GTP Music Cool Wall Nomination Request ThreadMusic 

North Korea
With Kim Jong Un
Welcome to the GTP Music Cool Wall V2, where everything from rap to metal to classical to pop to grunge get polled to find out whether or not they are cool.

Polling works in pretty much the same manner as the GTP Cool Wall and Alternative Cool, but whereas that only applied to cars and anything else, here we poll things which are musical artists in case that wasn’t already clear. There are five poll options voters may choose from, and they may only choose one. These are:

· Sub Zero

· Cool

· Meh

· Uncool

· Seriously Uncool

These are then added up, with a score of 2 applied to sub zero votes, 1 to cool, 0 to meh, -1 to uncool, and -2 to seriously uncool, and divided by the number of votes to extract the mean. From this the coolness of the item nominated is derived.

The GTP Music Cool Wall V2 Results Thread.

Rules:

* Only one nomination per person until your nomination has been polled. Once the nomination is given a polling thread, then you are free to make another suggestion.
* Please include all information which you want to be displayed in the poll in your nomination as well as the picture you'd liked used in the poll. Those who fail to do this will have their nominations skipped.
* Do not nominate any of the exact same items that have already been polled.
* Nominations similar to ones already polled must have a significant difference that makes them a separate entity.
* Only musical artists can be polled. If you wish to request vehicles, go to the GTP Cool Wall. If you wish to request anything else, go the the GTP Alternative Cool Wall.
* Nominations which are not considered to be notable enough to be polled will not be polled. Notability is up to curator and/or staff discretion.
* Some nominations may be excluded or postponed for other reasons at nominator and/or staff discretion.
* Only nominations made in this thread will be added to the list, please do not write on the curator’s GTP profile, PM her or e-mail suggestions.
* Get your nomination right the first time.
* Nominations will be polled in chronological order of nomination, so it's first come first served.
* Nominations, rules suggestions, and other directly connected discussion only here. Save debates for the polls. Do not discuss the nominations in this thread.
* If your nomination is skipped, I will PM you telling you why I skipped it and offer you a chance to redo it. However, please make a new post with the correct information as I am not going back to the previous incorrect post. Your nomination will also go to the bottom of the queue.
*20 noms at a time, please. I can't take too many nominations.

How it Works:

* You nominate an item and it goes into the queue, assuming you followed the rules.
* A poll will be created every day or every other day (depending on traffic) unless the curator is unavailable to do so; in which case advanced warning should be given.
* The poll will be left open for seven days allowing member to vote on the five levels of coolness.
* Polled items will be placed in one of nine sections.
* Placement on the wall will be determined by a voting formula.

Currently Polling:
50 Cent (@All Your Base)
Led Zeppelin (@peobryant)
Quad City DJ's (@Jahgee1124)
M83 (@Daniel)
Public Enemy (@Custom878)
The Strokes (@DCybertron)
The Beatles (@Turtle)

Nomination Queue:
1. Above And Beyond (@Xilor)
2. Lil' Jon (@Jahgee1124)
3. Iron Maiden (@Blood Eagle)
4. Pheonix (@GranTurismo916)
5. Blood On The Dance Floor (@All Your Base)
6. Judas Priest (@Slash)
7. Disclosure (@Katiegan)
8. Motorhead (@Furinkazen)
9. Simple Minds (@SomePlayaDude)
10. Daft Punk (@Jimlaad43)

Thanks to TheBook,Tornado,Joey D,SweetShopUnion(boiltheocean),BKGlover, White & Nerdy, and Jahgee1124 for curating the original GTP Cool Wall, as well as Roger The Horse who created the Alternative Cool Wall, ich inspired this one.
I'd be delighted if this thread got pinned, but I guess it'll have to prove its worth first.

