to go "eh", whereas most of the other Saabs are just "no".

Meh.

I like these, a lot. For some Saab are 'eh', for me Saab's have an exciting factor. The turbo-charged version of the 900 ia awsome. Unfourtunately they aren't cool, I can't think of anything that might look cool in this.

I've sat in one of these a couple times (both ones towards the end when they started leaving the factory fully loaded, FWIW; and both owned by college professors hilariously), and they just don't feel like cars that came from the late 1970s. And from what I can tell in pictures, it doesn't look like they ever really did much to change the inside either (other than the "everything is now covered in leather" thing). Never had any wheel time, though.

It's an ugly car that's popular among college professors. Add onto that the cult following it has among the jalopnik crowd and it ends up...

...Seriously Uncool

Without a doubt the coolest production convertible to come out of Sweden (well, Finland technically).

Pre-facelifts have charm depending on the body style, but lack the polish and sharpness of the '87-'93 models. Low cool.

Solid to upper Cool from me. There's little to call between this and the 99 really, was more of a revision and I like them all, particularly the turbo models. Can remember disliking them back in the day, thought the styling was too weird and preferred the later 9000, but they've grown on me a lot since.

The people I've seen and known that owned these Saab's, have made them permanently uncool for me.

Now getting to the point where I'll give it a second glance as they're becoming a rarer sight. But that's about it. Meh.

Getting cooler as the years go by, but as others have pointed out the 99 and V4 are both SZ.

Cool.

Back