Human comedy is not fun!

• Thread starter Ohno
  • 29 comments
United States
United States
on Tsukuba I was on track for gold (maybe) with three laps left when AI maliciously hit me on straight (he had the line, I was car width away) and knocked me into pit entrance so lost time for no work pit stop. Came in third. I’m running 0:59 laps and not sure I would win anyway.

On autopolis in s660 other cars are way faster than me. I’m running 1:28 laps and getting passed, losing places. After pit, other cars hit me at least a dozen times (no joke), knocked me off track twice, in 18th place. I quit.

On Maggiore I’m running 1:58 laps in RSR and looks like best I can do is second place. But on final lap, AI hits me, again on straight and he had the line, and I came in 8th! And hour of driving for pitiful credits and it’s just not fun.

I check out YouTube and people are driving way slower laps than me and winning by wide margins. Ive tried easy, normal, hard, makes no difference.

I’ve now driven multiple hours with little credits or trophies to show for it. I’m not the best driver but have gold in everything else. I’m about to rage quit this game. Can anyone help?

on Tsukuba I was on track for gold (maybe) with three laps left when AI maliciously hit me on straight (he had the line, I was car width away) and knocked me into pit entrance so lost time for no work pit stop. Came in third. I’m running 0:59 laps and not sure I would win anyway.

On autopolis in s660 other cars are way faster than me. I’m running 1:28 laps and getting passed, losing places. After pit, other cars hit me at least a dozen times (no joke), knocked me off track twice, in 18th place. I quit.

On Maggiore I’m running 1:58 laps in RSR and looks like best I can do is second place. But on final lap, AI hits me, again on straight and he had the line, and I came in 8th! And hour of driving for pitiful credits and it’s just not fun.

I check out YouTube and people are driving way slower laps than me and winning by wide margins. Ive tried easy, normal, hard, makes no difference.

I’ve now driven multiple hours with little credits or trophies to show for it. I’m not the best driver but have gold in everything else. I’m about to rage quit this game. Can anyone help?
There is an entire thread with advice on this set of missions. Most races are not too difficult, but Lago Maggiore is one of the toughest races in the game.

There is an entire thread with advice on this set of missions. Most races are not too difficult, but Lago Maggiore is one of the toughest races in the game.
I got my tuning from that thread. My lap times are good. But I am losing. A tough race means it takes high concentration and smart planning to win, not because the AI knocks you off the track constantly.

I now have all gold in human comedy and I can confirm it is just not fun. It could have been but the AI ruins it. I was wrong before when I said difficulty setting doesn’t matter. Easy is the HARDEST!! By far. Use normal or hard.

Even then, AI randomly super fast on some runs and you won’t catch. If you watch older videos people are winning by LAPS with the same times I’m running. It’s basically a complete crap shoot whether you win. I ran one race three times, nearly exact same times each run, lost by 30 seconds, finally won by 30 seconds.

So the problem is you don’t feel rewarded that you performed well, or could tell you were slowly clawing toward victory and have sense of accomplishment. It’s just suffer for hour and maybe randomly win. Some races you win in the last couple laps when it seems you will lose but leader pits for no apparent reason. Just not fun.

BTW, most of the guides out there are now wrong because they are based on old version. If you follow exactly you can’t meet PP limit with new system. So you have to detune further (and thus lose) or come up with a different one. I found some that work to get to the lap time goal but still at the mercy of the random AI.

Lol if I remember this came out when complaints about the game were at peak and as such they put this out as an illusion of new content but also a middle finger to the playerbase :lol:

Lol if I remember this came out when complaints about the game were at peak and as such they put this out as an illusion of new content but also a middle finger to the playerbase :lol:
That is so PD :crazy: carrot and stick.

I now have all gold in human comedy and I can confirm it is just not fun. It could have been but the AI ruins it. I was wrong before when I said difficulty setting doesn’t matter. Easy is the HARDEST!! By far. Use normal or hard.

Even then, AI randomly super fast on some runs and you won’t catch. If you watch older videos people are winning by LAPS with the same times I’m running. It’s basically a complete crap shoot whether you win. I ran one race three times, nearly exact same times each run, lost by 30 seconds, finally won by 30 seconds.

