Help with connecting the PS3 online

New Zealand
Christchurch
Hi, I would greatly appreciate some help with connecting my PS3 online.

I have tried several methods but none seem to work.

For instance when I select the "sign up to Playstation icon", text comes up saying " An error occurred during communication with the server. This is a DNS error. (80710102)"

I then tried to manually adjust the internet connection settings under "settings" but that has given me little success.

When selecting which method i would like to use to correct the settings, i choose easy but that came up with "the attempt to obtain an Ip address timed out".

I then choose custom > wired > Auto detect > Auto > do no set > Auto > Auto> Do not use proxy > Enable.

When testing this setting, it said:

Obtaining Ip address
Obtain Ip address: Checking... "the attempt to obtain an Ip address timed out".

I then adjusted the settings to custom > wired > Auto detect > Auto > do no set > Auto > Auto> Do not use proxy > disable.

When testing this setting, it said:

Obtaining Ip address
Obtain Ip address: succeeded
Internet connection: failed

"The attempt to obtain an Ip address timed out".

It then suggested me to adjust the PPPoE settings but I don't know what that is and where to find it.

Could someone please help?

I have a 40Gb fat Ps3 with a wired connection that is connected to a cable modem.

Unplug your modem then plug it back in and try again on the PS3.

This is in the wrong section. Move it to Computers & Technology

If this has just recently happend, just leave your PS3 and come back to it another day. This happend to me randomly, a DNS failer, I tried everything to fix it but it did not work.

Next day I logged in the PSN no probs.

Back