• Thread starter Small_Fryz
  • 64 comments

Small_Fryz

But why is the Rum gone??
Premium
Australia
QLD, Australia
Small_Fryz
So I thought I would start this thread as something of a reference point for those playing the console version to get a time together to compare amongst ourselves to see where we all stand.

As fun as racing the AI is its also cool to have a bit of motivation to race each other and push each other to improve.

So please post up your times + setups and also share tips and tricks on what works or what doesn't in relation to driving these beasts quicker.

Ive put in a good solid 90mins or so getting used to the track and car, plus fiddled with the setup (also gone searching for some online) and this is what I have.

Now I havn't had the time to test the difference with tyre wear on or off and fuel use on or off. In previous Sim games on the PC this did make a difference and it was actually better to run with them on as for some reason the grip levels where better.

Anyway the point of this thread to is to compare a few different settings like that and build up a knowledge of how to go fast with this sim.

Setup:
Engine 100
Brake Bias 68
Fuel 15
Aero 3/0
Final 4.100
Diff 70/30
Tyre pressures left stock at 29 all round
Camber 4.1 Front / 2.0 Rears
Toe 6 Fronts / 7 Rears
Ride height 10 all round
Springs 200 Front / 125 Rear
Roll bar 10/7
Damper bump 3/3
Damper Rebound 5 Front / 4 Rear

I don't particularly feel that a setting upgrade will bring much break through in my time, though I could be wrong.

Anyway, go give it a crack and let me know your times!! Its been a long time since I have run some laps in the Sim world and this time is only good for Bronze haha. I'm no alien, though that Gold time does seem mighty fast!

Its the special Events, BMW E30 Group A hotlap challenge at Silverstone GP. (not the 1992 DTM Version)
I have personally set this time with all Aids off, Damage at 100%, Tyre and Fuel use on.

2'19.167 - eclipsee
2'19.610 - Harry6784 (PC)
2'19.737 - Saidur_Ali (PC)
2'20.576 - tka_tha (ABS on)
2'20.707 - Sutuki (XB1 / Controller / No Aids)
2'20.887 - FPV MIC (PS4 / T500)
2'20.905 - Small_Fryz
2'21.847 - Jonnypenso
2'22.272 - Xx Jojje Xx
2'22.319 - mister dog
2'22.809 - doblocruiser
2'23.151 - Im_Lukas (PC Version)
2'23.166 - svenvangent
2'23.518 - Jump_Ace (ABS on)
2'26.899 - SpaceBreed
2'27.xxx - recar deeps (XB1)

Updated post 60

Last edited:
I did a 2:21:something. I took the wrong hotlap :banghead: so after my counter went down it showed only the points gathered.

Will try again in the coming days because it's a great combination. The beemer feels less "skittish" than the Alfa but I still prefer the Italians over the Germans.

I didn't touch the tuning at all.

Any idea on format on how to post our times? Maybe you could make it the first official challenge here on GTP since the Americans can enjoy the fun as well :cheers:

Edit: 2:26:xx , I took the group A touring car and not the one that is one level lower. I drove the one from the challenge. Bronze is far for now. 2:22 is certainly not possible for me atm :eek:

Last edited:
Any idea on format on how to post our times? Maybe you could make it the first official challenge here on GTP since the Americans can enjoy the fun as well :cheers:

Edit: 2:26:xx , I took the group A touring car and not the one that is one level lower. I drove the one from the challenge. Bronze is far for now. 2:22 is certainly not possible for me atm :eek:

The format and rules are still a bit TBA to be honest, I don't know enough about the game to be able to confirm if we can save hotlap replays or not. For now all we can go on is a screenshot of the results table and honesty. I figured using the special events would at least limit as many variables as possible.

But for sure with some more input and ideas I would love to turn it into GTP's first sanctioned hotlap challenge, I think it is a great combination to get used to the feel of the game.

Well done on your 2'26, That is exactly where I was when i started, in the settings tab, try ditching the rear wing + adjusting the gears and changing the tyres to soft and that alone should help you shave off some time 👍. I also think getting rid of Auto Clutch and Auto Blip is faster too, however you then need the skills to rev match on the downshift and lift a touch on the upshift.