So the problem is you don’t feel rewarded that you performed well, or could tell you were slowly clawing toward victory and have sense of accomplishment. It’s just suffer for hour and maybe randomly win. Some races you win in the last couple laps when it seems you will lose but leader pits for no apparent reason. Just not fun.

BTW, most of the guides out there are now wrong because they are based on old version. If you follow exactly you can’t meet PP limit with new system. So you have to detune further (and thus lose) or come up with a different one. I found some that work to get to the lap time goal but still at the mercy of the random AI.
I agree. Just got all gold some days ago, old PP tuning that doesn't work anymore and blind dumb AI kills all the fun. Just the challenge made me keep going.

I only recently decided to complete all of these, and I found them quite fun. For the two I could use the DP-100 for, I used it and those are easy wins first try. The BAC Mono one took me two tries, I tried the harder tyres the first time, but the softer tyres are just much faster. Autopolis I used a non-glitch tune of the Cappuccino which gave an easy win due to one stopping and the AI stopping more times. I can share my setups if anyone wants them, as I did them with the current version of the game.

I never tried these as I didn't see time spent versus the payoff to be attractive.

Maybe they should have called them The Human Suffering 🤔

I only recently decided to complete all of these, and I found them quite fun. For the two I could use the DP-100 for, I used it and those are easy wins first try. The BAC Mono one took me two tries, I tried the harder tyres the first time, but the softer tyres are just much faster. Autopolis I used a non-glitch tune of the Cappuccino which gave an easy win due to one stopping and the AI stopping more times. I can share my setups if anyone wants them, as I did them with the current version of the game.
I’m glad you had fun but this highlights the issue. The AI is almost random. I never had an easy run in these missions though I have seen dumb AI moves (like running off the track unprovoked) in other races. In videos online some people would get into first place on lap three and win by minutes.

I never tried these as I didn't see time spent versus the payoff to be attractive.

Maybe they should have called them The Human Suffering 🤔

Redemption arc for this topic. After suffering to get through the missions, you will know those courses like the back of your hand. Next go to circuit experience and get easy gold. I made 10 million in a couple hours. So this makes up for the poor investment in Human Comedy. Plus I found the circuit experience actually fun. No AI!!! And a “good” car to drive with clear time goals for each track. No dodgy historic car on comfort tires. I got hooked and did all the tracks. I think I got 40 mil or more. Fisherman’s ranch was a wild one!

The AI is almost random.
There is some randomness to its times, so for the Maggiore one, for example, if you do 1:00:30 race time, you'll be relying on luck to win, but if you can do sub 1:00:00 I've never seen anyone post a result where the AI did it that fast, so you'll win every time.

I'm having fun with them even though I haven't golded them all yet. I just finished second at Alsace losing by .4 sec after I put CM tires on instead of CS and had to make a second pit stop. Still, how does a Ferrari lose to a VW Bus?

AI is always AI but it´s not that bad. My AI hardly ever shunts me and when they do I generally deserve it. I guess the key is to match their speed if you are to slow they will of course be surprised how early you brake but they do respect other cars beside them but they do actually challenge and don´t always give way for the bully :)
I use normal difficulty.

I've done a few. Had to do the autopolis one twice as I had to relearn how to drive the car. Tried Maggiore in the Gr3 and was on pace to win at lap 19 when the Fraga AI decide to straight up ram me off at Big Banky. Bailed and will start again one night, but so annoying. they were a little over 0.5 behind and just ran straight into my rear and launched me off with damage. AI are lethal in some of these.

I've done a few. Had to do the autopolis one twice as I had to relearn how to drive the car. Tried Maggiore in the Gr3 and was on pace to win at lap 19 when the Fraga AI decide to straight up ram me off at Big Banky. Bailed and will start again one night, but so annoying. they were a little over 0.5 behind and just ran straight into my rear and launched me off with damage. AI are lethal in some of these.
The AI has 2 points on that track that when it tries to overtake at will always end in carnage.
1. T1, when you leave the inside open, AI will take it but brake too late and go onto the grass, most likely taking anyone on the outside for the same detour.
2. Banked right turn after long straight, same problem: if you open the inside and AI wants to overtake, it will carry too much speed and go wide after the turn, you can switch there and gain time while AI loses seconds.