Last edited:
Led Zeppelin

ce468d12fe53da2ef909091d84c32565.jpg

Years Active: 1968-1980
Band Members: Jimmy Page (Guitar), Robert Plant (Vocals, Harmonica), John Paul Jones (Bass, Mellotron, Mandolin, Organ), John "Bonzo" Bonham (Drums)
Origin: London, England
Genre: Blues Rock
Labels: Atlantic (1968-1973), Swan Song (1974-1982)
Known For: Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II, Led Zeppelin III, Led Zeppelin IV, Houses of the Holy, Physical Graffiti, Presence, In Through The Out Door, Coda

I'd suggest adding all the bands from the original Cool Wall to the new one. @astrosdude91 isn't very active anymore, and the Cool Wall thread is closed, so I doubt you'd be able to add to it.

My nomination, however:

M83

m83-live-coachella-video-2012.jpg

Years Active: 2011-Present
Current Members: Anthony Gonzalez, Jordan Lawlor, Loïc Maurin, Ian Young
Origin: Antibes, France
Genre: Shoegazing, Synthpop, Post-Rock
Labels: Naïve, Mute, Virgin
Known For: Midnight City, Reunion, Wait.

* Living people may not be nominated.

What does this actually mean?

* Nominations which are not considered to be notable enough to be polled will not be polled. Notability is up to curator and/or staff discretion.

Good idea, because I was going to talk about how it might be difficult when people post artists that no one really knows about as you can never judge a band off of one song, a band is so much more than that (though it does rule out 50% of the bands I like. :lol:).

Also, do you think that adding the artists from the old cool wall would be a good idea (like Daniel suggested)? It could be to save time, but it might be good to re-poll them because there's probably a lot more different people around here nowadays than 3-4 years ago.

Also, do you think that adding the artists from the old cool wall would be a good idea (like Daniel suggested)? It could be to save time, but it might be good to re-poll them because there's probably a lot more different people around here nowadays than 3-4 years ago.
If I suggest that, everyone gets upset :lol:, I think they should be removed, and if people want them repolled, then to let them nominate those acts

If I suggest that, everyone gets upset :lol:, I think they should be removed, and if people want them repolled, then to let them nominate those acts

That's because I'm amazinger than you (and shut up! Amazinger is totally a word! :P)... Only joking, the only things I'm more amazing than are wasps. :P Who serve no purpose but to be annoying, much like me. :lol: But yeah, I'd agree, repolling would probably be better.

Public Enemy
public-enemy.jpg

Years Active: 1982-Present
Genre: Hip Hop
Current Members: Chuck D, Flavor Flava, DJ Lord, Professor Griff, The S1W
Past Members: Terminator X, Sister Soulja
Known for:
Fight The Power , Don't Believe The Hype

I have a feeling that some people are gonna vote seriously uncool without even knowing who Public Enemy is. I'd suggest taking a look at their music first if you haven't already.

Last edited:
The Strokes
09323_154415_TheStrokes250705.jpg

Years Active: 1998-Present
Origin: New York City, New York, US
Genre: Garage Rock, Indie Rock
Members: Julian Casablancas (vocals), Nick Valensi (guitar), Albert Hammond, Jr. (guitar) Nikolai Fraiture (bass), Fabrizio Moretti (drums)
Known For: Reptilia (single) Last Nite (single) Is This It (album)​

Iron Maiden

2629.jpg

Years Active: 1975 - Present
Origin: England
Members: Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Steve Harris (Bass), Dave Murray (Guitar), Adrian Smith (Guitar), Janick Gers (Guitar) and Nicko McBrain (Drums)
Genre: Heavy Metal
Known For: Alot

Iron Maiden

2629.jpg

Years Active: 1975 - Present
Origin: England
Members: Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Steve Harris (Bass), Dave Murray (Guitar), Adrian Smith (Guitar), Janick Gers (Guitar) and Nicko McBrain (Drums)
Genre: Heavy Metal
Known For: Alot
These guys have already been polled.

