Help needed pan American championship

• Thread starter jimmyb5374
  • 12 comments
England
England
Can someone help me I’m losing my mind !!!

In the pan American blue moon speedway I’m running the suggested Camaro Zl1, I’ve tuned it loads but then added ballast and removed supercharger so it doesn’t just wheelspin, and tried all sports / racing tyres and it just spins out all the time , and I’ve then tried the ford gt40 , spins out all the time , and anything much less i have no chance of catching first 2 cars in the 6 laps …. I’m starting to want to throw my controller out the window lol … what car / combo of tyres and tuning actually works !!

Please help , I’m not the best driver but this is making me want to stop 2/3rds of the way through the menu books and just sack it off ..

Can someone help me I’m losing my mind !!!

In the pan American blue moon speedway I’m running the suggested Camaro Zl1, I’ve tuned it loads but then added ballast and removed supercharger so it doesn’t just wheelspin, and tried all sports / racing tyres and it just spins out all the time , and I’ve then tried the ford gt40 , spins out all the time , and anything much less i have no chance of catching first 2 cars in the 6 laps …. I’m starting to want to throw my controller out the window lol … what car / combo of tyres and tuning actually works !!

Please help , I’m not the best driver but this is making me want to stop 2/3rds of the way through the menu books and just sack it off ..
Use the GT40, take it to GT Auto and put a wing on it. It'll be a lot more stable then.

I almost posted about this myself. These American road cars are HORRIBLE at 700 PP. I just moved it over to easy mode and then started jacking traction control and other assist options. I used the Camero with all its upgrades, no particular tunings. The Corvette and Ford GT 40 were just as bad if not worse. Not even remotely fun but I got through it.

I ran the 02 Viper GTS with aero and racing hard tires. TC 1 most of the time, TC 2-3 for Interlagos; rear end didn't like dual hairpins much :\

I used the Corvette C7 '14 with racing hards. I also upgraded it a fair bit to something like 660pp. Wiped the floor tbh. I think 2nd place was 8secs behind. Hard difficulty.

Hi all , thanks for the replies , I used the Camaro zl1 in the end , bought the power restrictor and a big wing , dialled it down to 630 bhp and sports soft tyres and it was twitchy. It easily done then , used the same setup for all the pan American championship and came clean first in all of them …..

Thanks for all your help much appreciated

Hi all , thanks for the replies , I used the Camaro zl1 in the end , bought the power restrictor and a big wing , dialled it down to 630 bhp and sports soft tyres and it was twitchy. It easily done then , used the same setup for all the pan American championship and came clean first in all of them …..

Thanks for all your help much appreciated
Sometimes it takes several tries at tuning but once you get a car that you dial in right, you tend to reuse it as other events pop up. ....at least I have and one of those cars that I just happened to use in the PA Championship was the '15 5.0 Mustang. It was a prize car and what I had on hand but then I did so much to it that I ended up continuing to repurpose it for other races. ....adding modifications as needed. I really didn't want to start over right now doing that to another platform when I've sunk so much money into this one.

Grip is an issue even with slicks but like a lot of cars like this in GT7, you really need to think about how and where you apply the throttle. Use the power to your advantage in the right sections of the track. Be patient and roll on the throttle at the right time.
It's challenging for sure but you get the hang of it after a while. I find that the haptic feedback in the PS5 DS triggers really help out with this.

I like the less forgiving nature and added complexity of the new physics to be honest. It's more important now than ever to do all or most of your braking brake before a turn, throttle management to mitigate traction loss, etc.

It can be hard to resist applying throttle to soon but the "smoother is better" approach has been working for me.

I personally just try and use default cars so I get to drive a range of vehicles without needing to upgrade. Sometimes I've even lowered the AI difficulty rather than upgrading lol. Probably not in the spirit of the game, but I have different goals with this game.

I personally just try and use default cars so I get to drive a range of vehicles without needing to upgrade. Sometimes I've even lowered the AI difficulty rather than upgrading lol. Probably not in the spirit of the game, but I have different goals with this game.
Lowering AI and Overpowering with a car have basically the same effect. Hard mode without an OP car is a realistic goal I can work towards in this game, something the previous ones did not offer. I also noticed there is one "chili pepper" missing on the selection screen, so they may install a more difficult one later. Seems like a you need to be consistently under the Silver license line on the current hard mode with an evenly matched car.

I used my Corvette ZR1 with Sport softs. I think the only other upgrades I did was some aero and weight reduction. It was doable.

I used my Camaro on the Laguna Seca 700 with this setup and had a good time!(I have a video shared in the game for reference) TCS on 1 just to be a little more consistent. But full difficultly. I bet I'd have an easier time with this car on the Championship. It has much more grip than I expected! Keeping the stock tuned suspension helps. I find it's just better to do with some cars who already have purpose built setups in real life.

I'll pull out the fully customizable stuff when absolutely necessary, like when I put on race tires. But even then I always start with replicating the orginal setup then adding stiffness.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20220403103543.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20220403103543.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20220403103550.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20220403103550.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
It's interesting to hear some people say they hate the handling of the American cars, IMO straight out the box they are way better than any of my supercars and Japanese cars.

Back