• 11 comments
Sweden
Sweden
SMH1989
logo_hino.gif

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Powertrain: 836 cc , Inline-4 , 45 hp / 5000 rpm , 68 Nm / 3200 Nm , 3-speed manual

Dimensions: Length 3830 mm , Width 1470 mm , Height 1200 mm , Weight 650 kg

Performance: Top speed 140 km/h , 0-100 km/h 21,8 sec

Information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hino_Contessa#PC_series_.281961-1964.29

Other suggestion of Hino
Contessa 1300 GT Coupe '66

Last edited:
Ah, the Contessa! A car produced by the unlikely alliance of Renault and a Japanese diesel engine producer, with a body penned by no one else than Giovanni Michelotti and mechanical tuning (and steering wheel) from Officine Nardi. The engine's power output was abysmal, and only three gears can't bring you anything good, but hey, I am a sucker for petite slow vintage rides, so all the better! I would love to see this getting into Gran Turismo at some point.

640px-1961_Hino_Contessa_01.jpg

Also the PC-series sedan, while not the product of a famous pen, looks purdy.

Ah, the Contessa! A car produced by the unlikely alliance of Renault and a Japanese diesel engine producer, with a body penned by no one else than Giovanni Michelotti and mechanical tuning (and steering wheel) from Officine Nardi. The engine's power output was abysmal, and only three gears can't bring you anything good, but hey, I am a sucker for petite slow vintage rides, so all the better! I would love to see this getting into Gran Turismo at some point.

This little car looks gorgeous to me and the full red color, amazing car.
👍

The performance is quite modest but the design of the car is pretty nice

Back