Body Style:
4-door sedan
Engine: 5.0L 2UR-GSE naturally aspirated V8
Power: 467 hp
Torque: 389 ft-lbs
Weight: 1865 kg
Transmission: 8-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Additional Information: Lexus's GS F eschews following it's turbocharged German rivals by adopting the same naturally aspirated V8 as seen in the RC F coupe. The GS F aims for a more exciting driving experience provided by natural aspiration than the sledgehammer power and performance of it's turbocharged E63, M5 and RS6 rivals.
2016_lexus_gs_f_003.jpg
2016-lexus-gs-f-right-side-1500x1000.jpg
Autoweb-2016-March-First-Drive-2016-Lexus-GS-F-003.jpg
Lexus-GS-F-clarkson-31.png

Saying I love Lexii nowadays is like coming out of some sort of car enthusiast closet.
It looks so sharp and sleek in that dark blue with the black accents, and the interior looks like it was lifted straight from an LFA. Easily better than an M5 or RS6.

SZ

The GS F aims for a more exciting driving experience provided by natural aspiration than the sledgehammer power and performance of it's turbocharged E63, M5 and RS6 rivals.
The thing is, the GS F is priced competitively with and has closer performance to the E43 and S6, rather than the E63 and RS6. The car looks a lot more appealing when compared to it's natural rivals (leading performance, NA V8 vs turbos), rather than the class above.

Last edited:
I have to say that this is cooler than the equivalent RS, M, and AMG vehicles, but not by much.

I don't understand how it's more "cool" than the German brands. Because they're German? I mean the Japanese equivalent only imitates them, and tries to be different. It's not cool, because it doesn't bring anything different it's just another exec sport sedan that happens to hail from Japan. If coming from a different region is cool, then Cadillac's version is massively cool, and we know that isn't true.

I would take this over an ATS-V, CTS-V, and a Chrysler 300 SRT8. That's not saying much at all.

I like that it isn't going for sheer power like it's "contemporaries" and it seems to focus on being more characterful rather than being mind-bendingly fast.

A solid Cool in my book.

I like that it isn't going for sheer power like it's "contemporaries" and it seems to focus on being more characterful rather than being mind-bendingly fast.

A solid Cool in my book.

I'd consider it cool as well for that. Considering that journalists love it for not being turbocharged like the competitors. Sure it's not as fast or powerful, but a N/A V8 is something that people will miss about performance luxury sedans. Also, I'm perfectly okay with the shouty colors of the GS-F. At first I didn't like the orange, but it's something different and it's better looking than say BMW's Austin Yellow.

Hard to judge. Not sure Lexus is really a cool brand, but the GS F does look great on the road, aided by rarity, and has that ever so slightly menacing appearance that lets you know it's not just a bog-standard luxury car. Makes a great noise too, so it's a narrow cool.

Not related to how cool it is, but these do drive brilliantly too, and the cabin feels fantastic.

I know a lot of you guys own and love a number of different Lexus models, but I just don't get the brand or the cars. Perhaps it's because most of the members here who own them are in the States and there's a different perception of them there, I'm not sure.

And this model is no exception. Just don't get it and definitely don't think it's cool.

However, up until recently I lived next door to an old guy who had a showroom condition '89 LS400, metallic plum with gold badges and trim, which he was forever cleaning and polishing and is absolutely stunning. I think that's cool, but only because most cars from that era in that condition are. There's an absolute gem available when he sells that.

The GS F? No. Uncool.

Props to Lexus for keeping with an NA engine but this just doesn't present a good case for itself against it's turbocharged German rivals. Plus it's just as forgettable as most Lexus models are.

Meh.

They chose to sacrifice outright performance for tradition and an experience you can't get elsewhere. That's a solid cool in my book.

Maybe not the best looking, but I do like a good super sedan. Cool.

Back