GTP Cool Wall: 1992-2003 Ferrari 456 (M)

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 24 comments

1992-2003 Ferrari 456 (M)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
1992-2003 Ferrari 456 (M) nominated by @MrWaflz55

ferrari_456_m_gt_1998_-_2003_1-jpg.656009

Body Style: 2-door 2+2 coupé
Engine: 5.5L Tipo F116 V12
Power: 436 hp
Torque: 406 lb-ft
Weight: 1690 kg
Transmission: 6-speed gated manual, 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear-wheel drive
Additional Information:
The Ferrari 456 was designed to be Ferrari's more refined GT option compared to the F355 and 360. Production began in 1993, and after a series of refinements continued on through 2003 with the introduction of the 456M. The 456 was less hardcore than the 550 Maranello and 575M, featuring rounder styling and two additional seats in the cabin. Yes, this Ferrari is the 90's equivalent to the GTC4, featuring two more seats the every other Ferrari in it's range. For practicality, this was the most practical Ferrari of the lot in it's day. Although the 456 shares its engine with the 550 and 575, this version of the F116 is significantly de-tuned compared to those versions.

Once production ended in 2003, the 456M was succeeded by the 612 Scaglietti, followed later by the FF and GTC4 Lusso. The 456 was the car which set the trend of four-seater GT Ferrari sports cars for nearly two decades and counting.​

114711_210807_07-fer.jpg

ferrari-456-petrolicious-3-png.656007

2000-ferrari-456-jpg.656011

used-1995-ferrari-456-gt-8431-15792622-62-1024.jpg

1992-ferrari-456-gt-2.jpg

ferrari-456-gt-456m-gta-xp1190116scb.jpg

It's the best looking modern Ferrari by a country mile. But is it cool? I don't know. It's too understated to be interesting to non-car people which doesn't make it cool, but it's a 4 seater Ferrari with a V12, which is cool.

I really like the 355, and I also really like the 550.

This model that looks like both of those cars had a baby? Doesn't really work, in my opinion.

Uncool.

I was mulling over this one for quite a while because on the one hand, it's one of the last genuinely good looking Ferrari's along with the F355, and it's a big V12 2+2 Sports coupe. But also, it's not especially spectacular or interesting in any area to be honest, and just because it's a Ferrari doesn't mean it has instant righteousness to be cool.

Though in the end, given it's by far one of the last pretty Ferrari's, it sort of settles at a "high" Meh, if that such a thing can exist :lol:.

One of the last properly pretty Ferraris. These are still genuinely desirable, and are already a classic GT car. It's a low SZ from me; at the moment they're a high cool but they get cooler every time Ferrari introduces a car that isn't MT, NA, RWD, or classically pretty. The last time I saw one of these on the road, even my mum was fairly awed, and she's not impressed with anything mid-engined. On looks alone these are already a classic.

Cool because it's not the Ferrari that you show off to people on how rich and douche you're.

Sorry, but I'd rather have a 550 or 612 instead of this. I don't have any strong feelings towards this car but it's a forgotten Ferrari that I've never really liked. Uncool.

I've never liked this design, so uncool it is. Not seriously so, since it is one of the only modern Ferraris that isn't extravagantly showy.

For a Ferrari, on the cusp of old enough/discrete enough to be cool.

It's a Ferrari. Not quite old enough to be a true classic, but its a front engined V12. This is enough to drag it up to a low uncool. As long as it doesn't have shields and isn't in Rosso Corsa or Giallo FLY, it raises it to meh.

Probably the only modern-ish Ferrari you could say is classy rather then exotic, either way a front engine V12 with a gated Manual can't be uncool.

Cool

Although the 550 is SZ, this still manages to get in a cool. Very nice looking, understated car.

Pretty much every '90s era Ferrari gets a very solid Cool from me, if only because they're from an era where Ferraris were still meant to be driven and enjoyed, not seen as technology-stuffed art pieces that get squirreled away by billionaire collectors.

Plus, when the car's lights are up it totally has a stoner face going on, and that amuses me greatly.

Back