GTP V8 Supercars Sign-Up Thread - Enduro sign-ups Now Open! (See post 34 for details)

• Thread starter Stiggy
  • 48 comments

When do you want this series to start?

• Next week, with races held on SuperGT sprint race weeks (every second week)

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • After SuperGT is finished

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
Australia
New South Wales
thestig-13
StiggyGTP
The 2009 GTPlanet V8 Supercars Series
attachment.php

This series is based on the popular Australian touring car series V8 Supercars. There are two manufactuers involved, Ford & Holden. This GTP series features two classes of car:

Cars in V8 Supercars (Class 1)
Ford Falcon XR8 Race Car
Chevy Camaro Race Car

Cars in V8 Production (Class 2)
FPV GT
Holden Commodore SS

There are 2 types of races, sprint races & Enduros. In a sprint race you can use two compounds of tyre, hard and soft tyres, but only one set of the soft tyres are allowed..
In the street races you can choose from hard, medium & soft tyres, but the same 'one set per race' rules as in the sprint races applies

V8 Supercars (Class 1) cars will use racing tyres while V8 Production (class 2) will use sports tyres.

Enduro races will be longer and you can only choose from hard and medium compound tyres. You have to use the one tyre compound through the race though to add a bit of strategy to the races. Points scored in enduros will count towards an Enduro Championship.

Cars in class 1 will have 600 hp while cars in class 2 will have 400hp. Races will be in arcade mode and amount of laps will depend on the track and race type.

V8 Supercars (Class 1) Sprint & Street Races will be approx. 50km long. The Trial Mountain enduro will be approx. 100km long and the El Capitan Enduro will be approx. 150km long

V8 Production (Class 2) races are half the distance of Class 1 races: Sprint & Street Races approx. 25km, Trial Mountain Enduro approx. 50km, El Capitan Enduro approx. 75km

2009 GT Planet V8 Supercars Series Schedule V8 Supercars (Class 1) V8 Production (Class 2)

Seattle Reverse (Street), 13 laps, 7 laps
Tsukuba Wet (Sprint) 25 laps, 12 laps
Suzuka East (Sprint), 22 laps, 11 laps
New York (Street), 12 laps, 6 laps
Midfield (Sprint), 14 laps, 7 laps
High Speed Ring (Sprint), 12 laps, 6 laps
Motegi East (Sprint), 15 laps, 7 laps
Tokyo R246 (Street), 10 laps, 5 laps
Trial Mountain (Enduro), 25 laps, 13 laps
El Capitan (Enduro), 31 laps, 16 laps
Apricot Hill (Sprint), 13 laps, 6 laps
Cote 'd Azur (Street) 22 laps (75km), 11 laps(37km)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that you can sign up for the series here as well. Please include your preferred racing number, the car you will race and a team name. If this is your first race series on GTP, please put 'R' (for rookie) in brackets after your name

Here is the layout you should use for your entry
CLASS:
DRIVER:
CAR:
NUMBER:
TEAM NAME:

Entrants List - Up to post 32

V8 Supercars (Class 1)
5. LSX, Camaro, LSX Engineering
33. AyJay, Camaro, Garry Rogers Motorsport
38. CAMikaze, FalconXR8, Team GTP
44. LancerEvo7GSR, Falcon XR8, East Coast Motorsports
54. viperin, Falcon XR8, Map O'Tassie
56. oldmodelt, Camaro, Vintage Motors Inc.
60. Irons, Falcon XR8, Honor Tuning Motorsport
77. C-ZETA, Falcon XR8, Corsa dell'Italia-Australia
87. oscarhardwick, Camaro, Tal-ko Performance Racing
95. TheStig13, Falcon XR8, Ford Australia Racing Team

V8 Production (Class 2)
1. Pitracer100, FPV GT, Swift Pits Motorsport
02. Irons, FPV GT, Honor Tuning Motorsport
13. TheStig13, FPV GT, Ford Austraila Racing Team
16. oscarhardwick, Holden Commodore SS, Tal-ko Performance Racing
23, Cougar23, FPV GT, East Coast Motorsport
23, LancerEvo7GSR, FPV GT, East Coast Motorsport
34, AyJay, Holden Commodore SS, Garry Rogers Motorsport
55, LSX, Holden Commodore SS, LSX Engineering
56. oldmodelt, FPV GT, Vintage Motors Inc.
88. C-ZETA, Holden Commodore SS, Corsa dell'Italia-Australia
90. GTsail290, Holden Commodore SS, Paul's Offshore Racing Team

Rookie Of The Year competitors:
Cougar23
Irons
TheStig13
oscarhardwick
viperin
LSX
C-ZETA

Points System will be: 1st: 10, 2nd: 8, 3rd: 6, 4th: 5, 5th: 4, 6th: 3, 7th: 2, 8th: 1, as well as a bonus point for fastest lap

Points System For Endurance Races
1st: 20, 2nd: 16, 3rd: 14, 4th: 12, 5th: 10, 6th: 8, 7th: 6, 8th: 5, 9th: 4, 10th: 3, 11th: 2, 12th: 1 and a bonus point for fastest lap

Race threads will be open every second Sunday

Mid-season entries will be allowed, so if you missed the opportunity to sign-up for this series and want to race, you can.

