GTRA | World Rally Championship | Season 2 in January 2012

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 821 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Region coded( whatever they're on about there ) not region locked. I had to call my brother stationed over in Germany to clear that up.

I thought if you're playing in HD which I'm sure most of us are, it's not bound by PAL or NTSC. I have a couple of games from overseas and they play just fine. I know the discs are region marked.

@ ELmarcotuff - welcome to the series! 👍 :cheers:
pet.gif

club.gif

I'm taking this.:D
pet.gif

I got a good idea instead 3 stages make 4. 1st two can be the normal special stages. 3rd can be a super special stage like a head to head race. then last tge power stage

Instead of 3 stages lets have 4. The 1st two stages can be the normal special stages. Than the third can be a super special so like a head to head race. Then finally the power stage.

I got a good idea instead 3 stages make 4. 1st two can be the normal special stages. 3rd can be a super special stage like a head to head race. then last tge power stage

Instead of 3 stages lets have 4. The 1st two stages can be the normal special stages. Than the third can be a super special so like a head to head race. Then finally the power stage.
The main issue with head to head racing in rally is the obvious dust trail, it can be attempted, but I don't see most anyone passing anyone with that rooster tail they kick off, especially in active snow. :eek:

As far as I know, all real life rally events are staged, though we could attempt a "staged event" at some point, with up to 6 cars on a large track. (Each car leaves 20 seconds apart)

What about the tarmac versions? Tokyo Bay could work. I like the current schedule though. :)
I would really like to do "staged" runs at some point if possible, unsure about a "regular race" so to speak, kind of defies the point of rallying to me, if only a bit. :indiff:

I have an idea how we can do it on an off road track. Set up two points at the beginning of the track which would end up being two cars. The two competitors line up back to back. On a certain count they go. One driver goes in the forward direction and the other reverse direction. Once they come back to the start they do a 180 around the beginning points (stationady cars) and then go back to where they started

Like DiRT 3's Rally Cross? Or RallyX? What's it called again? :lol:
Depends on track length/time how many people could at once, but here's an example:
5 cars starting a race. 1st car leaves on GO!, 2nd car goes at 15-20 second mark, 3rd car at 30-40 second mark, etc.
We could do 15 seconds, or 20-30 seconds between the cars, depending on stage length and track size.

Obviously not an "every time" thing most likely, but to make one or two events have mandatory dates to show for proper staging could be fantastic.

I want to get in on this! Depending on how much time Forza is going to drag out of me.

Not much in terms of the UPDATE and DLC :(

Oh, that kart track can be used for a Power Stage actually.

No new themes in course-maker though, as well as point-to-point option.

Depends on track length/time how many people could at once, but here's an example:
5 cars starting a race. 1st car leaves on GO!, 2nd car goes at 15-20 second mark, 3rd car at 30-40 second mark, etc.
We could do 15 seconds, or 20-30 seconds between the cars, depending on stage length and track size.

Obviously not an "every time" thing most likely, but to make one or two events have mandatory dates to show for proper staging could be fantastic.

Had this in mind but thought that consistency would be a problem, but a 1-off event could be a great idea 👍

Lemme sleep on this and ill come up with something :D

Hello everyone!

My internet connection is down :( (I've been without internet since Friday, currently using another computer :scared:)

Sadly, I might not make it to tomorrow's Season Opener :nervous:

I hope I can join you tomorrow... because I still have to download the new update, and that might take ages thanks to Mexico's poorest internet service... 👎

Hope to see you soon :nervous:

I'd like to check this out, I can possibly run every category.

I signed into the Google docs and picked the WRC category, only car available to select was the Corolla, thats cool as its my daily driver IRL

Last edited:
I signed into the Google docs and picked the WRC category, only car available to select was the Corolla, thats cool as its my daily driver IRL

or are there more cars to select from?

or are there more cars to select from?

In the WRC class that's all that's left currently.

Yes, its the only one left.

I'm releasing required car specs in a bit along with new regulations in lieu of the update - im stuck at a meeting at the moment. What i can say though is DLC will be required to run one of the Power Stages which is the new Kart Track :cheers:

@ CSL - i forgot the '95 Corolla was a premium, should we switch it with the standard '99 and bring it over to WRC?

I'm releasing required car specs in a bit along with new regulations in lieu of the update - im stuck at a meeting at the moment. What i can say though is DLC will be required to run one of the Power Stages which is the new Kart Track :cheers:

@ CSL - i forgot the '95 Corolla was a premium, should we switch it with the standard '99 and bring it over to WRC?

That Kart track is too good to use just for karts ;) Might have it as a round in WSB..

And isn't it the '95 Celica btw?

That Kart track is too good to use just for karts ;) Might have it as a round in WSB..

And isn't it the '95 Celica btw?
I believe it's a 95 Celica and 98 Corolla.

I don't think the 95 Celica can keep up with the WRC class, I could be wrong, but I think it fits better with the promo class field.👍

Ah, forget it then :)

Got it all mixed up.

Series starts as planned on Thursday - no time to edit the OP until i get home though.

👍

Ah, forget it then :)

Got it all mixed up.

Series starts as planned on Thursday - no time to edit the OP until i get home though.

👍
BTW it's SS02 Snow that I got downloaded and shared, it's SS01 I need yet.

Look forward to getting this under way. :cheers:

Wooow! Barely made it! I managed to get back my internet connection just in time :) Can't wait for this thing to start! :dopey:

I just sent a FR Masi ;)

Later! 👍

SS01 Online.

Final PP Regulations for all cars. Host Checklist to follow soon.

WRCSpecs.png

PROMOTIONSSpecs.png

Last edited:
Eric Dickerson?
That's awesome! :lol:

Maybe I'm to old that I know the name...You ever play for the Colts Masi? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back