Harsh penalties?

• Thread starter ApexCris
  • 4 comments
Denmark
The Crucible
So i just picked up GT sport a couple of weeks ago, and i was absolutely loving it. I always found the penalty systems in GT5/6 to be too inconsistent to allow for enjoyable racing. My first impressions of GT Sport were really good, and the penalty system seemed to be much improved over the older GT games... That was untill i made it to S sportsmanship rating and A driver rating. Now i'm getting penalties constantly, for minor contact with other cars that i have no fault in or any chance to avoid. Being new to GT Sport, i was wondering if the penalties get more harsh the higher DR/SR you are, and if yes, any word on whether PD are looking to tweak these systems?

So i just picked up GT sport a couple of weeks ago, and i was absolutely loving it. I always found the penalty systems in GT5/6 to be too inconsistent to allow for enjoyable racing. My first impressions of GT Sport were really good, and the penalty system seemed to be much improved over the older GT games... That was untill i made it to S sportsmanship rating and A driver rating. Now i'm getting penalties constantly, for minor contact with other cars that i have no fault in or any chance to avoid. Being new to GT Sport, i was wondering if the penalties get more harsh the higher DR/SR you are, and if yes, any word on whether PD are looking to tweak these systems?
They tweaked it a few weeks back which broke the system a fix should be out soon though

they're still working on it, a lot of people think its too harsh at the moment so they'll probably alter it a little. i don't know if it gets more severe the higher you get, it didn't before but people say it does now.

I got 2 instances that I found too harsh.
Both of them I didn’t even see or feel the touch with the guy in front. One was a 2s penalty that didn’t actually make a difference in the race result. The other one though, completely ruined my race and it made me anxious, so it made me make mistakes.
A 3s penalty for, again, NOT touching the guy in front at Blue Moon. I tried to coast to pay the penalty and it worked, but it sent me down the grid. Then I went to the pit and accidentally didn’t change my tires and forgot about the influence of draft and coasting on fuel consumption.
Ended up withou fuel mid last lap and finished last. Lost almost 4K DR points.

I hope they change it somehow. But those were the only times I had problems with it.

Back