Premium
United States
Sturgis, MI
GTP_ty00123
Subaru Impreza WRX STi CS400 Cosworth

irvine-impreza-sti-01.JPG

Numbers Built: 70
Engine: 2.5L Cosworth-tuned flat-4 turbo
Configuration: Front-engine, symmetrical all-wheel-drive w/variable torque split
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Power: 395hp/294kW @ 5,750rpm
Torque: 400lb-ft/542Nm @ --rpm
0-60: 3.7 seconds
1/4 mile: 12.75sec @ 107mph
Top Speed: 155mph (electronically limited)

Price: ~£50,000 (~US$80,090)​

Uncool,the fact it's part Cossie doesn't make up for the fact it's a supped up third gen Impreza, which is basically just another compact now that Subaru is out of WRC.

Subaru Impreza
Uh-oh.

alphabetty spaghetti some numbers

Coffin. Nail in.

Pretty much. I like that it's powered by Cosworth. I like the specs.

I don't find anything else about it appealing at all. If I'm going to pay 80 gra-wait no. I wouldn't pay 80 grand for what is effectively a hot econobox. You could easily get the same results from this and a few grand more of work. Yes, you'd look like even more of a tosser, but you wouldn't be paying through the nose to do so.

(And yes I realize I'm in the US and referring to a UK market Impreza; they're all trashed, expensive, and non-turbo here until you hit the bugeye generation, in which case they're still the first two)

There are no cool Japanese cars. The closest you can get is probably the 240Z and 2000GT, but the problem is one day some one will ask you what you drive, and you'll say oh a 240Z, they'll ask who makes it and you'll reply, erm, nissan.

In fact this car is double uncool. It's obviously Japanese, but it's also tuned and the only people who think tuned cars are cool are the McDonalds car park crowd and cruising scene.

Seriously uncool. Any car that plays a part on F&F movie series is seriously uncool. Unless it's one of those impossible-to-be-uncool cars, like the Chevelle.

Take the body, make it like toe 2008 WRC, give it the same WRC decals, plop it onto a bodyless Subaru WRC 2008, then it might be good :lol:

I nominated this, and originally thought it was cool. It's been downgraded to a "Meh" because of the fact that the Ford Focus RS500 exists and then down to Uncool because Cosworth didn't fix any of the problems that plagued the hatchback STi in the first place.

Bro-tastic hopped up Eco-Box.

Uncool. Possibly Seriously Uncool.

And it is hideous and you have to explain "well, its really this turbocharged, high performance model."

It's the ugly 5-door hatch, and Mitsubishi makes an equally powerful Evo in the same market. Besides, everyone knows that the REAL Cosworths are Ford-based.

Not Mercedes...
Not Chevrolets...
and ESPECIALLY not Subarus.

Fords.

Voted sub-zero, unlike most people, I quie like the hatchback compared to the sedan. The sedan, to me, just looks like the small thing it is, but buffed up, not made from scratch. Kinda like the 1M

I went for "Meh", I actually think it looks pretty cool for a modern Scoob but it's not exactly set the world on fire in reviews and that's disappointing. Promises lots, delivers little.

Its seriously uncool despite it's still lacking dynamic abilities.

The voice from GTP_DAN, my non-declared evil twin on these forums.

Yeah, after I saw the price tag I would like to reconsider. Get a GTR instead.

Seriously Uncool.

Uncool. Now that Subaru is out of the WRC (which is hard to believe; whenever I think of the WRC, the blue mica STi's are what instantly come to mind), I can't consider them being cool. It's like they lost their street-cred. Plus the price tag, yeesh! There's plenty of better alternative's for that amount.

Back