Engines:
6.0L V12 (Jaguar)
Power: 450 hp
Torque: 420 lb-ft.
Weight: 1050-1062 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "This supercar has the distinction of being the first car in the world to have its body and chassis formed purely from carbon fiber and kevlar. Borrowing mechanically from the Le Mans winning XJR-9, this car had its own short-lived racing series, and also served as the basis for the Nissan R390. 53 of these cars were produced, and it was the predecessor to the XJ220."​
1235725.jpg

jaguar-xjr-2.jpg

JAGUAR-XJR-15-sports-cars-23765218-800-402.jpg

jaguar_xjr154_manu_03.jpg

Based off, and formed the basis of, two awesome racing cars. Brilliant one-make car. Raw, big, RWD. I feel very lucky to have seen one of these out in the wild.

Sub Zero.

One of the main reasons cars like the XJ220 and Mclaren F1 exist. SZ

I never knew they made that many! I thought the thing was just like a prototype/show car or something.

Also very cool.

Was just reading Wiki and apparently there was an even more limited, more powerful "LM" edition, never knew that. Still a pretty unique and fine looking supercar, and very very quick for a 25 year-old car. SZ.

It's so 90's it hurts. All it would need would be 3/4 spoke wheels to make it perfect. Seriously Uncool.

"It's '90s as 🤬!" is very rarely used as a compliment, case and point. It's odd looking, although I personally like it, and it will attract all the negative attention your typical Lambro or Purrari will. It just has nothing of any interest to the regular bystander, much less if you're trying to impress her.

Seriously Uncool, although by Jeebus I'd love to drive one.

On TVTropes' trope 'Cool Car', this is the second mention in the 'real life' section before the E-Type.
I don't think it's right here though. Meh.

The XJ220 is far sexier than this car but it's still cool nevertheless

I disagree, that this has a Jaguar V12 as opposed to the Rover V8 based V6 from a Metro rally car makes the XJR 15 much cooler.

Voted cool.

Incredibly rare, fast, proper Motorsports pedigree, very pretty 'in the flesh', and from what I've read, fantastic to drive.

I'd love one.

Still uncool.

Saw one in the the paddock of Oulton Park 2 years ago, its an absolutely beautiful machine in the flesh and easily one of my favourite supercars from the 1990's.

Sub Zero.

Collector item more likely to sit in a fine layer of dust than road-going grime.

Uncool.

Looks like a kitcar built in a shed.

Plus nobody would believe its a Jag, even if you told them.

Uc.

Back