Last edited:
So I did a bit more practise and turned on the Tyre and Fuel wear and I managed a 2'21.929. This combo really is a lot of fun. I changed brake bias to 68 and fuel to 15, updated my original post.

I personally think getting the gold is achievable, however the sunlight / shadows / glare really do make it tough to nail the lap and without ABS the last tight corner can be a bit hit and miss when pushing at the limit.

Anybody else keen to run a few laps???

You all seem pretty intent on posting about the game, how about turning a few laps too :P :lol:

For what it's worth, the settings for RSR Live Timing which is pretty much the go to hotlap app for AC on pc, for Pro Mode are 26C, optimum track conditions, Tire Wear, Fuel and Damage on full, factory driving aids. Each setting does make a difference. Higher track temps produce more grip. Less fuel means less weight and faster times. Tire wear means you get a lap or two and then a little less grip.

2.24.013 , No assist and default setup.

Small_Fryz: Nice time 👍:)
Have to try your setup beqause I have no clue when it comes to setups.

xXJojjeXx

Count me in brother! I'll see if I can manage some laps this weekend with your settings.

Jerome

Awesome job guys!!

I have to go away for a few days with work but I will be able to update the leaderboad in the meantime, however once I'm back later in the week I'll have another go and aim for the Gold Time and see if I can figure out how to upload my replay 👍

I'm glad you all enjoy the combo, I also thought it is a wonderful one to try.

Wow, first time hotlapping in a year, I must be super rusty. After an hour I managed 2:23.518 :ouch:

I started with the stock settings, tried your setup Dion and made some minor tweaks. Also, did you have the soft tires on? Thats about all the time I've had all week, someone who isn't daddy needs a nap :lol:

14258231_1423282204355025_3072947469371887782_o.jpg

BB - 71
fuel - 10 :sly:
Aero 1/4 (cause I'm a wuss atm - I'll lower the rear later)
The rest is your setup, Dion.

Jerome

Last edited:
Is it worth noting whether your time was achieved with controller or wheel? That will give context and perhaps maintain some level of self-esteem for us DS4 users

I just realized/remembered I has ABS on for my lap, does that DQ me? Is it faster w/o ABS?

Jerome

Awesome job guys!!

I have to go away for a few days with work but I will be able to update the leaderboad in the meantime, however once I'm back later in the week I'll have another go and aim for the Gold Time and see if I can figure out how to upload my replay 👍

I'm glad you all enjoy the combo, I also thought it is a wonderful one to try.
I normally don't like Silverstone (because I suck at it:() but thought I'd give it a go anyway, turns out I quite like it with this combo:tup:. Good luck getting the Gold, it's definitely doable, but till then here's a tiny (and I really mean tiny) bit of motivation for your next run...
20160907_154946.jpg

Did this one a few days ago, not a huge fan of this car but enjoyed the challenge :)

Xbox One/Controller/no assists

2:20.707

You did that with a controller? :bowdown::cheers: If you hadn't mentioned that I never would have known from the video. The RSR Leaderboards on pc for this combo has 49 entries and you'd be in 4th only 0.012 out of third. That's damn impressive!👍👍

Leaderboard update!!
Nice times guys.
It would be nice if somehow the XBONE and PC boys could join as well.
Go ahead, just state which platform you are using :)

I just realized/remembered I has ABS on for my lap, does that DQ me? Is it faster w/o ABS?

Jerome
Hi mate! good to see you around :D

Its probably faster with ABS?? or at least easier not to make a mistake. However we are more focused on just getting some guys together and having a run and comparing different settings, try it without ABS next time and see what you think?
Did this one a few days ago, not a huge fan of this car but enjoyed the challenge :)

Xbox One/Controller/no assists

2:20.707
Awesome time mate!! I do remember seeing your name from the old WRS days and I look forward to giving it a good crack later this week.

Hmmm little progress with some practice (1 hour)

Sunday did a 2.26.400 Mid tyres default setup
Than I did it with soft tyres 2.25.100 default setup
Now playing with the setup I did a 2.23.166 and 15L off space in the car no help from TC or ABS
Would like to see something in the steady 2.22 and something if possible .

Last edited:
Back