• Poll closed .
United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
2004-2010 Citroen C4 nominated by @mustafur
View attachment 281985

Engines:
1.4L I4 (ET3), 1.6L I4 (TU5), 2.0L I4 (EW10), 1.6L Diesel I4 (DV6 HDi), 2.0L Diesel I4 (DW10 HDi)
Power: 88-177 hp
Torque: 98-251 lb-ft.
Weight: 1050-1294 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual, 4-speed automatic, 6-speed semi-automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, front wheel drive
Body Styles: 5-door hatchback, 3-door coupe
Additional Info: "Was one of the first cars to come with a Lane Departure warning system, which would activate when the driver left the lanes on the road, and would vibrate the seat. It also came with a Fixed Steering Wheel Hub, where the centre of the wheel is fixed allowing the driver to operate functions on the steering wheel without moving his or her hands while driving. It also allowed for the airbag to be spread across a much larger area than a conventional setup which increases safety. It also was the first non luxury car to offer a full size panoramic glass roof."​
1280px-Citroen_C4_Coup%C3%A9%2BLimousine.jpg

18724.jpg

citroen-c4-2004_.jpg

CITROENC4Coupe-119_4.jpg

Citro%C3%ABn_C4_Coup%C3%A9_front_20091003.jpg

View attachment 281981
View attachment 281982
View attachment 281983 View attachment 281984

The C4 is one of those cars that have been overshadowed by far better sibling cars (i.e. DS5), it is a competent road car, but all I really remember from it is the quirky steering wheel, Loeb taking it to rallies, and the fact that (in TV) it could turn into a Transformer. Typically French, but not really enough of a stand-out to stay away from "meh" land.

The only cool thing on this is the steering wheel.

Uncool. Close to seriously.

Love this car, when this car came out it made everything look like it was from the 80s, My Mum bought one new on release and I couldn't stop looking at it, a few years ago I bought my own but unfortunetly had to sell to prepare for GT Academy.

Plus it Got Citroen back into qwirky cars after making dull rubbish in the Xsara and Xantia.

In Australia it's Super Rare too so I guess that ads to it's Appeal but for me this is a High Cool car.

Depends on the body style. The 3-door one isn't very dull looking car, unlike some other hatchbacks from the era it looks different enough to stand out of the line of 5-door versions of the same car and in my opinion has aged well enough to still look fairly modern. The 5-door one is nowhere near as good, it looks like an enlarged C3, which isn't a cool car, with a bit of Focus in it. In general it's just a dull hatchback and when you notice that, you start to notice its problems, including the dials being hard to see, especially when the sun shines from the correct angle, and the build quality could have been better.

I think these are really nice looking cars, a little different from the generally bland offerings everyone else was churning out a few years ago.

Unfortunately, they are still a little too associated with the car of choice of pensioners at the moment. Maybe in 20 years time it's coolness might creep up, but at the moment it's just not cool.

Shame they managed to make it less cool when they made the Loeb special edition. It wasn't any faster or better handling than a normal VTS.

image.jpg

Shame that only the five door seemed to sell in any number, but I suppose that rareness helps the 3 door in the cool stakes. I think it was a good looking car (even if it did look huge) just because it didn't look like every other hatch on the market. Oh and it had a completely useless but cool deatire in that the steering wheel boss stayed still and only the rim rotated.

Cool.

The 5-door is incredibly dull, but the 3-door is outstandingly cool. Plus they have one of the coolest steering wheels of all time, just like another Citroen's. The new begining of the Citroen quirky cars restarted on this and the C2.

Cool.

Both body styles have aged exceptionally well compared to other modern designs from the early/mid 00. But as it's been said a few times already, the 3-door 'coupe' is the only style that has any real air of coolness. Like a true precursor to the contemporary DS range.

Very low cool.

What made up my depiction of GTPlanet owner Jordan and my own interpretation of an evil, Star Wars influenced version.

I have to rethink my life now.

I imagine it would be best not to say that you have this car to your friend while in an airport.
"Yeah i just have this Citroen C4 and..."
"OMG THAT GUY HAS A C4(Bomb)!"

I don't understand the hate for the five door's looks. It's a gorgeous thing that's aged far better than anything else of its age.

I don't understand the hate for the five door's looks. It's a gorgeous thing that's aged far better than anything else of its age.
I think it looks better then the coupe by Miles tbh, It looks better in person though.

Looks more Modern then the Current C4, and on another Planet compared to the Dull Rubbish Peugeot 307 it's based on.

Low cool almost uncool. I rather like it and I think it's designed very well. It's not overstated nor does it need to be explained.

There is nothing about it that is bad, controversial, or remotely interesting. I fail to see how it's uncool.

Back