How accurate a reflection is increase/decrease of PP in general when tuning?

• Thread starter B80
  • 4 comments

B80

England
Deadlights with Pennywise and the Balloons
naughty_teddy1
Hi all,

Before I embark on tuning myself, I'm interested to know how accurate a guide the increase/decrease of PP is for cars in this game.

I imagine the beauty/goal of tuning yourself is to taylor cars to your driving style and each track, rather than adapt to style, handing, output of cars, but how much of an insight do we get that my ammending settings and increasing PP is generally optimizing a car, assuming you're using same parts? It seems obvious that sticking a turbo upgrade in any vehicle (ignoring probably fuel economy reduction) is going to enhance due HP increase and significant PP increase.

But, if getting more granular with individual LSD, suspension settings, can we generally assume the car is going to be 'better' before tracking it if we change toe angles and see PP increase, (or vice versa if it decreases).

This is ignoring the fly in the ointment around reported 'glitches' where PP can change suddenly in some (many?) instances after making minor amendments in some cars. Also, PP isn;t measured against tracks is it, so playing with downforce will effect PP, but lap times will be effected depending on downforce for example if running too much/less on more technical circuits v higher speed tracks - ie no point to my knowledge running high downforce on ovals compared to somewhere like Tsukba.

Like I mentioned in the first paragraph, understand that ultimately the benefit of tuning is customizing a car to suit you along with generally improving its output. Kind of like being a sportsman choosing his running shoes and some may go for slightly cheaper pair/brand as fit, design may suit the athletes style, requirements more than the top of the range Nikes, despite on paper the Nikes objectively being a better shoe - materials, sponginess, size of heal, gait, pronation may work better for athlete B v athelte a, despite all metrics indicating the expensive shoe is better in theory in most situations for all athletes...

Anyway, rambling on, but would be interested to know from people :D.

@CounterSteer @shaunm80 @praiano63

Cheers

Last edited:
As PP doesnt know the track you are driving on, it isnt a good reflection of how capable a car is and can be very decieving.
1659105710444.png

Blue Moon Raceway
Sport Soft was way easier to drive than Medium or Hard as the car really liked to slide on corner exit with these two
Did 3 laps on each setup there

Going a bit further, because we know power is king
1659106693526.png

Did only one lap and already was faster although the car tried to kill me!

Last edited:
B80
Hi all,

Before I embark on tuning myself, I'm interested to know how accurate a guide the increase/decrease of PP is for cars in this game.
I can categorically state the fact PP in this game is badly broken and makes tuning a nightmare!

And then you add to this certain cars with certain tuning traits can glitch the PP system right out of the ball park. Example the original Tomahawk glitch.

Having said that, by all means give tuning a go and feel the joy in making a car drive the way you like it too or altering a car to fit into a category it normally wouldn't fit into. Or better still, play with the engine swapped cars and see what you can do.

At the end of the day it's only a game and you should have fun :-)

Back