Has Anybody Managed to Recover Corrupt GT7 Save Data?

• Thread starter Doomotron
  • 22 comments
United Kingdom
England
Doomotron
My save data corrupted a few days ago. On the same day I sent a data recovery request but I have received nothing back, not even a confirmation email. Has anybody had any success with recovering their save file or is it a lost cause?

Also, the game gives me the option to 'try writing the data again' - what will this do?

Just wanted to ask, is there another way to get their attention other than the form? I sent another request but like the first I have received no response whatsoever. I heard you could tweet someone to get it fixed; is that still a thing?

Heartbreaking when this happens. Happened to me on Borderlands 3 after completing the game and all the DLC twice with all four characters.
Best of luck buddy🤞

Heartbreaking when this happens. Happened to me on Borderlands 3 after completing the game and all the DLC twice with all four characters.
Best of luck buddy🤞
The difference is that PD create backups and can restore save data as the data is all online, which means there is nothing stopping them from copying my Monday save to be the one the game looks for - I just need them to respond to my form request and actually do it. Surely it can't take this long?

That’s good then buddy. At least you will get your save data back.
My concern is that it's been almost a week and I haven't heard anything back, not even a confirmation email. I've considered spamming them but I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do.

My save data corrupted a few days ago. On the same day I sent a data recovery request but I have received nothing back, not even a confirmation email. Has anybody had any success with recovering their save file or is it a lost cause?

Also, the game gives me the option to 'try writing the data again' - what will this do?
It is very sad. It can happen to any of us at any time. It costs a lot of work to buy expensive cars and we can lose everything. Plus, I don't think you can play right now. This is because a couple of scammers overwrote the local backup files. I don't understand why they can't encrypt these local files so that no one can mess around. Then it would be our responsibility to make a daily backup, even to a USB drive and restore it in case of an error.

This happened a while ago.

I tried the save data recovery request form submission.

But then since a reply won't be instant, I then decided to delete the "Corrupted Data" in the PS4's storage, but the other two save files are still intact. I was assuming that since PD's servers have a copy of my save, the game will automatically download it once I started the game.

I then rebooted the game, and voila, my save is back.

But it's corrupted anyways :boggled:
My thought was that 'writing' suggests it is changing the data rather than trying to load it, which could make it worse. That's unless it's a High Speed Link-style mistranslation.
This happened a while ago.

I tried the save data recovery request form submission.

But then since a reply won't be instant, I then decided to delete the "Corrupted Data" in the PS4's storage, but the other two save files are still intact. I was assuming that since PD's servers have a copy of my save, the game will automatically download it once I started the game.

I then rebooted the game, and voila, my save is back.
So exactly what was your process, so I can repeat it?

So exactly what was your process, so I can repeat it?
Well, I can't guarantee it'll work, but here's what I did:

- After my data got corrupted, I immediately headed over to GT7's save data recovery request. I simply logged in to PSN and then I submitted the said request.

- I deleted the "Corrupted Save Data" in GT7's folder in the saved data storage in PS4. There are two other save files that I did not delete.

- I booted up the game, then after the usual loading, I got back to the World Map and I got my save back, with the current progress and everything.

Last edited:
Well, I can't guarantee it'll work, but here's what I did:

- After my data got corrupted, I immediately headed over to GT7's save data recovery request. I simply logged in to PSN and then I submitted the said request.

- I deleted the "Corrupted Save Data" in GT7's folder in the saved data storage in PS4. There are two other save files that I did not delete.

- I booted up the game, then after the usual loading, I got back to the World Map and I got my save back, with the current progress and everything.
Did you ever receive an email from Poly?

I didn't get an email, they just... Did it. To be honest, that needs improving because if you didn't tell me I'd just assume it would be most forever. Really they should have told me what to do...
Have they sent you compensation for the time you couldn't play? 😉

Friend of mine had the same issue last week, followed the procedure and no answer so far. The best choice is to make a back up on the external drive.

Latest Posts

Back