How do intentionally reckless drivers get to S rank?

• Thread starter Tekku
  • 7 comments
Sweden
Umeå
I just had a race at Circuit de la Sarthe where I was having a fight with a driver that had fairly good pace. I managed to stay close and during lap 3 he did a small mistake which put me one inch from him. When we both went into the pit almost at the same time I got a better exit and was ahead of him by 1 second. I could then see in my back mirror that he was starting to cut curners in a straight line and generally just driving really irratic and aggressive. When we came to the first chicane after the first long straight he just rammed me completely into the side making my car spin around two times. I got so scared I had goosebumps all over my body. He proceeded to do the same thing to a couple of cars until he had so much penalty time that he was eventually overtook by most of the victims. But the funny thing was that he didn't have enough penalty time to drop behind me so he really gained a position by hitting me. Of course he topped it all off by doing the classic "spin over finish line", probably hoping for more victims at the same time.

How is it possible for a driver to get to S rank when they have this kind of behaviour in them? Or do some people just snap from time to time and become childish about their own mistakes? I can relate to being frustrated and angry and thus having less capability to drive consistently, but I sure as hell don't start ramming people and intentionally ruin someone elses experience.

Is there also no system in place that disqualifies someone if they have too much penalty time? Especially if it's based on ramming other people.

Last edited:
Can appreciate your frustrations Tekku, there's a reason I avoid online racing. It's baffling how people are so 'win at all costs' and have their ego hurt when someone dares to overtake them and possibly be a faster driver.

The last time I raced online would have been when GT Sport was quite new. Now I've done almost everything in GT7 I thought I'd give it a go again. Big mistake.

Daily race C last night at Le Mans, thought I'd skip quali and start last to avoid getting caught up in stuff. Saving fuel and having a good race through the field until two other drivers are having their own battle behind me where it looks like one has pushed the other off the track on the run down to Indianapolis. I'm taking the left hander minding my own business when I get T-boned by them out of nowhere getting revenge on each other. Unbelievable.

Back to single player it is.

I just had a race at Circuit de la Sarthe where I was having a fight with a driver that had fairly good pace. I managed to stay close and during lap 3 he did a small mistake which put me one inch from him. When we both went into the pit almost at the same time I got a better exit and was ahead of him by 1 second. I could then see in my back mirror that he was starting to cut curners in a straight line and generally just driving really irratic and aggressive. When we came to the first chicane after the first long straight he just rammed me completely into the side making my car spin around two times. I got so scared I had goosebumps all over my body. He proceeded to do the same thing to a couple of cars until he had so much penalty time that he was eventually overtook by most of the victims. But the funny thing was that he didn't have enough penalty time to drop behind me so he really gained a position by hitting me. Of course he topped it all off by doing the classic "spin over finish line", probably hoping for more victims at the same time.

How is it possible for a driver to get to S rank when they have this kind of behaviour in them? Or do some people just snap from time to time and become childish about their own mistakes? I can relate to being frustrated and angry and thus having less capability to drive consistently, but I sure as hell don't start ramming people and intentionally ruin someone elses experience.

Is there also no system in place that disqualifies someone if they have too much penalty time? Especially if it's based on ramming other people.
This is why I have only won a handful of races. Most of the time I just hang back to get a podium spot. There’s no such thing as a competitive race. The other driver just gets overly aggressive if you pass. I heard league races are much better though

I'm currently using my second account because the first one is suspended. I'm as soon as I could start in sports I drove in race C.. set a Q time and off we went. I test different boxes and fuel strategies...
And what can I say.. there are some who are just "not nice".
As soon as you overtake them, their ego takes a hit..And they try everything to win...

I now have 9 races there 9 poles 6 wins 2 second places 1 place 8

I'm currently using my second account because the first one is suspended. I'm as soon as I could start in sports I drove in race C.. set a Q time and off we went. I test different boxes and fuel strategies...
And what can I say.. there are some who are just "not nice".
As soon as you overtake them, their ego takes a hit..And they try everything to win...

I now have 9 races there 9 poles 6 wins 2 second places 1 place 8
Out of interest are there limits on assists, or can you see what others are using online?

B80
Out of interest are there limits on assists, or can you see what others are using online?

You can see the limits on assists in the race details option of the daily race screen.

The only way to see what other drivers are using is to save your replay then view the other cars in your replay with the HUD turned on.

Id be a fan for much harsher penalties. If they can't implement it correctly, just detract points to all drivers involved in crashes. I realise one will often get penalty points for contact one had no say in, but Id happily take it. The clean driver will eventually get and stay at S and the dirty ones should have no chance in hell.

Back