@ Suzuka Circuit in GSR Spirit. ^_~
GTP_CAMikaze

GTPlanet Clio Cup Series

Round #8
Fuji Speedway 2005

Track Map credits - AMG.
Banner Credits - mnm_bmx

Hot-Lap Qualifying, 8 Lap Sprint Race and 11 Lap Feature Race

Sunday, January 13th, 2008 @ Midnight(24:00) GMT (7:00 pm US EST)

Back across the Pacific again we go to the foothills of the majestic Mount Fuji and a recently revamped Fuji Speedway for Round 8 of the Clio Cup Series. Let's hope we'll be able to dodge the raindrops as we race. ;):D

All rules, regulations, car specifications, and races are controlled by the GTP Clio Cup officials. Any and all questions should be directed to the GTP Clio Cup officials(CAMikaze and RACECAR) and they will do their best to answer in a timely and accurate manner.
All drivers must run at the specified Tires, Top Speed, Weight and Horsepower settings for each round.

All Other Standard Online Racing Rules apply.
  • No Cheating, Hybrids, or any funny stuff like that. Run the car according to the Specifications please.
  • Try and keep two wheels on the road at all times. No shortcuts.
  • No wall-riding. It slows you down.
  • TCS and/or ACS is allowed IF DESIRED, but NOT mandatory.
  • Discussion of the split times is allowed but the full lap and race times are not be mentioned in the thread until the results have been posted and made official. Doing so will subject the driver to a time penalty to be added on to the qualifying and/or race time.
  • Times must be submitted by PM to CAMikaze and RACECAR by the Deadline listed. Otherwise a time penalty of 1 second for every minute after the deadline it is sent in by will be assesed to the Qualifying and Race times. Should the time submission not be sent in to the GTP Clio Cup Stewards by 2 hours after the deadline has passed, the times sent in after then will not be counted in the results.

Car Specifications
Power: 261 HP (-11), Weight: 1058 kg (-8), Top Speed: 260 km/h (0), Tires: RH/RH only

Qualifying Specifications
Arcade Mode >>> Time Trial >>> World Circuits >>> Fuji Speedway 2005 >>> Select Car

Sprint Race Specifications
Arcade Mode >>> Time Trial >>> World Circuits >>> Fuji Speedway 2005 >>> Select Car
Transmission: MT or AT, Driving Aids: Your Choice, Tires: Racing: Hard, Difficulty: At least +5
Race Options: Arcade: No. of Laps: 8, Tire Wear: Mild, Driving Aids: Your Choice, Penalty: Forced Pit Entry, Time Limit: None

Feature Race Specifications
Transmission: MT or AT, Driving Aids: Your Choice, Tires: Racing: Hard, Difficulty: At least +5
Race Options: Arcade: No. of Laps: 11, Tire Wear: Mild, Driving Aids: Your Choice, Penalty: Forced Pit Entry, Time Limit: None

Please make sure you send your Times formatted this way. It'll make it easier, and we'll be good.;)
Code:
Driver(Country): [Your name and country here]
Car #: [Your car # here]
Team: [The team you're racing for here]

Qualifying: [Your fastest Qualifying lap time here]

Sprint Race
Total Time: [The time it took for you to complete the race]
Best Lap: [Your fastest race lap]
AI Settings: [The level you had the AI race at and what tire settings you gave the AI]

Feature Race
Total Time: [The time it took for you to complete the race]
Best Lap: [Your fastest race lap]
AI Settings: [The level you had the AI race at and what tire settings you gave the AI]

A couple more notes before we get things going here.

• Some Ground Rules: A little something different about Fuji 2005 that some racetracks have nowadays. You might remember this from going through R130 at Suzuka earlier this season. :) That's right... A tarmac runoff area! And Fuji has them in spades! Plenty of space to go off and recover. But we kindly - and strongly - suggest you get back on track as soon as possible! And no cutting corners while you're at it, OK?:👎:irked: If you were passing while off the track, please allow the cars that you passed to go by again unless you were forced off by one of the other cars contacting you. If you cut a corner while in qualifying, slow down to a near stop and let the ghost car pass you. That's for those who save their fastest Clio Cup Qualifying lap and use it as the do subsequent Qualifying runs. If you cut the corner purposefully(not forced off by a competing AI-controlled car) while in the race, you're to do a self-imposed Drive-thru Penalty as soon as you come to the Pit Entrance on the front straight.(Keep Current Tires, No Fuel and keep A-spec mode)
  • Remember when you're racing, the settings for the AI must be at least Level +5 and on Racing: Hard tires.
  • If you haven't noticed already, I have given you my Christmas Gift of a extended period for you to do the races and submit your times into the Stewards. You have until 24:00 GMT on Sunday, January 13th, 2008 to have your round raced and your times submitted. I hope you like it.:D
  • Again regarding submitting your times, for the Clio Cup Season once you have submitted your times, they're locked in and can not be changed. If you believe you can do better, hold off on sending the times in until you believe you cannot do any better or don't think you would have any more time to try to set a faster time. And make sure you PM your final times to myself(CAMikaze) and RACECAR before the race deadline so that you don't get asessed any penalties. ;)👍

And with all that said...

