GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship Pre-season test (India) - 2nd OctoberF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter Ardius
  • 23 comments
United Kingdom
Manchester
Ardius_
GTP Formula 1 World Championship Test Session
picture.php

f1_grand_prix_logo.jpg

Hello all, welcome to the unofficial GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship India Test session for Codemasters' Formula 1 2011 This is being organised for fun and as such, drivers of all levels of skill are welcome!

This is a test race weekend for the online racing component of F1 2011, to get everyone used to the physics, gadgets and rules present in this new game, to become familiar with a brand new track and to have a bit of fun with trusted clean racers rather than random people.

Hopefully I will be organising an 8th GTP Championship in the coming month or so that will follow on from this test.

Rules
  • Collisions and damage will be on - which means we expect all drivers to wait for any drivers they have accidentally knocked out of the race and give their position back.
  • During racing, it is also expected of all drivers to comply with the 1 block rule. Any drivers found to be repeatedly ignoring this rule will firstly have points docked, and, if the driver still refuses to comply, the driver will be kicked from the championship and lose all points.
  • Please keep within the confines of the track with at least two wheels inside the white line designating the edge of the track at all times. Please do not take advantage of any corner-cutting exploits present in the game.

Driving Aids
All assists will be set to Off except for Manual/Automatic gears.
I'm willing to listen to people's thoughts on the driving line aid, considering this is just a test for fun on a brand new track for all of us.
Brake Assist – Banned
ABS – Banned
Traction Control – Banned
Dynamic Racing Line – Allowed/Banned
Gearbox – Allowed

Simulation settings
Tyre Simulation: On
Fuel Simulation: On
Flags and Penalties: Realistic (may be switched to Reduced)
Performance: Equal (some races may be switched to 2011)
Car damage: Full
Collisions: On (may be switched to Off for some races)

Drivers
Ardius (PSN: Ardius_)
karolinho (PSN: karolisnaste)
Olvi (PSN: Olvi-)
kimione (PSN: klonkku666)
FuSiioN_HaVoC (PSN: FuSiioN_HaVoC)
Zilla (PSN: F1_Zilla)
TheBook (PSN: GTP_ty00123)
PAWEL17 (PSN: PAWEL17)

Schedule
Currently the plan is to run several Qualifying+Race 20% race distance sessions on the New Dehli track. In between some of these we will run some reverse-grid 3-lap races as well as various other settings (2011-performance, random grids, heavy rain, light rain, collisions off, collisions on, etc).
I will decide when we are doing what on the day.

Organisation
I'm currently thinking of starting about 8pm UK time (currently GMT+1) this Sunday - the 2nd October. I will open a private lobby and send PSN invites to anyone interested in coming racing. So anyone who wants to race on Sunday, please send me a PSN friend request before then.
I will try to keep the lobby running as long as possible and get as much racing in as we possibly can. So don't worry if you can't make this time or can only come and race for a short time, as all are welcome.

Obviously the lobby limit is 16 players, so if we find ourselves with a full lobby, it might be worth someone else opening a 2nd lobby. But lets judge that by how many people are initially interested first.

The track and its limits
The new India track has very little in the way of penalties for running wide and generally not driving on the track. So I ask people please to try their best not to run wide and "accidentally" miss their braking zones. The last sector of the lap is obviously extremely easy to simply miss all of the corners and carry tonnes of speed. The gravel traps don't appear to do anything as well.
So at least practice this track a little bit before turning up and be mindful of everyone braking properly for corners and not just steam-rolling like 90% of the players online.
However it is a test session and we are here to have a bit of fun so do not take things too seriously if people repeatedly run wide! They are only spoiling their own fun if they choose to cheat. There are no prizes for winning here.

Car Selection
There are no limits on car selection, its first come, first serve!

Last edited:
Sounds good, but don't be too lenient on things like penalties and collisions. Also, I think that it would be a good idea to wait for the official championship until after they release the next patch to see if they fix the 11/11 "exploit".

