Has anyone actually seen a car pick up "oil stains" in a race?

• Thread starter Nebuc72
  • 10 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
In Scapes (and Race Photos) we have the option of enabling/disabling oil stains on a car (see dirty cars in pic) - the type of mess you see in real life after the cars have been racing for a while. (I know I've been blabbering on about this in the Discussion thread but... what can I say. I'm a saddo.)

1647732568768.png

I've done quite a few long races in GT7 (3+ hours), and no matter what I do I've never seen a car actually accumulate anything aside from a base layer of dust. The fact it exists within race photos as a toggle means we're supposed to see it in races, as otherwise we'd have no reason to want to disable it.

I'm starting to assume this feature is actually completely unimplemented, so I'd love to be proven wrong.

This is not in the game unfortunately.
I also kind of dislike the shininess of the cars, it's too much.
That's a shame, because it must have intended to be.
It's an option you can toggle on the display of the car in race replays, meaning it was meant to show up.. in races.

Would be interesting to know if it was in 1.05 and got removed among the other effects.
Don't think so, I've done these races since release every now and then (certainly did one before 1.06).

If it was removed, it was still at a point where it will never be seen to most people - I think the most likely outcome is that it's just not in game, which is very disappointing.

In Scapes (and Race Photos) we have the option of enabling/disabling oil stains on a car (see dirty cars in pic) - the type of mess you see in real life after the cars have been racing for a while. (I know I've been blabbering on about this in the Discussion thread but... what can I say. I'm a saddo.)

View attachment 1126416

I've done quite a few long races in GT7 (3+ hours), and no matter what I do I've never seen a car actually accumulate anything aside from a base layer of dust. The fact it exists within race photos as a toggle means we're supposed to see it in races, as otherwise we'd have no reason to want to disable it.

I'm starting to assume this feature is actually completely unimplemented, so I'd love to be proven wrong.
Kinda spot on, just slightly exaggerated, what people might think are oil stains are actually a mixture of dirt and other substances, but it's actually mostly dead insects which tend to come out during the evening.

Here's an example, using the Corvettes at Le Mans in 2017, this is what they looked like just before sunset:
63 Corvette Racing - GM USA - Chevrolet Corvette C7R - Jan Magnussen DNK, Antonio Garcia ESP, ...jpg

This is how it ends up looking at around 10-11am the following morning:
64 Corvette Racing - GM USA - Chevrolet Corvette C7R - Oliver Gavin GBR, Tommy Milner USA, Mar...jpg

Back