GTP V8 Supercars Series - Round 12 - Cote 'd Azur ***Results and Final Standings***

• Thread starter Stiggy
  • 15 comments
Australia
New South Wales
thestig-13
StiggyGTP
GTPlanet V8 Supercars Series Round 12 - Cote 'd Azur

Welcome to the final round of the first season of the GTP V8 Supercars Series, held on the Cote 'd Azur circuit on the streets of the principality of Monaco. The racing should be interesting as it is now a 75km race (37km for Production) instead of the usual 50km. This should be a great end to a great season of racing.

Race Length & Information:V8 Supercars/Class 1 - 22 Laps, V8 Production/Class 2 - 11 Laps

This is a street round so you can choose from hard, medium & soft compound tyres. Only one set of the soft tyres is allowed.

Car Specifications:
Ford Falcon XR8 Race Car: Power - 600hp (+0) Weight - 1309kg (-3)
Chevrolet Camaro Race Car: Power - 593hp (+0) Weight - 1252kg (+8)
FPV GT: Power - 391hp (+1) Weight - 1660kg (-9)
Holden Commodore SS: Power - 390hp (+19) Weight - 1624kg (-2)

Entrants List

V8 Supercars/Class 1
5. LSX, Camaro, LSX Engineering
33. AyJay, Camaro, Garry Rogers Motorsport
38. CAMikaze, Falcon XR8, Team GTP
44. LancerEvo7GSR, Falcon XR8, East Coast Motorsports
54. viperin, Falcon XR8, Map O'Tassie
56. oldmodelt, Camaro, Vintage Motors Inc.
57. fogbound, Camaro, Vintage Motors Inc.
60. Irons, Falcon XR8, Honor Tuning Motorsport
77. C-ZETA, Falcon XR8, Corsa dell'Italia-Australia
87. oscarhardwick, Camaro, Tal-ko Performance Racing
90. GTsail290, Falcon XR8, Paul's Offshore Racing Team
95. TheStig13, Falcon XR8, Ford Australia Racing Team

V8 Production/Class 2
1. Pitracer100, FPV GT, Swift Pits Motorsport
02. Irons, FPV GT, Honor Tuning Motorsport
13. TheStig13, FPV GT, Ford Austraila Racing Team
16. oscarhardwick, Holden Commodore SS, Tal-ko Performance Racing
23, LancerEvo7GSR, FPV GT, East Coast Motorsport
34, AyJay, Holden Commodore SS, Garry Rogers Motorsport
55, LSX, Holden Commodore SS, LSX Engineering
56. oldmodelt, FPV GT, Vintage Motors Inc
57. fogbound, FPV GT, Vintage Motors Inc
83, CAMikaze, FPV GT, Team GTP
88. C-ZETA, Holden Commodore SS, Corsa dell'Italia-Australia
90. GTsail290, Holden Commodore SS, Paul's Offshore Racing Team
99. viperin, FPV GT, Map 'o Tassie

Rookie Of The Year competitors:

Cougar23
Irons
TheStig13
oscarhardwick
viperin
LSX
C-ZETA

Results
v8results12.png

Final Series Standings
standingsu.png

Points: 1st: 10, 2nd: 8, 3rd: 6, 4th: 5, 5th: 4, 6th: 3, 7th: 2, 8th: 1, bonus point for fastest lap

Race Rules
- Standard online rules apply
- No shortcuts and try to keep at least 2 wheels on the track at all times
- No wall-riding
- You MUST use the specifications provided
- Forced pit entry is to be used
- TCS & ASM can be turned on
- AI - any level
- If you submit your time late you will recieve a 30 second penalty
- Tyre wear must be set to strong

PM me with the following details filled in before the deadline of Saturday 10th of April 11:59pm GMT.

User Name:
Class:
Car:
Number:
HP:
Weight:
Total Time:
Fastest Lap:
No. of Pits + Drive Through Penalties:

Hope you will enjoy the race

TheStig13

Last edited:
Already have done runs in both classes. Having a ball with the FPV GT's oversteer. Much more fun than the Camaro. After a hard race come join me at the pool with the ladies.

Cotepool-1.jpg

(courtesy of Red Frog)

Edit: Not able to do any additional runs. Times submitted. See some of you over at GTPLMS #5. And the TTCRS if you have the game :tup:and the guts. :cool:

Last edited:
G'Day all.

Made it !
A long tough series of races but extremely enjoyable.
I hope everyone else agrees.

