Torque: 687 lb-ft
Weight: 800 kg
Transmission: 6-speed sequential manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, 4WD
suzuki_escudo_hill_climb.jpg

d6de61af08e5b198edc2faedd45465de.jpg
1996_Suzuki_EscudoPikesPeak1.jpg

Last edited:
Finding additional pictures for this one was hard, since nearly everything I got back from Google was either a grainy '90s pic or a GT screenshot.

Anyway, this thing is awesome. SZ for that hp number alone, I had no idea it was that high. No wonder this dominated in the old GT games. Oh, and it looks cool too.

Something something Excuso cheater car you're not a real GT2 player if you use this.

With that out of the way, you don't see incredibly specialized fits of madness like this very often, and even less so nowadays. The mid-late '90s was a time when motorsports were very important to car companies, particularly Japanese ones, and they were willing to go to some pretty extreme lengths like this to claim glory wherever they could.

Also, the 1998 version is even more ridiculous as it has two engines, one for each axle.

Sub-Zero for being utterly insane, and becoming even more insane as time goes on.

Let's see... a company more famous for Kei cars and their motorcycles, and some okay non-Kei cars. Then... this same company builds a beast of a hillclimb car with its twin engines driven by one of my all-time favorite racing personalities- Nobuhiro "The Monster" Tajima. Well, there was the Cultus Pikes Peak, but we're discussing the Escudo Pikes Peak. Oh, and a handful of races won in Gran Turismo 2 and after by myself and others. This one's easy for me- Sub-Zero. Anything south of Sub-Zero for this would be disrespect to me.

Uncool:
I hated this 'car' with a passion in GT2, especially when my 'friends' always picked this 'car' when they're unable to beat me.

A non street-legal passion project without a homologation equivalent, pass.

Something that I always thought was funny about this car is that the font of the 6 on the rear wing sort of matches up with the font of Gran Turismo 6's number. It's a bit of a stretch but it was close enough for me to take the GT6 disc out and check the car in GT5 just to make sure they didn't change it between games or something.

But yeah, this thing is crazy. I don't normally vote on race cars, but this is simply too loud to ignore giving a SZ. It's so iconic it's in the google search bar near the top when typing in Suzuki Escudo, and those results don't typically show race cars.

Last edited:
Back