I have found certain AI are much more aggressive than others. Gallo and whoever drives the V12 Vantage at Spa and Sardegna are very agressive and must be avoided. Ordonez and Solis are typically happy to share the road with you but each of them has their moments. Portilla will defend his position but will not attack you. In the Sunday Cup, Brown always vanishes in a bright flash just before he hits 90 in his DeLorean. Sometimes I get bonked by the others, not too often though.
The one I have the most trouble with us the V12 Vantage, though. Whoever the AI is in that car is aggressive across the board.
One thing: just by chance I found myself at Kyoto with the Cappucino instead of Autopolis. Heck with it, I hit start anyway. Solis pitted at 20 minutes and that was it. Once I left the pit at 30 minutes, the chase was on. That AI ran like the Bandit for thirty solid minutes. He slipped on the final corner. Though he stayed in the road, I was able to cut down inside his line and barely beat him to the stripe in a photo finish. I think that's the race that earned me the close finish trophy.

I did go back and run the Maggiore race A couple of nights ago. Banking on the fact I had the stupid telephone glitch to get time back if the AI killed me. But I went lights out for the first couple of laps and that extra few seconds there put me ahead enough that I didn't have any real close encounters with the AI at the same moments. Won by 5 seconds after spinning out in the last corner trying to be safe.

Did watch 2 AI go side by side into turn 1 in front of me a few times and every time the outside car was shoved off.

I gave the Tsukuba race a shot today and it is very difficult to say the least, and the updated physics (especially how PP is calculated) is not helping. Four of my friends on the leaderboard finished 1st with 55 laps total, meanwhile I managed 56 laps and I was only 4th and lapped twice by the AI leader… I guess this race has become harder because of the updates?

I gave the Tsukuba race a shot today and it is very difficult to say the least, and the updated physics (especially how PP is calculated) is not helping. Four of my friends on the leaderboard finished 1st with 55 laps total, meanwhile I managed 56 laps and I was only 4th and lapped twice by the AI leader… I guess this race has become harder because of the updates?
Check what difficulty you have it on. Not sure if it has be fixed, but the AI used to basically drive at world tour speed when on easy difficulty. Setting it to normal or hard actually made it easier

I have golded the Tsukuba CE and still no dice on the race there. I was on track for second and got smashed off the track on one of the last three laps. Not only that but the car decided to just spin in circles. The first hit wasn't bad but then a second AI clipped my back end and pointed me nose to the wall. I finished 8th.
Then yesterday I went back to the Spa 1 hour with my usual setup: Red Bull Comp with IM tires, TCS1, ABS, and ASM. That stupid thing would NOT stay on the road! Every Time I'd hit the gas...oversteer! The heck!? I fought hard AI for the entire stinking race when normally I'd lap them all twice. I knocked the tune back down to allow RH tires and went at it again. This time every time an AI would pull up close to me, they'd start swiping side to side trying to clip the back of my car. My tune only gets to 153 on the Kimmel Straight, which allows the AI a chance to catch up sometimes.
On the very first lap of the first race I moved up 2-3 positions easily, then Wilk and Solis collided near turn 7 while they were both trying to cut across Les Combes at 160+ MPH. I looked up and all I saw was "ECOBOOST". No road, no track, just the side of Wilk's car. Naturally somehow they wound up right in front of me...and I was issued a penalty despite having never left the road.
I've seen the AI cut Les Combes a LOT, especially on Hard. They usually don't even slow down but they are never issued any penalties.

Tsukuba was so easy and I aint fast at all. I did it on medium difficulty if medium is easy lol. It was my first endurance race did it on first try but I then got humbled quickly by other races.

Check what difficulty you have it on. Not sure if it has be fixed, but the AI used to basically drive at world tour speed when on easy difficulty. Setting it to normal or hard actually made it easier
Thanks, that’s exactly what happened, AI Kokubun was doing 57.xxx” before, after changing the game difficulty to hard, he only does 59.xxx” now, and I can actually catch him on pure pace.

I'm really getting angry/mad about this, the Tsukuba race is a bitch to pass! The first and second leaders always get a lap ahead of me, I usually run 59 laps before the timer ends, I am clueless as of how to succeed here, see they made it more difficult by restricting the PP, can't be over 620.

Back