[HD] Midnight Tuner Battle: AE86 vs Sileighty

• Thread starter OK8
  • 8 comments

OK8

Finland
Glass Village
OK8_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaHZRswuKDc

A midnight battle around Nordschleife between AE86 and Sileighty.

The blue AE86 driven by OK8_ (Logitech G25 wheel, clutch, no aids, no ABS).
The purple Sileighty driven by oonjube (Logitech G27 wheel, clutch, no aids, no ABS).

Tyres were comfort soft.

That was intense. I can tell you guys are really putting 100% on this one. On this type of racing, I just snap and lose my concentration when it start to heat up. I sometimes end up crashing the other car and ruining the race. Especially the fast corners before the carousel and the last 4 corners after the back straight.

what a race, reminds me of the initial d chases minus the drifting!! it was tight all the way around, though sileighty was startin to fall behind it caught up and won....... Awesome race gents, lookin forward to the next round.

4:10: tough corner, was surprised you both kept your line!

I absolutely hate that corner. I can never get the line right.

I actually really like that corner. You're supposed to take such a late apex on it so it's easy to challenge someone in a braking duel an dive inside early (like I did here) and as it's banked it's really easy to hold it inside. It's also easy to defend for the same reasons, might be a bit slower going inside early but no-one's going to pass you from the outside there (except I've done it once :D).

Nice video, nice soundtrack (engine sounds and music)!

Amazing racing and LOVE the music, so chilling and fitting...

Glad to hear someone liked the music for a change. I often go through such an effort to include it and I still get the feeling people would prefer the videos pure sound. Thanks! 👍

Also the AE86 sounds really nice with a sports exhaust.

That was intense. I can tell you guys are really putting 100% on this one. On this type of racing, I just snap and lose my concentration when it start to heat up. I sometimes end up crashing the other car and ruining the race. Especially the fast corners before the carousel and the last 4 corners after the back straight.

In a normal race you can lose a few places and it's alright you can still hold a good position but in a duel like here it's really intense because you either win or lose. When it's as close as here and pitch black, all you can see from your mirrors is the other guy's headlights and it really puts pressure on you and that's what made us do silly mistakes like 2:45 and 3:35, just pushing it a little bit too far.

what a race, reminds me of the initial d chases minus the drifting!! it was tight all the way around, though sileighty was startin to fall behind it caught up and won....... Awesome race gents, lookin forward to the next round.

Yeah I was really hoping of doing some classic drift moves with the 86 but in a race as close as this I couldn't afford to drift, that thing just loses all speed when you throw the rear out.

Last edited:
You bet it was close. 1. its dark as hell 2. your rival is deep on your tailpipe 3. racin in "green hell" absolute focus and 0 errors. If it were me, i'd hang on but i know i wouldnt win it since i havent done a night race in the nordshleife. Time to practice

Back