1993-1998 Subaru Legacy nominated by @GranTurismo916

Subaru-Legacy-White-5285-004.jpg

Body Styles: 4-door sedan, 5-door wagon
Engines:

2.0L SOHC H4 (Subaru EJ20E)
2.0L DOHC H4 (Subaru EJ20D)
2.2L SOHC H4 (Subaru EJ221)
2.5L DOHC H4 (Subaru EJ25D)
2.0L DOHC Twin Turbo H4 (Subaru EJ20R/H)
Power:
EJ20E: 135 hp
EJ20D: 150 hp
EJ221: 135 hp
EJ25D: 165 hp
EJ20R: 276 hp
Torque:
EJ20E: 135 lb-ft
EJ20D: 150 lb-ft
EJ221: 137 lb-ft
EJ25D: 165 lb-ft
EJ20R/H: Unknown
Weight: 1422 kg
Transmission: 4-speed automatic, 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front wheel drive (until '95) / Front-engine, four wheel drive ('95 and on)
Additional Info: This nomination includes all models, from the base "L" to the twin turbo "RS-B" and "GT-B".​
800px-Subaru_Legacy_30th.jpg

vbpgimage.php

2nd_Subaru_Legacy_2.5GT.jpg

subaru-legacy-wagon-07.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

800px-GTB-Limited.JPG

2nd_Subaru_Legacy_wagon.jpg

38724514002_original.jpg

I've always liked them. Handsome, in that simple 90's Japanese way.

But, they're cool to car folk and car folk alone. To the average person, this is a nondescript transportation module.

Sadly, that means Uncool for it.

Nothing cool about it. SU.

And the white wagon in the additional pics has a flat tire. lol

Let's face it, about none of the Legacies you're going to see in real life are the twin turbo ones, but the old Japanese Volvo ones.

Not a car I'd notice if it was parked in the high street, but one I would notice if I went to someone's house and it was parked outside.

Forever my favourite generation. Inherently better looking than the first gen Impreza with a more reputable range-topper.

Uncool when taking the entire model selection into account. The bland outweighs the interesting.

The twin-turbo model is cool, for it's good looks and performace. But the rest of the second-gen Legacies are just bland, average 90's sedans.

Uncool.

It's basically a meh vote to me, the normal models are the only ones I'll ever see and while I think the performance models are neat, a bunch of average joes probably won't care. The styling is fine though, but I also think the generation after this looked better.

Second favourite Legacy behind the third generation. Best performance car you could buy for under $4500 over here. Most you'll find are the four speed automatic as the five speed manual is slightly rare, which doesn't effect coolness but is a tad of a shame, especially considering how dreadful the 30+ year old automatic is.

The base models, comparing them to the rivals, they're a great looker. Bland, but not necessarily uncool. GT-B and RS-B models are sedated and restrained but paired with the spoiler, 17" wheels and lip, they look great, bar the GT-B Limited which I can't stand the bumper.

Meh for the GT-B, meh for the beige models... balances out to a meh, then.

Let's face it, about none of the Legacies you're going to see in real life are the twin turbo ones, but the old Japanese Volvo ones.

Depending on which house you look at. ;)

My L has been a cut above any other '90s sedan I've driven, and a stout working vehicle that eats up snow-covered rutted driveways and muddy farmyards as well as its non-Outback suspension manages the blind curves of the valley roads between. It only does everything -- an economy car with space to haul things and/or a five-foot-long dog, that crawls over anything its tires and undercarriage can clear while being fun to drive. Yeah, I'm a believer in the Subaru wagon.

A normal Legacy might be a very low cool, but with the GT and B models it's a very solid Cool.

100_2366.jpg

Oh lawdy, I'm getting the vapours. Too bad the big six didn't show up until the next one.

inb4 "Outbacks don't count as Legacys"

Maybe a little boring, but is a handsome if understated car. Still really mostly a commuting car though. Meh.

Back