I want to recreate Petty's Superbird.

• Thread starter ecurb12
  • 18 comments
United States
United States
ecurb1234
Basically I want my Superbird to have the feel of a 1970's Nascar

What does GT Planet reccomend for the specs

Big car with a small v8. NASCAR hampered what they called "aero advantage" cars back then.
If I'm not mistaken Petty only finished 4th in points driving the Superbird in '70.

Funny how old school 70's NASCAR is similar to imports from today; big fins and additional plastic molding does not make your car faster.

Big car with a small v8. NASCAR hampered what they called "aero advantage" cars back then.
If I'm not mistaken Petty only finished 4th in points driving the Superbird in '70.

Funny how old school 70's NASCAR is similar to imports from today; big fins and additional plastic molding does not make your car faster.
The Superbirds were the first NASCAR's to break 200 mph. Their aerowork definitely made them faster.

The Superbirds were the first NASCAR's to break 200 mph. Their aerowork definitely made them faster.

As @spsajewski points out, the Superbird was incredibly fast on the oval and they were very aerodynamic compared to many of the cars of the day. They nerfed the cars with smaller engines and more weight to eliminate that advantage and in the process made them uncompetitive.

I'm more so looking for approximate specs that I can enter in the game to give it a nascar feel, I'm not very good with tuning myself

My mistake - It was '71 a year later they really slowed the Superbird down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plymouth_Superbird
From Wiki=
" NASCAR's rules implemented for the 1971 season limited the "aero-cars" to an engine displacement of no greater than 305 cu in (5.00 l) or they had to carry much more weight compared to their competitors. While they were still legal to race, the power-to-weight consequences that would come with the smaller engine or the increased weight rendered the cars uncompetitive. This was the start of a trend of rules slowing down NASCAR, because the races were exceeding the technology of tires and safety over 200 mph (320 km/h). "

550pp Superbird 616 hp, 646 ft-lb

Parts
Oil change
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Intake Tuning
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
FC LSD
FC Transmission
FC Suspension
Sports Soft Tires

Suspension
Ride Height 105/115
Spring Rate 8.25/6.25
Dampener Comp 2/5
Dampener Ext 5/5
Anti-Roll Bars 2/4
Camber Angle 2.0/1.8
Toe Angle -0.08/0.10
Brake Balance 4/6

Transmission
Final Gear 3.400
Top Speed 249
First Gear 2.300
Second 1.580
Third 1.100
Fourth 0.805
Fifth 0.615

LSD 8/8/10

Has a lot of power when going around corners so try not to go full throttle until you are straight. Can go 200 mph without a draft on Daytona.

Much appreciated DaBomm I look forward to racing with this tune

Now if only we had graphics customization like in forza I could make it look just like the STP car from 1970

Last edited by a moderator:
550pp Superbird 616 hp, 646 ft-lb

Parts
Oil change
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Intake Tuning
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
FC LSD
FC Transmission
FC Suspension
Sports Soft Tires

Suspension
Ride Height 105/115
Spring Rate 8.25/6.25
Dampener Comp 2/5
Dampener Ext 5/5
Anti-Roll Bars 2/4
Camber Angle 2.0/1.8
Toe Angle -0.08/0.10
Brake Balance 4/6

Transmission
Final Gear 3.400
Top Speed 249
First Gear 2.300
Second 1.580
Third 1.100
Fourth 0.805
Fifth 0.615

LSD 8/8/10

Has a lot of power when going around corners so try not to go full throttle until you are straight. Can go 200 mph without a draft on Daytona.
Can you please make a tune for daytona 560pp Racing Softs?

Can you please make a tune for daytona 560pp Racing Softs?
I have a few other tunes I am working on right now but I can try to work on one after I finish working on my current projects. If you want to try my most up to date tune for the Superbird, it is at 535pp located here. This tune is also the closest to being real life accurate because it was based off of the tune I worked on in this thread.

We drive daytona oval and there is the Transmission very important, when you can give me a Transmission for 560pp where thats a Big thing for me.

Thank you for the fast answer!

Tuned with ABS 1, no other aids, DS3
Tuned for Daytona

Plymouth Superbird 1970
560 pp
663 hp @ 5,400 rpm
664.9 ft-lb @ 5,000 rpm
1301 kg
Power to Weight 1.96
Weight Distribution 54/46

GT Auto
No Oil Change
No Body Rigidity
Wheels: Stock: PDI P525N
Paint Body: Stock
Paint Wheels: Stock

Parts
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Twin-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Soft

Suspension
Ride Height 100/100
Spring Rate 10.00/10.50
Dampeners Comp 8/7
Dampeners Ext 6/8
Anti-Roll Bars 3/4
Camber Angle 2.0/0.0
Toe Angle 0.15/0.00
Brake Balance 4/6

Transmission
Initial Final 3.540 (stock)
Max Speed 249 (max)
First Gear 3.000
Second Gear 1.700
Third Gear 1.100
Fourth Gear 0.800
Fifth Gear 0.630
Final Gear 3.540

LSD 15/20/20

Power Limiter 95.9%
Ballast Weight 0
Ballast Position 0

Notes: Tune requested by @SPENCEINATOR at Daytona.

I am open to feedback to make your experience of my tunes better.

I would suggest the one I posted here first since I brought it up to the specs and tested on Daytona. I don't run Daytona much so I am not sure what a good time is but it felt like a decent time to me.

Back