How to get faster in Australia and Malaysia ?F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter TCSdisable
  • 2 comments
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
PowderGuy
Hi guys, I have no idea to get quicker on Australia Very fast Chicane on sector 2.
also, Malaysia S Curve and Double Apex in sector 2....

I got headache with them since my sector 1 timing is better than all AIs...
This kind of corner is slows my hot laps. I needed something to correct my driving.

Just notice my driving, in these session, my gear is lower than suggested gear one level.
I feels my car is okay on the First Apex but under-steer during try turning to second Apex, whatever setting up my car as over steering style...

What's wrong with me?
I give too much throttle while head on 2nd apex?
I got wrong idea with my wheel Force Feedback wheel?

At the fast chicane you probably need to take the first corner with slightly less speed so that you can go flat out through the 2nd corner and carry more speed as you exit. Turn in sooner so that you are nice and wide when approaching the 2nd apex. At the first turn I have two tyres across the inside apex. I am hugging the wall so that I am really wide and can take the next corner flat out.

Watch the video here, Hamilton does exactly that. Two tyres off on the first turn, hugging the wall.

And at Malaysia I can almost guarantee that you are probably also not going wide enough before you approach the apex of that first corner. Come into the apex from much farther out and you should have no problem taking it nearly flat out. You need to control the throttle in that corner though, and many people downshift just as they are taking the 2nd corner.

Pause this one right at 38 seconds and look at how wide Felipe is here before going into the S-section. His right front tyre is very close to the white line on the outside edge of the track. It's all about using all of the track.

Back