[HD] Old RUF vs New RUF Nordschleife battle

• Thread starter OK8
  • 39 comments

OK8

Finland
Glass Village
OK8_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYqoKKQ0A-w

A battle between RUF BTR and RUF RGT (and a BMW M3 later on).
All cars were stock but power limited to 490pp and tyres were sports hard.

This video might not be quite as spectacular as others since all I can do is defend. Driving the BTR stock against such high caliber drivers meant I was under attack from the start and under tremendous pressure in the tight corners in the last section of the track. I knew if someone passed me I had no chance of regaining the position.

People taking part:
OK8_ blue BTR (G25 clutch no ABS)
inhakiller silver RGT (G27 clutch)
i-howeller black BMW M3

Thanks for watching.

Last edited:
That was great! It takes a huge amount of courage to drive the BTR on sports hards, especially online.

Very nicely done 👍 some wonderful car control there OK8 which was lovely to watch, especially from the roof cam of the preceding cars.

Just love the way you slid the car so "effortlessly" around a few of those corners. You did a mighty fine job of controlling that BTR. 👍

Amazing car control. Try that car (even harder YellowBird) um that second uphill corner on Spa (I know it's sad I don't know the name of it)

37kazzmark
Amazing car control. Try that car (even harder YellowBird) um that second uphill corner on Spa (I know it's sad I don't know the name of it)

Eau Rouge;)

Hei OK8! you have great videos man, very nice racing. It's always a pleasure driving with you and also appear in your replays. I always sweated very much racing against you man!, I'm sure thay you are the best & purister driver I've met on GT5:drool:. Thanks for putting replays on the net 👍

PD: I use a g25, and I started using clutch playing online because of watching you, now I'm better driver. See ya mate!

Always very good races with you inhakiller. All I can hope is we have more of them.

Thanks all for your nice comments. I'm glad you liked it.

This is not meant in a nasty way, but I just have one little `critisism.

When the BMW passed you on the straight, why didn`t you tuck in behind it & slipstream it to get past again, instead of staying on your line, or were you already on the limiter?
If you were, please accept my apology & ignore this post. :)

I wasn't on the limiter, I was just certain the BTR would blast the BMW on the straight even without slipstream but as it didn't happen I felt it rude to go for the slipstream later on because that would be timing it for a certain pass.

Often we have a rule of not slipstreaming on the backstraight to compare car's top speeds and having driven the yellowbird alot I believed the BTR would explode on the straightaway like the bird but it just didn't happen :(.

great clean racing :bowdown:

That is one of the better GT5 vids If seen in a while.
I can imagine the guy in the silver RGT sicking his teeth in his G25 when he spun out :lol:

Awesome control of a tail happy car. Great video too, picked the camera angles just right.

So close! This is how it should be done, too many people bash their way through online without picking the correct time to overtake. Patients, skill and bit of thought well demonstrated by all the drivers on this video.

That was great!! You can see that the rear of the car tries to slide away in every corner, but your driving skills were spectacular 👍

Masterful driving OK8! That old RUF handles like a greased bar of soap and the level of skill to keep those other cars at bay on the TGB (Twisty Green B*tch) is far beyond anything I will ever have. The muted trombone wah-wah at the end of the video? Priceless.

On spa with btr? (old ruf) just changing my LSD setting took 5-7 seconds off my laptime first lap.

Yeah I've heard most people go for LSD settings first when trying to tune these cars. I haven't bothered to tune any of my rufs yet, but with it's amazing power the Yellowbird could be made into a serious racer. I have to look into it some day.

TP3
Masterful driving OK8! That old RUF handles like a greased bar of soap and the level of skill to keep those other cars at bay on the TGB (Twisty Green B*tch) is far beyond anything I will ever have. The muted trombone wah-wah at the end of the video? Priceless.

Twisty green bitch :lol: Glad you liked it.

I wish they gave us some premium RUFs next DLC, but i can only wish :)

Fantastic control man, what view mode do you use?

Thanks! 👍 Premium RUFs would be fantastic. I hope they'd handle the same way though.

I used the standard cockpit view. I always use cockpits unless the mirrors are bad like they are on some cars.

Theres lots of potential on these porsches. But it requires skill too. I had a setup for mine which was dialed, sadly i only have one video of it and its on autumn ring so its mostly sideways. Used to run 500pp races with it and completely killed it. Though it requires knowledge of driving porsches.

if you want the pre-ballast setup
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=171536
just add maybe 50kg ballast at the front, it really calms the car down

Last edited:
Back