Times submitted for Final Round :)
A tight and technical track with no where to go if you stuff up except into a wall :scared:
I think I erred on the side of caution too much perhaps but it made for less frustrating races ( once I had gotten past the mobile chicanes that is ).

Due to coming off a busy week and rapidly running out of time decided to just run the two Team Map O ' Tassie Fords to finish the tournament off.

I will run a Team LSX Commodore for a bit of fun but will probably not enter official time ( will miss deadline anyway ).

Good Luck all.

I really enjoyed this series also. I thought the events were well engineered and big fun! Thanks to Stig13 for delivering the goods and OldmodelT for offering a position on Vintage Motors Racing as well as my fellow drivers for the camaraderie and advice.

Thanks to everyone who raced in this series. I hope you have enjoyed the racing as much as I have and I hope to race against you guys in another series (most likely GTPLMS or oldmodelt's TT Race Series). I won't be running another one of these series for a while (the next one will probably start after GTPLMS) and it will be a bit shorter (7-8 races instead of 12).

Congratulations to the series winners viperin (V8 Supercars) and GTsail290 (V8 Production) as well as the team champions Vintage Motors Inc.. "The world's oldest rookie", viperin, took out the Rookie of the Year honours and Ford won the Manufactures Championship.

And many thanks to TheStig13. Your series filled the racing schedule hole perfectly. Races not too long and not too short. Just right. A long races series with short fun ones. And I appreciate the time and knowledge it takes to run one of these.

I hope that when you run another series you can get one of the participants to help you in the testing of the cars. Helping ABud with his gave me the practice to know the cars/tracks.

It is time well spent.

I find it amusing that the leaderboard is mostly filled with us old timers. :lol: Those young bucks are too busy dealing with their hangovers. :yuck:

Last edited:
G'Day all !

Woo Hoo :cheers: made it !

You have no idea how pleased I am with this result. A podium for both classes and also the Team placings and not to mention "Rookie of the Year".

Awesome 👍

I am very pleased I joined the Series and managed to score consistently.
I must admit the sound of the zimmer frames of my esteemed Geriatric opponents snapping at my heels was very motivating :)

I thought the young 'uns did very well also.

Congratulations to everyone on making this such a successful series.
Major kudos to the Stig for running a tight ship. well done :)

Looking forward to the next series.

Aussie, Aussie , Aussie !! oi,oi,oi :D

Here are some stats for the 2009/2010 GTP V8 Supercars Series

Points Table

pointstable.png

Results Table

positionstable.png

Average Points (per race entered)

averagepoints.png

Average Position (per race entered)

averageposition.png

Well done everyone!

Special kudo's must go to TheStig13 for putting on this enjoyable series!!

I see that my secret pit strategy in the V8 Production class paid off with a win and the best lap. I started the race on mediums and pitted on lap 4 for softs. What pit strategy were you guys running? Mediums all the way?

Fogbound, I must admit to being in the "Geriatric" class as well.

See you at the races!
GTsail/Team PORT

I apologize to TheStig13 for my hangover comment. He's only 15 and therefore shouldn't be drinking and hence having no hangovers. The rest of the top 5 or 6 in class 1 are well past the legal age.

Well done everyone!

I see that my secret pit strategy in the V8 Production class paid off with a win and the best lap. I started the race on mediums and pitted on lap 4 for softs. What pit strategy were you guys running? Mediums all the way?

See you at the races!
GTsail/Team PORT

Congratulations GTsail on a hard fought competition, you certainly made for a tight series of races.
As for tyre strategy for Cote d'Azur I went with SH and no pit stop :indiff:

That is great work with the stats information Stig, have not seen that level of detail before.It really highlights a few things, particularly where ( in my case at least ) incorrect tyre choices were made.
Really well done.

Hoping to see everyone again at the next tourney :)

Well done everyone!

See you at the races!
GTsail/Team PORT

I ran mediums all the way. That is a fun track but very easy to mis-judge the braking points.

That's why I was almost a minute behind. :ouch: It won't happen next week. :dunce:

Already have done runs in both classes. Having a ball with the FPV GT's oversteer. Much more fun than the Camaro. After a hard race come join me at the pool with the ladies.

Cotepool-1.jpg

(courtesy of Red Frog)
If there was a hotel or tavern next to that pool, would it be called the "Dive On Inn"?:D

Enjoyed the racing in this seres and would like to do it again soon. :)

Great series and great driving from everyone, too bad I didn't make some races but ah well. Big thanks to TheStig13 for running the series! 👍

Back