GTP V8 Supercars Round 11 - Apricot Hill ***RESULTS***

• Thread starter Stiggy
  • 17 comments
Australia
New South Wales
thestig-13
StiggyGTP
GTPlanet V8 Supercars Series Round 11 - Apricot Hill Raceway

Race Length & Information:V8 Supercars/Class 1 - 13 Laps, V8 Production/Class 2 - 6 Laps

This is a sprint round so you can choose from hard, medium & soft compound tyres. Only one set of the soft tyres is allowed.

Car Specifications:
Ford Falcon XR8 Race Car: Power - 600hp (+0) Weight - 1309kg (-3)
Chevrolet Camaro Race Car: Power - 593hp (+0) Weight - 1252kg (+8)
FPV GT: Power - 391hp (+1) Weight - 1660kg (-9)
Holden Commodore SS: Power - 390hp (+19) Weight - 1624kg (-2)

Entrants List

V8 Supercars/Class 1
5. LSX, Camaro, LSX Engineering
33. AyJay, Camaro, Garry Rogers Motorsport
38. CAMikaze, Falcon XR8, Team GTP
44. LancerEvo7GSR, Falcon XR8, East Coast Motorsports
54. viperin, Falcon XR8, Map O'Tassie
56. oldmodelt, Camaro, Vintage Motors Inc.
57. fogbound, Camaro, Vintage Motors Inc.
60. Irons, Falcon XR8, Honor Tuning Motorsport
77. C-ZETA, Falcon XR8, Corsa dell'Italia-Australia
87. oscarhardwick, Camaro, Tal-ko Performance Racing
90. GTsail290, Falcon XR8, Paul's Offshore Racing Team
95. TheStig13, Falcon XR8, Ford Australia Racing Team

V8 Production/Class 2
1. Pitracer100, FPV GT, Swift Pits Motorsport
02. Irons, FPV GT, Honor Tuning Motorsport
13. TheStig13, FPV GT, Ford Austraila Racing Team
16. oscarhardwick, Holden Commodore SS, Tal-ko Performance Racing
23, LancerEvo7GSR, FPV GT, East Coast Motorsport
34, AyJay, Holden Commodore SS, Garry Rogers Motorsport
55, LSX, Holden Commodore SS, LSX Engineering
56. oldmodelt, FPV GT, Vintage Motors Inc
57. fogbound, FPV GT, Vintage Motors Inc
88. C-ZETA, Holden Commodore SS, Corsa dell'Italia-Australia
90. GTsail290, Holden Commodore SS, Paul's Offshore Racing Team
99. viperin, FPV GT, Map 'o Tassie

Rookie Of The Year competitors:

Cougar23
Irons
TheStig13
oscarhardwick
viperin
LSX
C-ZETA

Results

v8results11.png

Points: 1st: 10, 2nd: 8, 3rd: 6, 4th: 5, 5th: 4, 6th: 3, 7th: 2, 8th: 1, bonus point for fastest lap

Race Rules
- Standard online rules apply
- No shortcuts and try to keep at least 2 wheels on the track at all times
- No wall-riding
- You MUST use the specifications provided
- Forced pit entry is to be used
- TCS & ASM can be turned on
- AI - any level
- If you submit your time late you will recieve a 30 second penalty
- Tyre wear must be set to strong

NOTE: Enduro drivers who want to race in the last two rounds of this can post in this thread or PM me (TheStig13) if you want to participate in the last two rounds before Thursday 25th of March.

PM me with the following details filled in before the deadline of Saturday 27th of March 11:59pm GMT.

User Name:
Class:
Car:
Number:
HP:
Weight:
Total Time:
Fastest Lap:
No. of Pits + Drive Through Penalties:
Race

Hope you will enjoy the race

TheStig13

Last edited:
G'Day all.

I have the proddy races nailed, Team LSX & Team Map O' Tassie both.👍
I can now focus on working out the best strategy for the V8 Supercar Race.
I have not driven Apricot Hill in a while, but it used to be one of my favorite tracks, so it is like slipping on an old comfy pair of racing gloves.:)

Good luck all.

G'Day all.

I have the proddy races nailed, Team LSX & Team Map O' Tassie both.👍
I can now focus on working out the best strategy for the V8 Supercar Race.
I have not driven Apricot Hill in a while, but it used to be one of my favorite tracks, so it is like slipping on an old comfy pair of racing gloves.:)

Good luck all.

