Guys is this right or a misprinted

United States
Heaven
Code:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-amd-a8-series-8gb-memory-750gb-hard-drive-black/9189066.p?id=1219398343122&skuId=9189066

399$ what

Some of the laptops that ASUS has come out are really shifty when it comes to quality. Their products aren't particularly bad, but they tend to put out some batches with defects. Just be careful when purchasing.

Also, leap frog that HP ********.

Yeah, I would be a bit careful with ASUS. Not necessarily that their products are bad, but there have been many problems with customer support, etc.

HP sucks, the make crap and have crap support.

ASUS is good, so is Acer.

You just said the most blasphemous thing "Acer is good"?

Acer is horrible

HP are good computers in australia, and due to our consumer laws they will help you even after your warranty has run out.

In Australia Asus are good PCs, but they will NOT sell you parts for it even if it is out of warranty.
If you want it repaired you send it in to their service center.

You just said the most blasphemous thing "Acer is good"?

Acer is horrible

HP are good computers in australia, and due to our consumer laws they will help you even after your warranty has run out.

In Australia Asus are good PCs, but they will NOT sell you parts for it even if it is out of warranty.
If you want it repaired you send it in to their service center.

It is opposite over here.

HP is devil and Acer is decent.

It is opposite over here.

HP is devil and Acer is decent.

Acer are an okay budget brand but the machine life isn't great and nor is the after-sales. If you're reasonably savvy then that isn't a problem, of course.

I'm not sure why you've had such trouble with HP, I'd normally recommend them above any like-for-like model.

@Chikane; don't do it, the laptop is good (though limited to 8Gb) but the onboard graph card isn't a good one at all. If you plan to play some games on it then this isn't the one. If it's a purely office-type machine then it's good to go :)

At that price point, it really doesn't matter which brand. a 400-dollar laptop is crap.

And HP makes some damn good stuff. They just don't sell it at Best Buy. Their consumer goods are MUCH different than their business line. Enough to be from different companies.

And HP makes some damn good stuff. They just don't sell it at Best Buy. Their consumer goods are MUCH different than their business line. Enough to be from different companies.

Ah, I only get my hands on corporate Dell or HP and build my own PCs at home... so I may have given duff advice for this particular market :)

I've never had a problem with Dell or HP.

I'm currently on a factory refurbished HP and it does what I want as far as gaming/simulation/school/entertainment purposes.. Of course once they do get to the end of their lives they drag you with them, but it is an overall okay company. Support is beyond me, I never really care to call them up rather than youtube the problem and get it solved that way.

At that price point, it really doesn't matter which brand. a 400-dollar laptop is crap.

Please forgive me for this being my budget :dopey: anyway i bought the Hp if it turns out to be good :cheers: if not whatever could always save for another :gtpflag:

I just checked the link for the laptop, should have done that before commenting but that was all from post knowledge.

Here is what I got, I paid $450 for it, factory refurbished but I have never requested what was wrong. I believe my dad did and said it was just return after a slight scratch on the top, no larger than 1/4"..
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/envy-touchsmart-15/landing.html

I'm not sure exactly what model (I keep forgetting) but what I do know is it's the 15" TS (touchsmart, don't really like because of the uber reflective screen) with the quad core.. On my old dell desktop running Flight Simulator 9 I averaged 22-18 fps with all my free/payware and now I'm up to 45-60. I don't need much more because anything above 40 fps is fine, but I'd rather have the faster cpu and more ram for all my intensive work..

And anything above a 15" laptop is outlandish, and wont fit in the many bags I have..

Battery life though isn't good

Back