Good luck, and good racing to all of you!:sly:👍​

Fantomas40 clinches the Clio Cup Drivers Championship

Bad Boys Racing clinches the Clio Cup Team Cup Championship

I am ready with the qualifying lap.
No splits... :eek:

Yeah, I think they mentioned it somewhere that the Fuji Speedway was still being developed while PD was making GT4. So when they design the circuit in game, they didn't put the split marker and just considered it to be just 1 whole lap. So that is what I know, but i'm not sure if the TT version of Fuji Speedway has any splits as well.....

Just have fun doing the laps there. 👍

I guess there's no point in putting down my progress as I can't post my fastest lap time or splits for that matter. Ah, what the hell:

1'4X.XXX

Thats all you guys are getting from me.

Yeah I will race soon when I get a chance, got other things to do! ;) :lol: Lets see there's sleep, laundry, getting packed to go up north, then wrapping gifts up north probably.... then going to work for the whole rest of the week... hmmm at least I get the 1st off! :lol: hehe --- Randy

Here's wishing all the Clio Cuppers a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

nige

Well, it's 2008 now. Hope the year got off to a good start for you. ;)

For the sake of asking, how are things going for you for this round? If you care to talk about your times, make sure you keep it to the tents in your lap times only.

For me, the best I'm doing in Qualifying so far is a 1'48.8XX. Been somewhat active over my off-time over the holidays and I try not to overdo it. :embarrassed:

There's still 10 days left for you to do your best on Fuji 2005. The season isn't over yet! ;)👍

Happy New Year to all Clio Cuppers. Hope 2008 is a prosperous one for you.
My best qualifying lap is 1'47.1xx. I think that is about the limit of my skills.

Happy racing,

nige

Say guys, CAMikaze is not feeling well so Please forgive if he does not get the results on time.

Time submitted to CAMikaze (and RACECAR for assurance)

Its been a long week of racing (well actually, I just raced yesterday :guilty:) and the circuit is just fine. Lots of space to run wide and many racing lines to choose from. But the race is just sad. This track unfortunately is a tire killer. My tires didn't last until the end in the feature race, and I was overtaken by the AI. :ouch: (I finished 2nd) But other than that, I think its a all round good performance by me. :D

Times submitted . I have spent most of the time playing GTHD and GT5 Prologue so didn't get in as much practice at Fuji as I would have liked.
Playing GT5 online is an indifferent experience for me. Tried one track - Suzuka East and had to endure the "rammers from behind" who don't brake going into corners. Also watched with hilarity as some of the other cars dance from one side of the track to the other. I hope PD sort all this out before GT5 comes out.
Anyway, Chris, I hope you are feeling better soon.

nige

Times are submitted both to RACECAR and Chris. Now its time for the game!!! :sly: GO COLTS!!!!! :) --- Randy

***Round 9 Race Results are now Posted***

And it looks like the Clio Cup season has become the Year of the Hungarians given the results of this round.:sly: Only GTXDriver's Fastest Lap in the Sprint Race could prevent Fantomas40 from becoming a 5-Star Racer this time. Will we get another lne in the final 2 rounds of the season? Time will tell as we move on to the Autumn Ring.

Chris,
Please note my qualifying time was 1'47.197 not as posted in the results. I hope the results will be corrected accordingly.

nige

Chris,
Please note my qualifying time was 1'47.197 not as posted in the results. I hope the results will be corrected accordingly.

nige

Yes,I remember you mentioned a 1'47.1-ish lap.I was wondering about your result.
Nice one,but how did it Fantomas I don't understand it at all. :ill:
You have blistering times,buddy. 👍

Chris,as I calculate Fantomas is unbeatable at the moment.I think he is already the Champion...

***Round 9 Race Results are now Posted***

And it looks like the Clio Cup season has become the Year of the Hungarians given the results of this round.:sly: Only GTXDriver's Fastest Lap in the Sprint Race could prevent Fantomas40 from becoming a 5-Star Racer this time. Will we get another lne in the final 2 rounds of the season? Time will tell as we move on to the Autumn Ring.

Oh the disadvantage of not having a DFP. :(

***Points Standings are now Posted***

And with his win in the Feature Race, Fantomas40 clinches the first Clio Cup Drivers Championship. Congratulations Fantomas 40, the dominating performance you have been putting up to date this season is truly worthy of your winning the championship. :D:tup:

We might have another championship claimed at the end of the next round at Autumn Ring, but it seems the Independent Cup might be going down to the final laps of the season at Grand Valley Speedway.

Hehe, yeah, I thought I would have plenty of time to do this race, no worries...:banghead: My holidays got a bit busy, and the other day I suddenly realised that the deadline was YESTERDAY!!! :ouch: :dunce:

Well, now I will really make sure I do well in the next round. Good luck everybody! 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back