^Sorry guys, I was going to run it on Saturday but I'm now busy. However, there is nothing to stop people also organising an event in parallel to this one, if someone is willing to organise it (all it takes really is someone who has the free time to hang about all night and accept friend requests and invite people).

Sounds good, but don't be too lenient on things like penalties and collisions. Also, I think that it would be a good idea to wait for the official championship until after they release the next patch to see if they fix the 11/11 "exploit".

This isn't the championship, this is strictly a test session only. I realise there are issues with the game currently and its why I've not created and started the full blown series yet.
The point of this is to see what the game is like in a ultra-competitive environment and also to get a private game running with clean racers.

I don't want to run this too strictly because its difficult to do so without getting into arguments and because I really don't care if some people choose to run with exploits or cutting corners. If they do, they are only shooting themselves in the foot when and if these problems are fixed because they will have had limited running with proper settings and learnt racing lines which result in penalties.
This is just for fun and for a bit of practice racing against some of the best players. If people choose to cheat their way to wins, then its only their own hollow glory.

There are also a host of other reasons I want to do this test session:
-To get an idea of the effect of lag.
-To see if there are any hidden online issues and exploits.
-To properly test out the effects of the new features (safety cars, Kers, DRS) and their effects on how our races run.
These and more will help me get a feel for how I want to run the next championship, even if the test is slightly spoiled by poor penalties and setup exploits.

The proper championship will be more stricter but I've never run any of my championships super-strict mind. I've tried to keep a balance of fair racing but also fun racing. Once people start getting into arguments and becoming stressed about the game, it isn't fun anymore. I'd rather avoid that by encouraging people to build a good deal of patience and understanding that we aren't going to strictly enforce rules to the letter.
Its inevitable people will feel aggrieved and the adrenaline can kick in or post-race fury and its also inevitable arguments will start about certain people being involved in accidents. Once people get competitive, they are obviously going to get more and more frustrated with others' mistakes. So the more lenient we can get people's mindsets the better.

So yeah, while everyone should expect clean racing and no cheating, of course, also keep in mind it is also a game, we are here for fun and that it is not worth getting worked up about.

Im down for this! I will be running with 6 6 6 6 suspension settings. :)

E: I vote for banned racing line.

I guess slow and steady can win the race, as long as your opponents spin out all the time. :P

Just me and Ardius_ :(

Ardius did you drive the whole race with full revs? Autogears? o.0

If you had stayed longer, we had several races later with at least 3 of us.

And I use auto gears (due to Codemasters never giving us decent throttle control using buttons..and I hate changing gear with an analogue stick or with buttons) but the reason I was so slow was I kept spinning, especially in the final corner. I've not got fully used to the track yet or the physics in the game though I wasn't far off your pace.
I was starting to run faster and more consistent laps later on in the other races. Its a shame you left so early.

I guess slow and steady can win the race, as long as your opponents spin out all the time. :P

:P
Good racing.

Cheers to everyone who turned up. Shame there wasn't many of us in the end but at least I've done a little fiddling and got an idea what I need to be doing when I organise the championship.

I want to join.

Sign me up PSN: Silent7Sniper7

Also could you put driving line to breaking only, ive only just got the game

This ended ages ago (the date is in the thread title).

I am not planning on running the championship anymore as I personally have lost a lot of interest in this game due to its many bugs and issues. The time its taken to patch the game has completely dropped my interest and now the patch has arrived its not even sorted half the problems out.

Ah that sucks....

Between the people in the MR S championship, the random Sunday racers and the guys listed on the front page on this thread I though there'd be a decent number of people to enter.

crooky369
Ah that sucks....

Between the people in the MR S championship, the random Sunday racers and the guys listed on the front page on this thread I though there'd be a decent number of people to enter.

Or organise willing people into one big group. I just want a competition to race, with GTP drivers. I really cant be bothered joining the codemasters forums.

Back