Don't be a fool.
Premium
United States
Frankfort, KY
GTP_FoolKiller
FoolKiller1979
2944196371_2c19d028a7_m.jpg
2944169741_6dbc224cef_m.jpg

So, UnoMOTO and I have been enjoying High Velocity Bowling from the PSN a lot since they added the patch for online multiplayer (with voice chat). Through a few discussions we have decided to see if we could organize a bowling league or competition within GT Planet.

We have had a few ideas from just a simple score total for the winner to a bracketed tournament style. And while typing this I even thought a long-term league type thing where you total up performance over a number of games would also be a good idea.

Anyway, if anyone is interested please reply with any ideas you may have. Once we get an idea of who all wants in we can organize something and go from there.

If you are interested and do not have the game it is on the PSN Store for $9.99. Also, if you want a few more options there are DLC characters and balls as well.
2945060322_ea8f9c0532.jpg

I am aware that Europe has not gotten this update yet and if there is a large amount of interest from European members we can easily postpone a bit if need be.

Also, one thing to consider about this is that the patch also added trophies, which can only be earned by playing online. This would be a fun way for trophy hunters to work toward a lot of these trophies.

Let us know if you are interested and if you have any ideas.

I'm certainly interested, but being in the UK need to wait for the patch.

Grrrrr - so want to play this one on-line.

Scaff

I was going to head in that direction of doing a league of many weeks before we break out the tournament. It would give people a chance to get the hang of it. Each round could have a head to head match up.

I was going to head in that direction of doing a league of many weeks before we break out the tournament. It would give people a chance to get the hang of it. Each round could have a head to head match up.
You are in a real league, how do you determine a league winner? Wins and losses? Total points?

Also, and this has little to do with this idea, but why on the scoring do they sometimes put circles around the score in the first frame? I know how to score bowling, but I have never done this. I have seen people do it, or something similar, when marking what gets added to a spare, but HVB seems to do it at random.

Last edited:
We have a team of four and play total pins with each game. The handicap makes it a bit cornfusing for me so I need to ask how that works. Each game is worth a point and we play three games per night. Total pins for the whole night is also worth a point, so each Friday a team could win up to four points. At the end if the year he with the most points gets the monies.

The circle around the number means that you suck because you just got a 'split' with that shot.

The circle around the number means that you suck because you just got a 'split' with that shot.
That explains why I couldn't figure it out. When I get a split I am too busy cursing and praying that I can save it to look at the score card.

Does it affect the score at all (aside from the split greatly reducing your odds of getting a spare) or is it just a notation?

I got my 25 win and 5000 pin trophies last night....woohoo
I got mine while I was home sick. It was tougher than I thought it would be because coughing really screws up my accuracy.
I also got 75 strikes and so only need 150 strikes and 250 point game online.

I also got 75 strikes and so only need 150 strikes and 250 point game online.

I'm sitting at about 130 strikes so I could finish that one up in a few hours. That 250 game is going to be a hard one to get.

this still on?
Well, considering I only found out recently that the online patch was rolled out worldwide I hadn't thought about it, but if interest is up for it then I am sure we can do it.

We will probably need to test to see if the online mode works across multiple regions.

I rolled a 276 online last night that gave me my last trophy of 250. Carl the mailman was hot!

It would be nice to have some other trophies like maybe picking up a 7-10 split, which I did the other day or why isn't there a 300 trophy?!

I rolled a 276 online last night that gave me my last trophy of 250. Carl the mailman was hot!
Congrats.

It would be nice to have some other trophies like maybe picking up a 7-10 split, which I did the other day or why isn't there a 300 trophy?!
They have a limit to how many trophies they can do and any pick up a split type trophy would be secondary to the ones we have now I think. Although, I think they have enough trick shot add-on packs to add trophies based on those.

As for 300: Have you seen the violent reactions gamers have when they think a trophy is too hard? Between that and the Pain trophies Sony Santa Monica would get burned to the ground.

Back