2-door coupe
Engine: 6.0L V12 BiTurbo M275 AMG
Power: 661 hp
Torque: 740 lb·ft
Weight: 1907 kg
Transmission: AMG Speedshift Plus 5-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear-wheel drive
Additional Information:
"The performance version of the SL 65 AMG was unveiled in Monterey in 2008. The turbochargers are 12% larger, and the optimised wastegate ducts permit increased air throughout. Intake air ducting and exhaust system are modified to improve response and reduce the exhaust gas backpressure. The Black Series is 250 kilograms (550 lb) lighter than regular SL 65 AMG by the use of light carbon fibre composites (CFRP) parts and the omission of the SL's normal foldable hardtop roof, replacing it with a fixed roof. Not only did this save weight, it also made room available for the retractable rear spoiler.

The AMG Speedshift Plus five-speed automatic transmission include "C", "S", "M1" and "M2" which has gearshift times 25 percent quicker than the "M1" mode. The Black Series front axle track width is 97 millimetres wider and the rear axle track width 85 millimetres wider over regular model. Other changes include retractable rear spoiler and the rear apron with diffuser fins, 265/35R19 front tyres with 19x9.5 inch AMG light-alloy wheels and AMG 20x11.5-inch light-alloy wheels with 325/30R20 tyres (Dunlop Sport Maxx GT tyres), 6-piston front calipers with 390x36mm discs and 4-piston calipers with 360x26mm discs."​

2009_MercedesBenz_SL65AMGBlackSeries13.jpg

sl65bottom.jpg

Screenshot-2016-03-11-21.02.29.png
12421220353_e017ed354b_b.jpg
mercedes-sl65-amg-black-series-interior-images-massimages.jpg

Meh. I actually like the GTA V version over the real one.... and only 5-speeds? Man, how rimes have changed.

I love the Black series of Benz's, but a special edition of a special edition is really uncool.

only 5-speeds?
I'm given to understand the 7G-TRONIC couldn't manage that sort of torque, which is why cars such as this and the SLR used the 5G despite their semi-exotic nature.

SU--rather a standard SL.

"It will try to kill you" - Jeremy Clarkson
I struggle to like this car. The engine from this was put into the Huarya (at least I think it was) and it's much happier there. Uncool.

The first time I saw this car was on NFSHP 2010 and I thought at first this looked good for a Merc then as time goes by and my knowledge for cars has grown, I realized that this could have been a Brabus kit for the SL65.

Uncool.

The first time I saw this car was on NFSHP 2010 and I thought at first this looked good for a Merc then as time goes by and my knowledge for cars has grown, I realized that this could have been a Brabus kit for the SL65.

Uncool.

I liked how fast it was on NFSHP.

I love the black series Mercs for how mean they are. With that said, it's seriously uncool for being really flashy with all of its vents and I understand that regular people don't like that sort of thing.

What you get when you combine an elegant coupe like an SL600 with a typical, ostentatious supercar.

Why do most black series end up being a cross between either a dtm and a road car or a gt3 and a road car. I gave it an uncool cause you could do this stuff with more classy body work. Everything under it seems pretty cool, the car itself seems gaudy and with each passing black series it almost seems as if Merc is giving a nod to mansory.

Back