How to's for DRSF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter thomasw
  • 26 comments
I have no idea how to use DRS during race. Some time I can see solid DRS light but does that mean it's on? And why I can only use it once?

Have to be within a second at the detection zone and then you activate it at the activation point. Most tracks only have 1 DRS zone, Montreal and Valencia have 2.

check google for the location of each tracks zones.

e.g. Catalunya:
drs-zone-spain.PNG

Last edited:
During a race you can only use it once the race has been underway for 2 laps and then only in dry conditions. Once you are within one second of the car in front at the DRS Activation Point (The DRS Zone is usually on the longest straight of the circuit) you can deploy DRS, this will be shown by the DRS Symbol in the bottom right hand corner lighting up green. 👍

Ah ok. I didn't know there were that many rules. Thanks. I wish there was a sticky. Another question is KERS. I cannot seem to turn this on. I'm racing with Virgin team, maybe my car does not have KERS?

Ah ok. I didn't know there were that many rules. Thanks. I wish there was a sticky. Another question is KERS. I cannot seem to turn this on. I'm racing with Virgin team, maybe my car does not have KERS?

It doesn't. Same for HRT, for example.

The three new teams to the championship, (Lotus, HRT and Virgin) Do not have KERS technology but all cars have DRS. 👍

Also be a good idea to point out that during practice and qualifying you can use DRS as much as you want... i.e. outside the activation zones.

quote The three new teams to the championship, (Lotus, HRT and Virgin) Do not have KERS technology but all cars have DRS. end quote

ahh, I have been racing the first season with virgin and can't get kers to work, I can with red bull in other modes. it all makes sense.

time to restart season. you just can't compete with medium ai with no kers

Yeah I think you can choose force india at the start .. they are alright or Williams if theyre available.

Yeah I think you can choose force india at the start .. they are alright or Williams if theyre available.

Both Force India and Williams are available right away and have both KERS and DRS.

I wonder if codies will update the game as the 2011 season continues to update the DRS zone.
For example, the game default DRS in Singapore is the pit straight, where in reality is between Turn 5 and 7.

I wonder if codies will update the game as the 2011 season continues to update the DRS zone.
For example, the game default DRS in Singapore is the pit straight, where in reality is between Turn 5 and 7.

I was wondering how they'll manage that but I'm not there yet in my season.

Hope they'll update DRS zone in the new racetrack.

Singapore looks fantastic at night tho don't it I agree they should have 2 DRS zones in Singapore it would be great.

Starting line is really short in Singapour no ?

Compared to any other straights on the circuit, yes it's one of the shortest but you could still get up to 7th gear before the end of the straight.

I believe the update for these DRS zones should come later because perhaps the game's DRS programming were done well before the Singapore GP thus setting the start/finish line as a default location...

Compared to any other straights on the circuit, yes it's one of the shortest but you could still get up to 7th gear before the end of the straight.

I believe the update for these DRS zones should come later because perhaps the game's DRS programming were done well before the Singapore GP thus setting the start/finish line as a default location...

I believe/hope they will have an update after the Brazilian GP to capture all the actual DRS activation zone and detection line.

Which by the time the season finishes, and the time codies to program the patch. I'd guess around December???

Probably update some of the trackside ads to capture where the postboards are??? :D

Back