How do I totally uninstall GT6

• Thread starter Ryk
  • 16 comments

Ryk

England
Lancashire
Ryk_BRM
Before you get your nomex underwear in a twist...

My GT6 won't install past v1.13 and I've traced the issue back to v1.00 where my Apricot Hills track is corrupt so if I go there the game chugs and stalls and I need to restart the PS3 to play again.

I've deleted the game data utility GT6 item (Which reverts the game version down) But I'd like to force a clean install from the disk -

My reasoning being if I can't get Apricot Hills to work at v1.00 I won't be able to upgrade the game beyond a point where the update tries to build on a corrupted track data folder.

I've already saved my GT6 save data to a bubble chip studport in my T-800 neural net processor.

Thank you in advance.

------------
I have previously deleted the Game Data save - which dropped GT6 v1.13 back to GT6 v1.00... (I then reinstalled the patches for a few hours but the patch install would always stall for v1.14 doing all kinds of tricksy methods which did work for other players - The only difference I can see is the Apricot Hills error...

--- Looking at the Restore your PS3 file system & database webpage now...

... deleting GT6 game data - - 10 minutes later - delete complete

A beep - beep - beepbeep release and carefully select option 4!!
(DO NOT RESTORE PS3 SYSTEM)
Rebuilding database - slow but not too slow
repeated but now restore file system - It was corrupted
25% complete but ticking along. (DO NOT RESTORE PS3 SYSTEM)

lets play GT6 from the disk!

Last edited:
On the PS3 menu, go to Game Data Utility (not save data utility), find the GT6 file in that list, when you do, hit triangle and a menu will appear and the delete option will be there.

Did all that... saw the rather good GT6 intro
did my lap of Brands
bought a Honda
test run at Apricot Hills - game crash.

Ah well thanks for trying guys.

One thing that some people recommend (even PD itself on the manual page) is installing updates once at a time, unlike doing all at once. To install a clean 1.00, the only option is staying the PS3 offline, or it will download all updates automatically.

To update one version at a time, you let it install the first update, then hit circle button and let the game run. When you restart the game, it will ask the next version and you do the same...

I turned off the internet (Sorry if anyone was using it at the time) and played V1.00 no patches or anything. It was good but Apricot Hills was corrupt in some fashion (Going there forced the game to stall and I had to turn off the PS3 to do anything. Which isn't good.
Maybe my game disk has a scratch - That is my next fix... try for a 2nd disk.
If I can't get V1.00 to work I don't have much faith that patches and updates will help.

Hmm it may be the only option, But before I go all pull a Ripley & Hicks on it (Nuke it from Orbit, it's the only way to be sure.)
I'll look out for a copy of GT6 in the local emporium of silicon gaming delights
(Would be nice if they did a did a new disk with all the updates on it... like that will happen!)

Ryk
Hmm it may be the only option, But before I go all pull a Ripley & Hicks on it (Nuke it from Orbit, it's the only way to be sure.)
I'll look out for a copy of GT6 in the local emporium of silicon gaming delights
(Would be nice if they did a did a new disk with all the updates on it... like that will happen!)

Hey, they did it with GT5 Spec 2.0, and called it XL Edition. Maybe if there is a Spec 2 for GT6...

Lets hope the next update is v2.00 rather than v1.16 -

Percussive maintenance (Hammer)

I find Fire fixes most problems.

Last edited:
Can you rent or borrow a copy of the game and then return it once the install is over? Once the initial download is done it should be able to run off the disc you have as long as you did the full install to the HD, no?

Could do - Not sure if game rental shops are about - a Fresh copy isn't going to break the bank... so long as it installs!

Ryk
Could do - Not sure if game rental shops are about - a Fresh copy isn't going to break the bank... so long as it installs!
I'm pretty sure GT6 is not much now as I saw one on Amazon for £10 (new)

Latest Posts

Back