Improve starts.F1 2010-2016 

full gaz at 5 light, then Kers as soon as the car have started moving. You should be able to gain 5-10 place each time at least in pro. All car are very cautious at the first turn, with a good line you can gain some additional position.

I tend to do it this way. 70% throttle while the lights are counting down, when they go out, slowly push down on the throttle, turn your fuel up to rich and burn all your KERS. You should gain 2-5 places before the first corner depending on the length of the start/finish straight.

To me, it seems this game (or 2012 at least) favours maximum throttle launches... If you push full throttle then release a little as soon as the lights go out, then you may gain a lot of places.

full gaz at 5 light, then Kers as soon as the car have started moving. You should be able to gain 5-10 place each time at least in pro. All car are very cautious at the first turn, with a good line you can gain some additional position.

Yeah, that's the way to do it but I wait a second or two before hitting the KERS to see how the field plays out rather than get a time penalty.
You can hit 'em, just don't take 'em out.
Have fun.

Last edited:
Those are ok ways to start. But if you want to be fast, keeps the revs in the purple. Right at race start, punch it to 75-80% If you hear wheel spin (if the revs shoot into the red) back off slightly and then smoothly push the pedal to maximum. If you learn to get away without wheel spin at all you will go right around the max rev guys right off the start. Don't use kers till 3rd gear and depending on track save half the bar for the exiting the 1st corner

If it bogs down off the start, you didn't go down with the pedal fast or far enough. If you hear the engine bouncing off the red, you are spinning your rear wheels and destroying your tire life.

Full throttle at 5 lights and just keep the pedal to the metal, don't care about the wheel spin!
And then at 120 KP/H shift up in to second gear.
This works for me at least!

Full throttle at 5 lights and just keep the pedal to the metal, don't care about the wheel spin!
And then at 120 KP/H shift up in to second gear.
This works for me at least!

In 2012, yeah. In 2011 I'd do what gorsad suggested.

Back