Improve comfort of Playseat

• Thread starter Lebronze
  • 13 comments
I am using a Playseat Evo + Fanatec GT2, and the setup is great for about 15minutes, then my back starts complaining about the seat and its stiff springs and lack of back support.

I've tried adding pillows, gel inserts, etc. and it just isnt solving my issue (or looks extremely ghetto).

Maybe I've been searching wrong, but I am looking for a way to improve the comfort of the Playseat while keeping it looking professional and neat. I'm not worried about folding the seat.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

I found the lower back is too "deep". The addition of a simple back support (same color as the seat) makes all the difference. I can play comfortably for hours. I'll try & take a photo later.

I peeled off the sides of the seat to see if I could put some extra foam behin the seat cover. Right below the cross bar you can put foam to give extra support. I used a 6x8 inch piece of foam that came packed with an office chair. It's about an inch and a half thick and has a bit of density to it. Not like memory foam. But, you can probably find different densities at a crafts store or home improvement store.

There is a slight bulge right at the Home Depot logo.
43417170.jpg

It worked great for a quick fix. Too bad nothing can be done about the steep angle of the pedal plate...

Last edited:
I peeled off the sides of the seat to see if I could put some extra foam behin the seat cover. Right below the cross bar you can put foam to give extra support. I used a 6x8 inch piece of foam that came packed with an office chair. It's about an inch and a half thick and has a bit of density to it. Not like memory foam. But, you can probably find different densities at a crafts store or home improvement store.

This is what I did. Got some foam from a craft store. Works fine even after a 2-3 hour endurance race.

This is what I did. Got some foam from a craft store. Works fine even after a 2-3 hour endurance race.
Almost the same here.

A short while ago we bought a new mattress for our bed. On the old mattress we had a top-mattress made of about 2" memory foam. I cut out a piece which was inserted in the PlaySeat.

Before ths simple mod I just used one of the smaller cushions from our couch. This new solution works quite well.

Just added some memory foam to the playseat that I put in front of the back support springs.

A picture below of what I used (old memory foam from a mattress cover) and you can see that the top piece of foam (from playseat) is extremely thin.

playseatfoam.jpg

Back