Mid Season Rule Changes as posted in the News & Race Reviews thread
After the first few races of the new season, some small rule changes have occurred. The changes include:

- Use of soft tyres at street race events is now permitted, but the same 'one set per race' rules as in the sprint races still apply

- Two 'guest' cars per class to give drivers that only race in one class the opportunity to race in another class for a race. This is also open to other drivers who don't regularly drive in the V8 Supercars Series. It is also a good opportunity to score some more points towards the Teams Championship. You must either PM me before Thursday on the race week or post in the race thread that you would like to drive a 'guest' car. The list of Guest cars are:
#96, Ford Falcon XR8 Race Car (V8 Supercars/Class 1)
#97, Chevrolet Camaro Race Car (V8 Supercars/Class 1)
#98, FPV GT (V8 Production/Class 2)
#99, Holden Commodore SS (V8 Production/Class 2)

Attachments

• GTP V8scs.jpg
    GTP V8scs.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:
Just wondering, when might this series start?

DRIVER: AyJay
CAR: Ford Falcon XR8 Race Car (Class 1)
NUMBER: 33
TEAM NAME: Garry Rogers Motorsport

CAR: Holden Commodore SS (Class 2)
NUMBER: 34

Depending on the length of the races and driver numbers, I may only run one class though...

Possibly Seattle Reverse for Adelaide?

AyJay
NUMBER: 33

You can now choose the Camaro if you want to, because a Garry Rogers Ford is just wrong, or you can stay with the Ford because it is the only actual V8 Supercar in the game

Yeah, I know GRM Ford is wrong, and I do have some previous experience with the Camaro, so as long as they're evenly matched I'll be fine to use that. :)

Class 1
DRIVER: LancerEvo7GSR Edit: (Not a rookie, just didn't remove it from the copy/paste)
CAR: Ford Falcon XR8
NUMBER: 44
TEAM NAME: East Coast Motorsports

Last edited:
CLASS 1
DRIVER: Irons (R)
CAR: 2000 Ford Falcon XR8 Race Car
NUMBER: 60
TEAM: HONOR TUNING MOTORSPORTS

CLASS 2
DRIVER: Irons (R)
CAR: FPV GT
NUMBER: 02
TEAM: HONOR TUNING MOTORSPORTS

Completed the first test with the Class 1 cars at Infineon:
Settings - TCS & ASM on, Tyres: Racing Medium, Driver - B-Spec Bob
Class 1
Ford Falcon XR8 - Power 600hp (+0) Weight 1350kg (+0)
1. 1:35.561
2. 1:34.526
3. 1:34.499
4. 1:34.458
5. 1:34.208
Camaro Race Car - Power 593hp (+0) Weight 1276kg (+10)
1. 1:35.323
2. 1:34.526
3. 1.34.300
4. 1:33.894
5. 1:34.124
Class 2
FPV GT - 388hp (+0), 1825kg (+0)
1. 1:55.302
2. 1:54.192
3. 1:54.221
4. 1:53.757
5. 1:53.690

Commodore SS - 343hp (+5) 1658kg (+0)
1. 1:55.344
2. 1:54.231
3. 1:54.401
4. 1:54.237
5. 1:54.165

That is the conclusion of the first test. I would like help on setting the cars up so the racing is even.

Last edited:
Test 2 at Infineon Sports
FPV GT- 391 hp (+1) 1660kg (-9)
1.1:53.771
2.1:52.818
3.1:52.912
4.1:52.328
5.1:52.387
Commodore SS - 393hp (+20) 1608kg (-3)
1.1:53.788
2.1:52.502
3.1:52.731
4.1:52.377
5.1:52.364

Another suggestion (just from looking at track maps, I don't know much about the elevation changes, etc):
Townsville - Infineon Raceway Stock Car course...?
...really can't pick any other tracks yet...

I don't think that Infineon would be a good track for Townsville as it has too many elevation changes (don't know exactly how many elevation changes Townsville has but from the TV coverage it looked fairly flat). Also, I think that it is a street circuit (correct me if im wrong). If there isn't a better alternative though, Infineon will take Townsville's spot.

EDIT: I think that Opera Paris could be a good track for Townsville on the basis that it is a street circuit, it is completely flat and is only 0.01 km longer than Townsville.
The times are looking pretty close there, TheStig! Good work! 👍
Thanks. I will try to get the class 1 cars lap times closer together soon.

Last edited:
I don't think that Infineon would be a good track for Townsville as it has too many elevation changes (don't know exactly how many elevation changes Townsville has but from the TV coverage it looked fairly flat). Also, I think that it is a street circuit (correct me if im wrong). If there isn't a better alternative though, Infineon will take Townsville's spot.

