How can I get rid of the on/off switch accelerator?

• Thread starter Matty28
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
England
GT5 & GT6 both had this baffling feature when using controllers, but had a normal linear accelerator when you used a wheel. It seems in GT Sport the devs decided even the more hardcore drivers want an on/off switch instead of a linear pedal. Perhaps it is to make it artificially harder? I don't know. Anyway, there's a video below showing what I'm talking about.

As you can see, on GT Sport (2nd clip) the throttle gets more sensitive as you go through the travel which makes it impossible to control the throttle correctly whereas GT6 is how it should be (linear).

Is there a setting to fix this?

GT5 & GT6 both had this baffling feature when using controllers, but had a normal linear accelerator when you used a wheel. It seems in GT Sport the devs decided even the more hardcore drivers want an on/off switch instead of a linear pedal. Perhaps it is to make it artificially harder? I don't know. Anyway, there's a video below showing what I'm talking about.

As you can see, on GT Sport (2nd clip) the throttle gets more sensitive as you go through the travel which makes it impossible to control the throttle correctly whereas GT6 is how it should be (linear).

Is there a setting to fix this?

Nope. It's not adjustable from within the game.

This has been a topic of discussion in various threads since week 1- it also happens with steering wheel controllers. I asked about it on the official Playstation forums but as far as I'm aware, there has been no acknowledgement of it from PD yet. I'm wondering if sending e-mails to Logitech / Thrustmaster might work. We can be pretty sure it's not their fault (as it happens on both brands' products and only in this game) but they have a partnership with Polyphony and they also have official English-speaking support channels (Polyphony does not appear to).

I use a few different very custom(my mates will laugh at that, trust me) rigs. Depending on your driving style and what you are willing to live with or sacrifice, I can give you an idea that could help a great deal.

I actually have two sets of pedals I did this to, after a conversation with a long time alien friend who used to frequent this site I delved into this mod. You can physically manipulate the throw your pedals have, the dead band, the tension etc.

If I am not using an old driving force wheel where I use the old shifting paddles as gas and brake, I'm using some iteration of this pedal mod...

You can't change the in/out of the peripheral as you've learned so I would suggest tricking the software with some sort of hardware mod like this. I have glued leather under and over and in all sorts of other spots inbetween to tailor my pedals to me(the reason in my case is plantar fascitiitis but whatever). Shorten your gas pedal throw and increase the resistance of the spring in one wack, the game will auto calibrate your setup so that is nice.

What I have done and like, glue a healthy, maybe up to 1/2" piece of leather under the open position stop of your gas pedal, file or sand away some of the other side so you can press past the factory stop of the pedals. It's like 'loading' the gas spring sorta, mine are shorter throw for why I said. It's not hard and it won't ruin anything as you can put it all back to stock.

Most ps games will auto calibrate to your input device once it sees the range it can travel.

Back