• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
North Korea
With Kim Jong Un
Nominated by @peobryant

Led Zeppelin

ce468d12fe53da2ef909091d84c32565.jpg

Years Active: 1968-1980
Band Members: Jimmy Page (Guitar), Robert Plant (Vocals, Harmonica), John Paul Jones (Bass, Mellotron, Mandolin, Organ), John "Bonzo" Bonham (Drums)
Origin: London, England
Genre: Blues Rock
Labels: Atlantic (1968-1973), Swan Song (1974-1982)
Known For: Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II, Led Zeppelin III, Led Zeppelin IV, Houses of the Holy, Physical Graffiti, Presence, In Through The Out Door, Coda​

Easily the greatest band of all time, in my opinion. Each member was a master of their craft and they did so much to revolutionize not only the music industry, but recording techniques as well. Their Royal Albert Hall appearance in 1970 is probably my favorite live concert of all time, their improvisation in How Many More Times is legendary and still one of my favorite tracks of all time.

My wife gets upset because I don't have a favorite Zeppelin song, she says I have to prefer some songs over others. The honest truth though, I love all Led Zeppelin songs equally and I don't ever skip tracks on their albums. When I'm in my car (because my truck eats tapes, unfortunately) I couldn't care less what album comes on whether it be Led Zeppelin I or In Through The Out Door, all their songs are special to me and I listen to the album in its entirety without skipping anything. I've done this ever since I was a little kid and I discovered my grandpa's record player and Led Zeppelin albums. Without Led Zeppelin there is no way I would've discovered my love for blues, jazz and funk. There is no way I would've discovered Rory Gallagher, Les Paul, Django Reinhardt, Chet Atkins, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Robert Johnson and so many other artists that I adore today.

Jimmy Page has released a 2014 remaster of Led Zeppelin I, Led Zeppelin II and Led Zeppelin III already this year. On the 27th of this month, Led Zeppelin IV and Houses of the Holy get released, I can't wait for those to show up!

Protip: Hurling insults at members for having the audacity to vote in a different manner than you is not acceptable behaviour at GTP. That the person running this "Cool Wall" sees it as necessary doesn't bode well.

I never really got into Led Zeppelin, however, you can't argue with greatness.

Cool.

(And this is kind of on topic, kind of not, do we still need the original cool wall results thread stickied? It hasn't been edited in three years. Just an observation.)

They wrote lots of great music and I can appreciate their work. I don't listen to it regularly, in fact hardly at all actually. I don't listen to them much, but Sub-Zero for one of the most important rock bands in history.

Yes they were an extremely popular band and if it wasn't for them, a lot of bands today wouldn't be the same.
Their music is great, some songs are anthems in their own right.

But I can't vote any higher than cool.

I have a good selection of songs on my iPod and if they come on, most of them are skipped.

Great iconic band, but like nearly all 'big' bands, after 3 or 4 albums they rest on their laurels and start making over-produced safe albums that their masses of hardcore fans will lap up regardless.

I think four good albums must be the limit for a bunch of musicians before they run out of fresh innovation.

Solid cool.

Back