HELP !!! Car loses controll/ drifts on straight high speeds (350 kmh+)

• Thread starter Andrew3173
  • 11 comments
Italy
Italy
So i swapped my 92 nsx with the hr 414e engine, but after reaching high speeds, in my case after about 350 kmh, the car starts turning, it's really annoying and prevents me from being fast on straight's, i understand that this phenomenon is called aerodynamic lift, and the way to solve is by either, reducing the rake or raising the aerodinamics settings, which i have tried but with no positive results, i really dont know how to solve this please help!

Last edited:
So i swapped my 92 nsx with the hr 414e engine, but after reaching high speeds, in my case after about 350 kmh, the car starts turning, it's really annoying and prevents me from being fast on straight's, i understand that this phenomenon is called aerodynamic lift, and the way to solve is by either, reducing the rake or raising the aerodinamics settings, which i have tried but with no positive results, i really dont know how to solve this please help!
Are you building it for SSRX?

If so, you can put the grippiest tyres available at the back and something like Sports Softs or Hards up front and you’ll notice it doesn’t want to wander about at high speeds.

Mines perfectly stable up to and over 300mph(482kph). ;)

But for anyway else, I recommend more rear downforce, less front downforce, some Toe In angle on the front and bump up the ride hight a little bit.

Are you building it for SSRX?

If so, you can put the grippiest tyres available at the back and something like Sports Softs or Hards up front and you’ll notice it doesn’t want to wander about at high speeds.

Mines perfectly stable up to and over 300mph(482kph). ;)

But for anyway else, I recommend more rear downforce, less front downforce, some Toe In angle on the front and bump up the ride hight a little bit.
Wow 482 kph! Mine reaches 410 at the most, i used to rock less grippy tires at the front but came back to race softs cause that sacrifices too much steering angle for me, but i will try sport softs for sure! As for the height i set both front and rear at 100, also if i try increasing the rake, say 100 front 105/100 back, that makes it worse, and as for the toe in, i've set both front and rear at 50

Last edited:
The common ride height bug. Setting the suspension too low bottoms out the car, and it loses grip. Raise it and it'll grip.

I drove the Veyron on SSRX recently, completely stock, once it reaches 370 kmh and enters vmax mode (automatically drops suspension height) it just starts sliding uncontrollably. With sports soft tires it's far less pronounced though, but still there.

The common ride height bug. Setting the suspension too low bottoms out the car, and it loses grip. Raise it and it'll grip.

I drove the Veyron on SSRX recently, completely stock, once it reaches 370 kmh and enters vmax mode (automatically drops suspension height) it just starts sliding uncontrollably. With sports soft tires it's far less pronounced though, but still there.
Didnt know about this bug... so raising the ride height? Damn man that screws with the handling on corners, but will give it a try

Yep, raise the ride height, that will fix it. At the higher speeds, the downforce gets stronger and stronger until it causes the car to scrape the ground and you lose control.

Last edited:
Yep, raise the ride height, that will fix it. At the higher speeds, the downforce gets stronger and stronger until it causes the car to scrape the ground and you lose control.
What if i make the suspension stiffer?
Currently im on 3.10 on the front and 3.20 at the back

Last edited:
Might save you a millimeter or two, but you’re still going to have to raise it some.
Fact is i went from 100 both front and rear to 110 but with no luck, might have to raise it even further... shame that'll start to look like a monster truck lol

can you reduce the downforce?
I already did, went from 120 front 160 rear, to 60 front 130 rear, the issue is for example, when im going full beans on the straight of tokyo expressway the car takes flight at one point if im not maxed on the front downforce

Yeah, I was wrong on this. I thought it was a suspension bug, since the Veyron and Tomahawk were barely controllable. Raised the ride height of the Tomahawk (had it at minimum for the least drag on Route X) and it was much more stable. It wasn’t in the game before an earlier update. Hopefully they fix it at some point.

Last edited:
Back