Headphone suggestion

• Thread starter TB
  • 5 comments

TB

Space Lord
United States
NoDak
Cy-Fi
I'm in the market for a bluetooth headset. Historically, my headsets have been 1) wired and 2) ear hook style because ear buds (like the stock iWhatevers) don't fit my ear canal for crap. These have been my favorites since forever:

k2-_5ee9caf1-7f16-4f8f-875e-1745c0420a10.v1.jpg-ef7cad3d13c5661602e277107119aa9e58bc92b0-optim-450x450.jpg

In the move from wired to wireless, these then seem like a logical choice but then I same across this pair.

This is ultimately the point of the thread - I've never owned a pair with a "hook" that goes in your ear so I have some concerns with how well they'll stay put.

Thoughts?

Suggestions/recommendations? And keep in mind that I'm not looking for anything more expensive than the ones I've linked to so in the less than $30 range.

Philips earbuds aren't bad quality. In my opinion, not the best, but very good nonetheless for a decent price.

If ones like the Jokeret don't fit your ear canal, I just wouldn't get it. I have the same problem (and I thought I was the only one until now haha), and I just don't bother getting those style.

If I find something else, I'll edit this post...

Philips earbuds aren't bad quality. In my opinion, not the best, but very good nonetheless for a decent price.
I have no problem with how the Philips sound but I'm in no way looking for audiophile quality. Especially for $7. My problem with them is simply that they're wired.
If ones like the Jokeret don't fit your ear canal, I just wouldn't get it. I have the same problem (and I thought I was the only one until now haha), and I just don't bother getting those style.
That's just it - I've never used a pair like that so I don't know how they fit. I have seen people with the Bose version so I'm inclined to say they must be decent, especially with the assorted clips. There has to be some combination that will work! :lol:

Unfortunately, the only wireless one that I could find that didn't have the ear-jammers was only one earbud, not a pair :(

However, I did find these. They have ear-jammers, but they have around-the-ear hooks, and from reviews, great sound quality (even though that's not your main focus). Same with these.

I just put an order in for a Parasom A1 as they come with both the in ear hook and the over the ear hook.

51YOIQStXNL._SY400_.jpg

I'll update after they arrive.

As stated, I ordered a Parasom A1.

Pics:

2016-02-25 20.38.20.jpg

Box. Duh.

20160225_170929.jpg

Unboxed - carrying case, headphones, charge cable, assorted ear cussions, in ear hooks and over the ear hook.

20160225_171331.jpg

The pre-installed tips and hook fit pretty well.

20160225_171458.jpg

Far from the reason I bought them but the magnet/necklace thing is a nice touch, even if it's not that strong.​

Sound:

Some of the reviews complained about the lack of bass. While I initially agreed (but only slightly) a quick tweak of the EQ solved that. So far, I've listened to Shinedown, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Yo-Yo Ma, Metallica and The Heavy with no complaints whatsoever.

So far I'm very pleased. Now I have to see how well they hold up and how long the battery lasts.

Latest Posts

Back