• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey, USA
1980-1982 Nissan Fairlady Z Turbo nominated by @All Your Base

Body Style: 2-door coupe
Engine: 2.8L turbocharged I6
Power: 180 HP (US), 200 HP (Europe)
Torque: 202 lb-ft (US), 232 lb-ft (Europe)
Weight: 1350kg
Transmission: 3-speed automatic, 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: front-engine, rear-wheel drive
Additional Information: The Nissan 280ZX Turbo with the L28ET was introduced to the US export market for the 1981 model year (it was never sold in Japan due to laws restricting the use of turbocharged engines above 2 liters). The 280ZX Turbo featured a revised rear suspension which helped improve handling from the naturally aspirated 280ZX. At the time, the 280ZX Turbo was the fastest Japanese import to be sold in the US. In 1983, the 280ZX Turbo was introduced in Germany, where it was also the fastest Japanese import to be sold there. With a 0-60 time of 7.1 seconds, the 280ZX Turbo accelerated faster than the Ferrari 308 GTSi (7.3 seconds) and the Aston Martin V8 Volante (7.8 seconds).

The S130 is certainly one of the most forgotten-about iterations of the Nissan Z, but also not the prettiest. Still a cool in my book.

Who doesn't love a good Z? Maybe I'm biased by having worked on restoring one for the past 5 years (Although one nearly 10 years older than this), but pretty much any Z gets at least a cool. The 350z might be the exception, since it looks very '00s-y, but I don't dislike them.

@GranTurNismo As this car was never sold in Japan (the only place to my knowledge where the Z was sold as the Fairlady Z), the name of the car in both the thread and poll titles should be “1981-1983 Datsun 280ZX Turbo”.

Anyways, Sub Zero. This was the first Japanese car that proved that their sports cars could match the best of America and Italy in performance, plus it has that stylish look to back it up.

Sub Zero. I drove my brother's '81 Z(NA) for about a week. The turbo would have to be even more fun.

Well, I quite like it, but it's not as cool as a 240Z or something similar so I'll give it a low cool.

Back