Historic Touring Car Heroes - Saturday 15th June - BoP TEST RACE

• Thread starter MaxAttack
  • 43 comments
United Kingdom
Isle of Wight, UK
TPC Presents - Historic Touring Car Heroes Test Race

Saturday, June 15th, 2024 @ 22:00 BST/17:00 EST

Join TPC on a trip down memory lane, celebrating some of the iconic touring cars of late 80s and early 90s. This event is intended to test my custom BoP for these cars with a view to hosting a championship in the near future.

Date: Saturday June 15th
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Start Time: 22:00 British Standard Time

The event will consist of two 30-minute races, with the second being in reverse grid order.

This is a multiclass race featuring 6 "Class A" and 10 "Class C" Historic Touring Cars, loosely based on the BTCC classes of the same name from the 1980s.

• Please ensure that your racing parts and Performance Points match the ones shown in the provided setup sheets.
  • You are welcome to tune the suspension and differential to your liking - though personally, I think the cars drive fine as they are.
  • Cars will be limited to 2 each in Class A and a maximum of 4 in Class C to ensure grid variety. However, since this is a test event and all these cars come from the UCD/LCD (and thus aren't consistently obtainable at short notice), I will be lenient with this rule. If you only have one of the cars and it's fully booked, please go ahead and enter anyway.

Class A BoP by @Adam Barber , Class C BoP by myself. Special thanks to @AfraidRacer for helping me circumnavigate how horrible GTP is on mobile now.
The iconic Mercedes touring car; the 190E is a brutally fast machine. A hero of the early 90s European Touring Car scene, its dominant performances are well documented.
hammer2.jpg
hammer1.jpg

(click on the image to enlarge)

Visual Parts(Do Not Widebody):
  • Custom Wing: Type B
  • Bonnet Pin: Type B
  • Tow Hook: Type B
  • Roll Cage: Type C
Perhaps THE single touring car hero, the E30 M3 started a legacy that endures to this day. Its sublime balance and handling make a great toolkit for a determined driver.
beemer1.jpg
beemer2.jpg

• Custom Wing: Type A
Another dominant force of its age, the Sierra Cosworth is a lively, spirited car that will keep you on your toes. Truly channel the late 80s in this legendary car.
cosworth1.jpg
cosworth2.jpg

• Side: Type A
The only front-wheel drive car in this field is this little legend; an absolute featherweight of a car that will take you back to the days of true hot hatches - a patient and measured driver will get the best out of this machine.
golf1.jpg
golf2.jpg

• Front: Type B
  • Roll Cage: Type B
Not much needs to be said about this car, I'm sure; sublimely balanced, this car's incredible handling will keep a smile on your face all day. If you really want to thrash the car, this is the choice to make.

NOTE: While I would prefer to see the Levin, I will accept Trueno entries if you don't have the Levin available to you.
hachi1.jpg
hachi2.jpg

• Front: Type A
  • Side: Type B
With no FWD R5GT in the car list, we are forced to include the mid engined version - what a terrible shame! Deeply fun to drive, this mad French legend is a beast in the slow corners.
cinq2.jpg
cinq1.jpg

• Front: Type A

No liveries that violate GTPlanet or Sony's TOS will be allowed. I would prefer to see liveries that fit the 80s/90s tourer setting, but, again, in this test race I will not bother enforcing this too harshly.

Mandatory Tires: Racing Hard
Tire Wear: x1
Fuel Consumption: x1
Qualifying: 5 Minutes
Weather: TBD
Time Multiplier: TBD
Time of Day: TBD
Boost: Off
Start Type: Grid w/ False Start Check
Balance of Performance: Off
Grid Order: Slowest First(Race 1)/Fastest First(Race 2)
Slipstream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: None (let's rub doors!)
Grip Reduction: Real
Race Finish Delay: 150 Seconds
Tuning: On
Ghosting: None
Track Limits Penalties: Off
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Crossing the Pit Line Penality: On
Assists: Counter-steering Assistance, ASM, and Auto-Drive prohibited.

We advise all racers to clear their cache before joining the lobby.
The main race will be restarted once in case of any connectivity issues.

Please ensure you have the correct racing parts and upgrades installed - and PLEASE be careful doing so, refer carefully to the screenshots!
It is recommended to use a fresh or newly purchased car before installing the setup, as some upgrades are irreversible.

All drivers/skill levels welcome!

Please follow the racing guidelines as specified here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-good-racecraft-guide.183891/.
Most importantly, Race Hard, Race Clean, Race FAIR!

GTP ID:
PSN ID:
Car Choice:
Car Number:

Last edited:
Entry List:

Class A (FULL - Reserve entries only) -
  1. The_Tullster/TPC_Fudsy - Mercedes (withdrawn)
  2. GOTMAXPOWER - Mercedes
  3. Spinerkopin - BMW (withdrawn)
  4. Chevy Heavy/Chevy_Heavy - Ford
  5. Redneckchef/Phreelickz - Ford
  6. Poolshark3436 - BMW

Class C (6/10) -
  1. MaxAttack/TPC_MaxAttack - VW
  2. RacingGranpa/Resident_Knievel - Renault
  3. Adam Barber/TPC_ABarber95 - Toyota (withdrawn)
  4. Kungtotte_/TPC_Kungtotte - Toyota
  5. Michelin Man/TheSweeney_ - Toyota
  6. R_Goldstreiff/RufusGoldstryff - Renault
  7. The359 - VW
  8. DelboyD - Renault

Last edited:
That'll be it for Toyota entries in Class C and BMW entries in Class A - guys, don't sleep on the Golf! I guarantee you haven't driven an FF as fun for quite a while, it's ultra lightweight and doesn't instantly understeer!

Hey hey, long time no see =) Love some old Touring Car racing. It's a bit late for me (start time 23h in Germany I think) but I guess I'll be home anyway watching the 24h of Le Mans so maybe my own night shift of racing might be a good idea...

GTP ID: R_Goldstreiff
PSN ID: RufusGoldstryff
Car: Golf Class C
Number: #7

Last edited:
I'll jump in amd grab a Cosworth.

PSN: phreelickz
GTP: redneckchef
Car: Sierra Cosworth Gr. A
Number: 21

Nothing matched right or had a number already taken so I'll freestyle it.

Just a note from me feel free to tune your gearbox to suit the circuit as I haven't done anything with them

If you do end up changing the box if you could send me a screenshot of what you use for the race it'd be helpful :)

Hey hey, I was a fool, only now realized that I only have a wide-body Golf in my garage and it is currently not in UCD. So I'd like to change my entry for now to a #25 Renault. If the Golf appears before Saturday, I'll switch back to it.

Last edited:
Reserve entry, depends on potential plans on Saturday.

GTP ID: The359
PSN ID: The359
Car Choice: VW Golf GTI
Car Number: 17

Wha'ts the PSN we need to add for the race on Saturday? I don't want to assume and have it slip my mind. You can either add me or let me know here and i will add everyone that I might need to add as soon as I am able.

It's race day friends!

We have a couple can't make it but enough for a race that should give some good data on the BoP. I'll be hopping in the Golf so we can get a better spread in class C.

I'll aim to have the lobby open a little before 10 and I'll post here when I do. Make sure you have me added on PSN and you may wish to clear cache before entering the lobby (don't forget an oil change if you've been running the car!)

See you all tonight and let's have a good race!

Hello. I can make this tonight! I've just bought a new (old) Renault 5, so I'll be in that.

Will make myself a brew and slap on a new point job.

DelboyD, DelboyD, #5

Back