Guffaluff's Interlagos Lap Chart

• Thread starter Guffaluff
  • 4 comments
Iceland
Iceland
Guffaluff
I've always liked doing lap charts. Been doing them since back in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and done it on every game since. For GT7, I had one for the Nordschleife, but following the major physics update with game version 1.49, I'm starting anew!

As I generally don't have a bunch of free time, I went with a slightly shorter track this time around: Interlagos. I chose Interlagos as it is a pretty well balanced track, with high speed and technical parts .. and I really like that track :D

So these are my settings/guidelines:
  • Each car I take to the track is chosen at random using the "Pick a Random Car" feature over at kudosprime.com
  • I don't do cars that have no cockpit view, as I drive in VR.
  • BoP is set to off, so all "Gr." cars are driven at their stock power/weight. This is done since BoP is ever changing.
  • Driven in "Custom Race" with "Real" grip reduction and 1x tire wear.
  • Time of day is set to "Evening" and Preset Weather set at C05. Equal conditions on, to guarantee the exact same conditions for each run.
  • If "Status" is set as "Stock", the car is driven 100% stock, as the game hands it to you. That means no upgrades via the Tuning Shop/GT Auto, default tires, default setup, etc.
  • If "Status" is set as "Tuned", the car has some modifications done to it.
  • ABS is on "Default". Other aids are off most of the time, but I might use TCS in some rare instances if I deem it neccesary, but only if the real world car has that as an option.
  • I use the appropriate shifting method for each car, be it paddle shifter, sequential stick or clutch + H-pattern.
  • Gear: Fanatec CSL DD GT Pro (8nm) - Fanatec CSL Pedals w/Loadcell - Fanatec Clubsport Shifter - Next Level Racing Wheelstand || PlayStation 5 + PSVR2
  • "Top Speed" is the speed reached at the finish line.
  • I only do limited number of laps per car, and I'm no alien, so laptimes are not top level. I'm not chasing perfect laps, but try to get what I feel is a decent, clean lap for each car.

Below is a link to my Playlist on YouTube, with replay footage of each lap. Once I add to the chart, I'll post comments below with my thoughts on each car.

Hope you guys enjoy :cheers:
-------
LINK TO YOUTUBE PLAYLIST

LEADERBOARD:
1724250738706.png

Attachments

• 1722508745007.png
    1722508745007.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hotlap #8 - Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '95
Time: 1:58.043

Surprisingly fun and grippy for a relatively low power FF car. Didn't take long to get a decent lap, but I found myself doing more laps then needed purely as I was having so much fun! Great sound as well.

It's the first FF car I drive with the new physics, and I feel like they're a much nicer experience then before.

Chart is updated in the post, slots in comfortably ahead of the 300SL '54.

2 more laps on the board today!

Hotlap #9 - Subaru Gr.B Road Car
Time: 1:45.598

A bit on the understeery side, but very easy do throw around a track with the wide body and 4WD. Beats the Cayman GT4 road car by 0.088 seconds!

Hotlap #10 - Porsche 911 GT3 (996) NA '01
Time: 1:47.074

A pleasure to drive, like most Porsches honestly. Brakes could be slightly better, but it simply rolls around the corners and the lap came quickly. Very nice sound as well! It's in close contention with the Camaro SS, but beats it by apx. half a second.

Chart is updated in the original post.

Last edited:
More additions! Two more cars on the board. Chart updated in the original post.

Hotlap #11 - Audi TTS Coupé '09
Time: 1:51.485

Surprisingly, the TTS was a bit nervous under breaking, with the rear end trying to step out. But with the 4WD it proved to be a easy ride regardless. It slots in behind the Tesla Model S, 2.3sec slower.

Hotlap #12 - Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept
Time: 1:31.565

Next up is the 2nd Gr.3 car on the board so far, the other being the Alfa Gr.3. The Mazda beats it by apx. half a second, taking 2nd place on the board so far, behind only the mighty Escudo.

Hotlap #13 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '89
Time: 1:51.023

Finally got around to adding to the lapchart. Next one up was the Corvette ZR-1 (C4). It comes on Comfort Softs and it's a super fun car to throw around! It has exactly the right amount of oversteer, but remains quite stable. Beats out the '90 TTS Coupé by roughly 4 tenths.

Original post updated.

Back