Help! My GT5 keeps freezing!

Well, I say freezing, it's more getting stuck on the loading menu.

The most common scenario is when I visit either the Chevrolet or Daihatsu dealership. The little thumbnails of the cars along the bottom of the screen will not load properly (with only the borders appearing, not the pictures of the cars), and when I try to exit the dealership, the screen will go blank for a few seconds before a small GT logo appears in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. Interestingly, a similar thing happens in the Used Car Dealership, but only with those two manufacturers. The game also went through a phase of the same thing happening with Subaru and TVR, but that seems to have stopped.

It will also occasionally happen when a race is loading.

None of the updates seem to have fixed this; and before anyone asks, I've tried cleaning the disk several times and it hasn't worked. I've also checked for visual damage to the disk, and there doesn't appear to be any.

If anyone has a solution, or any idea why it might be happening, it would be much appreciated.

First, clear your network cache. If that does nothing, disconnect it from the internet and see if it makes a difference.

Well, I say freezing, it's more getting stuck on the loading menu.

The most common scenario is when I visit either the Chevrolet or Daihatsu dealership. The little thumbnails of the cars along the bottom of the screen will not load properly (with only the borders appearing, not the pictures of the cars), and when I try to exit the dealership, the screen will go blank for a few seconds before a small GT logo appears in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. Interestingly, a similar thing happens in the Used Car Dealership, but only with those two manufacturers. The game also went through a phase of the same thing happening with Subaru and TVR, but that seems to have stopped.

It will also occasionally happen when a race is loading.

None of the updates seem to have fixed this; and before anyone asks, I've tried cleaning the disk several times and it hasn't worked. I've also checked for visual damage to the disk, and there doesn't appear to be any.

If anyone has a solution, or any idea why it might be happening, it would be much appreciated.

Maybe you have to many Chevy's? LOL, you can never have to many Chevys! Maybe your file is to big?
Also, if you have the big ps3, like me, those are more prone to freezing. :(

First, clear your network cache. If that does nothing, disconnect it from the internet and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks. Thanks also 300CSRT8Fan. Yeah, I do have the fat PS3. I guess that one solution would be to get a new disk, since all my data will still be there (won't it?:confused:).

Last edited:
Have you fully installed the game on hdd? Also what gig is your ps3 and how much free space is there on it?
If I had your problem those would be the things I'd check.

Have you fully installed the game on hdd? Also what gig is your ps3 and how much free space is there on it?
If I had your problem those would be the things I'd check.

1. No, I haven't got round to it yet, but I've been meaning to for a while.
2. I have an 80gig fat PS3, and I'm not sure how much space I have. I'll check soon.

Thanks for all your help guys, and replying so quickly.👍

1. No, I haven't got round to it yet, but I've been meaning to for a while.
2. I have an 80gig fat PS3, and I'm not sure how much space I have. I'll check soon.

Thanks for all your help guys, and replying so quickly.👍

SO do I! It does that to me to. :( Once it did it while I was almost done tweaking a GT500, :grumpy: I had to start all over again! :grumpy:

Back