I did the supercar first and am pretty happy with my effort. My biggest challenge in learning the track has been coming out of 4 correctly and addressing 5 at the correct angle to carry speed and avoid catching a wheel or bogging and forcing a shift. I entered 5 in a lower gear a couple of times and didn't see any improvement. For how small this track is, I find it very complex and difficult. Good luck to all!

Also have both of my runs in. Might run them again. Enjoy this track a ton. Ran around it alot in GT2 in the Dodge Concept car. :) No secret tunnel for me to acces like El Capitan. :grumpy: So I'll definitely lose to Viperin. :yuck:

Also have both of my runs in. Might run them again. Enjoy this track a ton. Ran around it alot in GT2 in the Dodge Concept car. :) No secret tunnel for me to acces like El Capitan. :grumpy: So I'll definitely lose to Viperin. :yuck:

Would you like me to give you the GPS co ordinates for the Apricot Hill secret tunnel ? :sly:

I have completed two full races using different tyre strategies for the Supercar.
Only three seconds difference so I will have to have a good think about which one to use.
Either way I will be re running Race to shave some more time off.
I wont say what strategy is but I will say, I doubt I will get close to fastest lap.

btw fogbound is right - keep away from rumble strips they only slow you down.

I could not find the secret tunnel either. However, if you can safety avoid the trees, I have been able to find a shortcut thru the orchard that might save me five seconds!:) Plus there's the added benefit of having enough fruit plastered to your front grill, that everyone will say that you have one "sweet" ride!

Good luck,
GTsail

times sent. That was a great event. The FPV really came alive at this track and showed me some new lines that I went back to later to re-run in Supercar. I was able to beat the tires much harder than any of the earlier events I had done. Good luck fellow racers!

G'Day all !
For better or worse Races run and times submitted 👍
Very enjoyable and agree Apricot Hill suited Fords very well ( also suited Commodore as it happens ! ).
Did some interesting experimenting with the tyre strategy and was suitably rewarded I think.
Good fun.

(Also working flat out on getting some replay vids organised, I have a very good program which makes very high quality vids but alas they are also very big.
No chance therefore to upload with my dialup intarwebz, will let you know when I have them sorted with some broadband access).

Greetings all -
I've just sent in my times after some nice races! I was quite happy with my effort in the V8Supercar class. The V8Production class could have been better, I lost about a second while waiting for the vehicle in front of me to clear the chicanes (I ran on -10 difficulty, so I was lapping the field).

As usual, the Ford Falcon eats its front tires! I think that it must be in league with the tire manufacturer!

Good luck,
GTsail

G'Day all !
For better or worse Races run and times submitted 👍
Very enjoyable and agree Apricot Hill suited Fords very well ( also suited Commodore as it happens ! ).
Did some interesting experimenting with the tyre strategy and was suitably rewarded I think.
Good fun.

(Also working flat out on getting some replay vids organised, I have a very good program which makes very high quality vids but alas they are also very big.
No chance therefore to upload with my dialup intarwebz, will let you know when I have them sorted with some broadband access).

Does anyone make a PS2 card reader and software for PC to save GT4 files as videos?

G'Day again,
fogbound - the replays on the PS@ are not in a video format.
To produce videos of replays you need a capture card attached to your PC or a USB capture device.
Depending on software captured replays will be in AVI or MPEG format.

I will send you link to some saved videos I made which are compressed MPEG files, quality and size not too bad.
If you need a hand with any production issues let us know.

Regards.

Time (and my memory) has been slipping away from me lately - I only just saw this thread... Mega dunce hat for me :dunce:

Last edited:
Congrats to teamate Fogbound for the double double. Wins and Fastest lap in both classes. 👍

And a thanks to TheStig13. For a series which I thought that I wouldn't have time for. I'm glad I did. Have enjoyed the racing. On to Cote and the ladies by the pool.

Off topic: Check out Austin343's Benny Hill vid from post #491 in the Endurance Events thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKLOxmYUJQ4&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:
Congrats to teamate Fogbound for the double double. Wins and Fastest lap in both classes. 👍

And a thanks to TheStig13. For a series which I thought that I wouldn't have time for. I'm glad I did. Have enjoyed the racing. On to Cote and the ladies by the pool.

Off topic: Check out Austin343's Benny Hill vid from post #491 in the Endurance Events thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKLOxmYUJQ4&feature=player_embedded

Thanks! Nothing like a couple of sick days home from work to solidify some lines.

That vid is pretty hysterical. The guy holds his line like a machine.

Great Job in both races Fogbound!

I guess driving a "hill" was to your liking!

Respectfully,
GTsail

Back