Honda S660 Northern Isles Quest to understand tuning

United States
United States
Hi Turismoers, this is my quest to understand tuning in this game!

You are welcome to post your best times with this car and compare tunes. I chose the Honda because it is cheap initial price and cheap parts to max it out. Northern Isles as it is a simple track to best show changes in tuning and less racing skill.

Course: Northern Isles Speedway
Vehicle: Honda S660

Using all tuning and parts except Nitrous.

Current best lap: 15.827

However, I set this without really recording changes, and I was changing setting too fast and too many at once and quickly made an undriveable oversteer mess. I no longer have the tune for this time. I want to beat it so badly!

My best known tune lap is 15.884.

Ride Height 75/75
antiroll bar rear to 3
Natural Frequency rear to 1.8
Camber Rear to 1.0
Toe Angle Rear to 0.4 toe-in

LSD 5/5/5
Downforce Rear to 50 (Custom wing)
Ballast 35kg and -50

Transmission top speed 190
1st: 2.839
2nd: 2.058
3rd: 1.570
4th: 1.249
5th: 1.038
6th: 0.849
Final: 4.920

High RPM Turbo
Strong Anti-Lag
Bore up
Stroke up
Engine balance
Polish ports
High lift cam shift
Racing crank shift
Weight reduction 3
Wide body
Racing Soft tires
All other parts best available
Oh and No TCS or Countersteering 🙂

Thoughts:
Dropped ride height to lowest doesn't seem to be hitting body at all. Started with max downforce and reduced to gain top speed. Thinking about going Wingless? Ballast to get weight balance to 50:50 slowly reducing and adjusting suspension to hopefully correct steering to allow no Ballast for higher speed.

Car seems to drive better with high speed stability around +0.50. Doesn't make sense but getting to 0 makes the car oversteer on any corner. I know I read not to trust the stats on the side.

Racing line:
Currently following suggested line in first corner. The second corner I am doing a high low as the exit is tight. (Enter wide and cut down to apex yellow marker, seems to prevent sliding into the wall) Any suggestions here or on the tune are welcome.

I am doing this to try and understand how settings affect the car more naturally. Sure you can read what things do, but I want to be able to drive a car, and be able to know, oh I need to loosen the rear suspension, just by feeling how the car drives, ya know?

Disclaimer, I am a complete rookie looking to learn. Haven't played GT since GT2 and I was a kid divebombing corners with the Escudo Pikes Peak 😂

Welcome anyone else giving this a go and sharing their results and comments on the tunes. Will post updates as I get faster laps.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Update

I was able to beat my best time. Current best time is 15.784.

Ride height 75/75
Antiroll bar 10/1 (seems extreme)
Natural Frequency rear 1.7
Rear toe in 0.5

LSD 5/5/5
Ballast 5 at -50

Gearbox 6th to 0.839

I now am trying to remove the wing, no downforce higher speed, but I cannot get the oversteer under control.

Back