EDIT: I think that Opera Paris could be a good track for Townsville on the basis that it is a street circuit, it is completely flat and is only 0.01 km longer than Townsville.

I have to admit, I haven't seen that many events on TV, so I'm just comparing track layouts and key highlights of the tracks (Straights, haripins, overall layout, etc). Obviously, it would be better to keep city tracks as city tracks, so I guess either of the Paris circuits would be good :)

The Stig13 -
I am interested in your race series. However, it would depend upon how long your endurance races are (I do have some time contraints). How long will the endurance races be? One hour? Longer?

GTsail290

The Stig13 -
I am interested in your race series. However, it would depend upon how long your endurance races are (I do have some time contraints). How long will the endurance races be? One hour? Longer?

GTsail290

This is a very important question I was about to ask the same thing.👍

Im in...

Class 2
DRIVER: oscarhardwick (R)
CAR: FPV GT
NUMBER: 16
TEAM NAME: Tal-ko performance racing

May I ask... how long will the races be?

G'Day all.

I would like to enter and hope I make it to the start line -

Class 1
DRIVER: viperin (R)
CAR: Ford Falcon Xr8 Race Car
NUMBER: 54
TEAM NAME: Map O'Tassie

I am now considering postponing the series until the SuperGT series is finished. Also, the races will be quite short and should not take over an hour to complete. There will be no qualifying sessions for the races to save some time. You can still sign up for the series if it is postponed, though.
EDIT: I will try and get the series started soon so the first races don't interfere with SuperGT. When SuperGT starts, this series will run on the sprint race weeks in the SuperGT series.

Last edited:
I would like to enter my team's car in Class 2 of the V8 SuperCar Series. I can handle endurance races up to one hour. After that I need to get back in the water.

Class 2
DRIVER: GTsail290
CAR: Holden Commodore SS
NUMBER: 90
TEAM NAME: Paul's Offshore Racing Team

The Stig13 - You don't need to delay the start of the Race Series on my account. My team should be sailing into Sydney Harbour any day now. Just look for the well-tanned crew with PORT on their team kit.

Respectfully,
GTsail290

I would like to enter my team's car in Class 2 of the V8 SuperCar Series. I can handle endurance races up to one hour. After that I need to get back in the water.

Class 2
DRIVER: GTsail290
NUMBER: 90
TEAM NAME: Paul's Offshore Racing Team

The Stig13 - You don't need to delay the start of the Race Series on my account. My team should be sailing into Sydney Harbour any day now. Just look for the well-tanned crew with PORT on their team kit.

Respectfully,
GTsail290

I agree. My ship is having to come through the Panama Canal. What a gift for East coast guys and gals of USA so we won't have to travel around S. America.👍 Anyways if you see a yacht with SS. Swift Pits thats us. We are coming to do this different kind of racing that us Americans have not seen called V8 Supercar Racing.
I found another car that has a V8 and is a supercar also
Spyker C8 Laviolette '02:sly:
Proto Motors SPIRRA 4.6 V8 '04:sly:

I found another car that has a V8 and is a supercar also
Spyker C8 Laviolette '02:sly:
Proto Motors SPIRRA 4.6 V8 '04:sly:
Sorry, but those cars cannot be included as they are 2 door coupes, are mid engined & are not from Australia. The Camaro is in there because there were no Holdens to race in class 1 and that it would be the most suitable car made by GM.

heyy, sorry to be a pain, but may i change my sign in, i only saw the early testing for the holden, and as I am a holden fan, I will be changing my FPV to the commadore, here is my new sign up:

Class 1
CAR: Chevy Camaro Race Car
NUMBER: 87

Class 2

thanks,

Oscar.

heyy, sorry to be a pain, but may i change my sign in, i only saw the early testing for the holden, and as I am a holden fan, I will be changing my FPV to the commadore, here is my new sign up:

Class 1
CAR: Chevy Camaro Race Car
NUMBER: 87

Class 2

thanks,

Oscar.

Yes you can change to the Holden, as you can change cars up until the start of the series.

Class: 1
Driver: LSX [R]
Car: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro LM
Number: 5
Team Name: LSX Engineering

Class: 2
Driver: LSX [R]
Car: Holden Commodore SS
Number: 55
Team Name: LSX Engineering

Last edited:
Here's my Entry
DRIVER: CAMikaze
NUMBER: 5
TEAM NAME: Team GTP

Here's my Entry
DRIVER: CAMikaze
NUMBER: 5
TEAM NAME: Team GTP

Sorry CAMikaze, but LSX has already chosen number 5 for class 1.

Class: 1
Driver: C-ZETA [R]
Car: Ford Falcon XR8 '00
Number: 77
Team Name: Corsa dell'Italia-Australia

Class: 2
Driver: C-ZETA [R]
Car: Holden Commodore SS '04
Car Number: 88
Team Name: Corsa dell'Italia-Australia

Last edited:
The first race of the series starts tomorrow and is going to take place at Seattle Reverse

I'll take #38 then.

Back