Phoenix
phoenix-band-02.jpg

Years Active:
1999-present
Genres: Alternative rock, synthpop, new wave
Origin: Versailles, France
Labels: Glassnote, Loyauté
Members: Thomas Mars (Vocals), Deck d'Arcy (Bass, Keyboard), Laurent Brancowitz (Guitar, Keyboard), Christian Mazzalai (Guitar)
Known for: 1901, Lasso, Lisztomania​

Last edited:
Blood On The Dance Floor
bloodonthedancefloor.jpg

Years Active: 2007-present
Genres: Electronica, crunkcore, electro-pop, dancepop
Origin: Orlando, Florida, United States
Label: Dark Fantasy Records
Members: Dahvie Vanity, Jayy Von Monroe
Known For: Let's Start A Riot!, Epic, All The Rage!!, Evolution, Bad Blood, Bitchcraft
What I Think: Worst. Band. Ever. 🤬. This. Band!!!!!!​

JudasG2.jpg

Years Active:
1969-Present
Genres: Rock, Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Speed Metal, Nu-Metal, Progressive Metal
Origin: Birmingham, England
Labels: Sony, Epic, Columbia/CBS, CMC, Atlantic, Gull
Members (Most Famous Lineups): Rob Halford (Vocals), K.K. Downing (Guitars), Glenn Tipton (Guitars), Ian Hill (Bass), Dave Holland (Drums), Scott Travis (Drums, 1990-Present)
Known For: Breaking The Law, Living After Midnight, Heading Out To the Highway, Painkiller, Between the Hammer and the Anvil, You've Got Another Thing Comin', The Sentinel, Turbo Lover, Freewheel Burnin', Out in the Cold, Victim of Changes, Beyond the Realms of Death, Screaming For Vengeance, The Hellion/Electric Eye, Riding on the Wind, (Take These) Chains, Night Comes Down, Ram it Down, Eat Me Alive​

Simple Minds

x.jpg

Years Active:
1977 - Present

Genre(s): New Wave, synth pop, alternative

Origin: Glasgow, Scotland

Labels: Zoom, Chrysalis, Virgin

Best Known For: Don't You (Forget About Me), used as the credits for The Breakfast Club, a radio track in the open sandbox Saints Row 2, and also seen in The Regular Show.

Furthermore, GTA V players are treated to All The Things She Said.

SomePlayaDude's Choice(s): Sanctify Yourself, Waterfront, Alive And Kicking.

For those that expected Queen... tough luck, old bean.

Aerosmith

aerosmith13.jpg

Years Active: 1971-Present
Genres: Rock, Blues Rock
Origin: Boston, MA, USA
Labels: Sony, Columbia, Geffen
Members: Steven 'Tyler' Tallarico (Vocals), Anthony 'Joe' Perry (Guitars), Brad Whitford (Guitars), Tom Hamilton (Bass), Joey Kramer (Drums), Jimmy Crespo (Lead Guitar, 1979-1984), Rick Dufay (Guitar, 1981-1984), Ray Tabano (Guitar, 1971-1973)

Known For: Dream On, Mama Kin, Same Old Song And Dance, Sweet Emotion, Walk This Way, Back In The Saddle, Last Child, Draw The Line, Dude Looks Like A Lady, Love In An Elevator, Janies Got A Gun, Crazy, Cryin', I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, Pink, Jaded​

Simple Minds

x.jpg

Years Active:
1977 - Present

Genre(s): New Wave, synth pop, alternative

Origin: Glasgow, Scotland

Labels: Zoom, Chrysalis, Virgin

Best Known For: Don't You (Forget About Me), used as the credits for The Breakfast Club, a radio track in the open sandbox Saints Row 2, and also seen in The Regular Show.

Furthermore, GTA V players are treated to All The Things She Said.

SomePlayaDude's Choice(s): Sanctify Yourself, Waterfront, Alive And Kicking.

For those that expected Queen... tough luck, old bean.
The guy on the left in the picture looks like Nicko McBrain.

Daft Punk
1035x766-20140310-daftpunk-x1800-1394489971.jpg

Years: 1993-present
Members: Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo, Thomas Bangalter

Famous Songs: Da Funk; Around the World; One More Time; Digital Love; Harder, Better Faster Stronger; Technologic; Get Lucky

Netsky

netsky_361.jpg

Birth Name: Boris Daenen
Origin: Belgium
Genre(s): Drum 'n bass, dubstep, drumstep
Years active: 2009-present
Label: Hospital Records
Notable songs: We Can Only Live Today (Puppy), Without You, Memory Lane, Come Alive

Back